Does anyone else here just do calisthenics?

Why spend money on the gym, to check yourself out in a mirror when you could be an aesthetic acrobatic God?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQKRcWRjQbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some people like to pick up heavy things user.

I'm only doing bodyweight until I can not get laughed out of the gym

Lifting without juice is pointless.

I guess they're going for the powerlifter angle or just mass which is harder with bodyweight. Bodyweight is great if you want a sexy fight club body though.

t. no legs

I want to get ripped like Antranik.

Tried a bodyweight routine for three months, can't get my head back into it.

Lifting that weight however has something meditative to it.

I still do some bodyweight but not exclusively, anymore.

i just want to get to my natty limit, then juice breh

Even gods workout

cuz it takes a shitload of volume and time. 30 minutes 4x a week nets me what 2 hours a day would get me doing body work

I did bodyweight for about 2 years (to train for bouldering) but honestly rate I'm making gains at has practically doubled after getting a gym membership. When I cut down I might start doing it again with better training knowledge and see what happens

word of warning, there's no bodyweight exercises that really isolate and strengthen your spinal erectors. if you hit the gym, depending on how much leg work you do, you might be able to squat a load (I was able to do 110kg within 2 weeks of starting on SL), but your spinal erectors and stabilizer muscles aren't used to having 110kg slammed directly down along the spinal column. Take it slow and safe or you'll end up with shitty back pain like me, or worse, snap city.

all serious/pro level climbers weight train. they train to stay insanely skinny, but the do massive amounts of resistance training as well.

watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQKRcWRjQbs

I mainly do bodyweight and i had to spend money on pull up bar, rings etc etc

I've just started some ki d of hybrid routine. Basically squats and RDL plus antranik's routine for core and upper body.

Has anyone ever tried this ?

>but your spinal erectors and stabilizer muscles aren't used to having 110kg slammed directly down along the spinal column. Take it slow and safe or you'll end up with shitty back pain like me, or worse, snap city.

Man i think this is what happened to me. My lower back has been fucked a year. I was doing ss fine (with a coach) going up fast in deads ohp and squat then out of nowhere on ohp had issue

Now i dont think ill ever be able to do deads or squats or lift weights . Im stuck with calosthenics because they dont hurt my lower back

Is it a permanent injury or just weak? You may have a muscle imbalance that is totally fixable

Just lower back is easily inflamed and especially from sitting all day. If i lift it can get agrivated and inflamed

A year ago i was doing ohp and afterwards had super pain around L2 . Its got better but still inflamed and also slight sciatica sometimes. Inshould probably find a doctor that will send me to a good pt

But yoga only thing that rly helps

I don't know about doing "just" any one thing, but bodyweight is what I think everyone should start with. Injury is made more probable if you don't. I don't consider anyone genuinely strong unless they can move, balance, and support their own weight in forms like this.

This is why training your core directly is very important whether you do bodyweight or not.
Having strong spinal erectors and abs reduces the risk of snapping shit up because your core will never be the weakest link in any exercise.
Next time some retard says "compounds is all you need for core bro" tell him this.

Sorry dont feel like compressing my spine just for the sake of squating

Thats like crunching for abs

Do both faggot

Yo.
But I've been doing some weight lifting lately, just for shits and giggles.
It's not as fun as calisthenics and it wears me out in a way that completely fucks up my cutting plans.

>there's no bodyweight exercises that really isolate and strengthen your spinal erectors.
The bridge and GHR don't isolate and strengthen the spinal erectors?

>all serious/pro level climbers weight train.
no they don't, I know one of the best climbers in the country and he just basically lives on a hangboard. Some do, for sure.

not enough to squat heavy weights without prior exercise, no. don't risk egolifting when it just takes 2-3 extra weeks to work slowly up to a weight.

there's other muscles involved in a barbell squat that bodyweight squats don't work as well.