Tfw want to join an MMA gym

>tfw want to join an MMA gym
>tfw too anxious to join
>tfw people will make fun of me for being shit

Will it be better if I don't look like a DYEL at least?

Were you anxious when you started lifting?

>yfw everyone there was in the same position as you

you can't grow without feeling uncomfortable user

Dude what
have you never tried a new thing in your life?
stop being so autistic

For some reason this makes me more nervous than when I first started lifting

no one will make fun you and no one will judge you. Ive been to multiple muay thai and kick boxing gyms and most of the time there down to earth people, yeah sure some arnt but there still not bad people, people are there to help. just do it op and stick at it

just go and be nice to everyone.

As long as you don't act like you can beat everyone's ass you'll be fine. Nothings worse than an overly confident untrainable dick head, and its a good way to get your ass humbled & tossed out.

Some of the nicest dudes I've ever met could punch your head clear across a room, and no good gym wants to purposely hurt the people they train with to make themselves feel better.

MMA gyms are full of dyels though

be a man and do boxing instead

MMA incorporates boxing

Also Wrestling > Boxing in a real fight

hey man just join the gym

gyms are actually way more respectful than you think and are way more helpful with beginners than you think

no ones gunna make fun of u

they might tease u for being bad at everything but not in a dick way

as long as u show up with a good attitude and show that u want to get better u will blend right in and make a great bunch of friends

source: I was an amateur boxer for ten years. never joined an MMA gym but im sure its the same as a boxing gym in most ways

you will be surprised at how humble a lot of fighters are.

go join man its a great experience

>tfw people will make fun of me for being shit

Literally who invented this meme? When has this ever fucking happened in the history of being new at a pursuit?

people make fun of you anyway cunt whats the difference

how fucking sheltered do you have to be to actually think people are gonna constantly judge you if you look out of place

this happens in pretty much every pursuit

usually by mid level amateurs.

you must not of ever tried to do anything in your life.

This happens in pretty much no pursuit. I think there's a capacity to bring your own drama, but you can go into academia, martial arts, lifting gyms (power lifting, Olympic, crossmemes), the army, or poetry associations and people will encourage you to keep trying.

honestly, how old are you?

About 69 y/o

nice.

anyway, yeah you definetly will get shittalked/pushback from midlevels in any pursuit

this extends to work, sport, anything.

the key is to ignore them, the shit talk stems out of insecurity, hence why it's always the mid levels that do it.

it's better you get the truth than whatever narrative this wierdo is spewing, because when you're prepared for it you'll be able to handle it better.

Mma is for fucking douchebags. Frat guys and white trash. Go to a hole in the wall where the Mexicans train if you want to learn something

lol it will look cringe if someone who was fit got btfo by a dyel

its better if you are dyel

it will look cringe if someone who was fit got btfo by a dyel

its better if youre dyel

Want to join as well. But I wear glasses.

To poor for contacts unfortunately.

For boxing that is

Who cares? You're inside a gym with no one filming with people who want to get better.

I've been bodied by people half my size and done the same to people larger than me. The end goal is the same.

Everyone's shit at the beginning user