Mike Tyson

There are people right here in Veeky Forums thinking that this isnt some kind of genetic freak and is not natty

>people in here right here right now believes Bruce Lee can best Prime Mike

Isn't it amazing what he is compared to normal humans?

Your life is in his hands.

If he hit you, you would die.

If you tried to hit him, you literally would miss 100% of the time.

If it came to blows, he is basically a super saiyan compared to you.

mate. only Prime Tyson was a super saiyan, regular Tyson was piccolo tier, Tyson post prison was krillin tier

well unless you have a gun then he'd be dead lol.

>well unless you have a gun then he'd be dead lol.

And if he had a gun you'd be dead.
What's your point faggot.

Tyson is very under/overrated

Tyson was great at quick knockouts, but was beat by a literal who.

Sure, he was way above the average joe, but not unbeatable by any means.

Ali would've humiliated him. Even Bruce Lee was afraid of Ali.

Can someone rec me a newfag boxing regimen?

>Even Bruce Lee was afraid of Ali

Nigga Bruce Lee is a fraud

Tyson got beat by Douglas. I blame Tysons downfall on his manager.

I think Ali beats Tyson, but Tyson was an insanely talented boxer and a master at closing distance. He would kill Bruce Lee. It wouldn't be a fight.

>bruce lee was a fraud

Not debating that, but he never really admitted to it. Though he did admit that he thought he would lose to Ali. That was my point.

I would not try and punch a boxer. I would go for kicks and take downs something they have no experience defending against.

Unless you're trained in Judo/Jiu Jitsu/Wrestling then you'd probably still be fucked there m8

>guy who did grappling and muay thai a couple of times a month would beat Prime Tyson

Fuck off, a decent competing fighter, sure, but I doubt any of Veeky Forums could take on Prime Tyson

Tyson left Kevin Rooney prioer to that fight and didnt train at all for it, meanwhile Douglas mum just died, so he was going at Tyson with 100%

>Tyson beats Lee

In a boxing match, sure. In mma, who knows? Lee perfectly understood that bigger guys had the advantage, and would've planned accordingly.

Just because Lee was overrated doesnt mean he wasn't great. He just wasn't the god people make him out to be.

mate no one in MMA coming from JKD or Wing Chun ever did good

well.. this.

Bruce Lee is just as he is; a legend

Once had a guy at my dojo tell me that the only reason Chris Weidman KO'd Silva was because he threw a faggot Wing-Chun backfist immediately before. Still haven't stopped laughing.

pls respond

if you want boxing that you could use in fights; go join a boxing gym and find the ones that had you sparring 2-3 times a week

if you want to do it by cardio; just go youtube

>There are people right here in Veeky Forums thinking that this isnt some kind of genetic freak and is not natty
I realize this is bait but for newfags who don't know any better, the terms are hardly mutually exclusive. Most people who take steroids will look like pic related or worse, and will have no chance at being a pro athlete in any sport regardless.

Mike admitted in his documentary that "We didn't have HGH in the 80s. If we did, I would have used it." From this, we can infer that he did use every compound that was available at the time. Of course, he also had an FFMI of around 27.

is it true though that he didnt lift weights at all? there are rumors going around that he did thousands of push ups situps and shrugs, I doubt those too

He lifted weights, but the thousands of reps is for conditioning, if you don't know that you're an utter retard

whats your fucking point? the mans a good boxer woah big secret thanks for revealing that sherlock

He did a bit of lifting but geared towards fighting.

Bridges, abwork, some shoulder work. But Mike is a natural endomorph and he trained 3-4 hours a day what do you expect?

tyson got knocked out when his adopted father, coach and closest relation, cus d'amato died, apparently he was distraught and i think he fought buster douglas that week.

i love ali but tyson was much more powerful in his prime, faster, and could take hits and dodge like crazy and was a fair bit larger in mass. i would heavily favour tyson in a fight vs ali

The Buster Dougler fight. come on man... Mike had lost his adoptive father, he had fired his coach, he was doing drugs and partying all the time and he thought himself unbeatable.

Buster came soon after his mother was gravely ill, had trained like an animal, and arrived at the best shape of his life.

An untrained figher in the top 40 of any sport can NOT beat another without training at all for it. Forget about it.

Mike took out boxers trained by Ali. Mike would win. Also why the fuck do people on here keep saying "the average Joe" who is this strange man I've never met?

Why would they have "no" experience? Implying all boxers have never seen a takedown. Modern boxers watch mma too u pleb.

Wow Michael Jackson used to look so good

Prime Tyson>everyone I've ever seen fight. Not even joking. He was another animal entirely.

I read that his typical day while in training would be some variation of this:
>6 am: wake up, do an hour of sprints for conditioning followed by a long slow distance run. Shower up and go back to bed.
>10 am: wake up again and have breakfast: a shit ton of oatmeal and fruit juice and his "supplements"
>12 pm: ring work: 10 rounds of sparring mixed with boxing specific conditioning: jump rope, heavy and speed bag drills, etc.
>2pm: lunch. A shit ton of steak and pasta and fruit juice.
>3pm: skill and technique work with his coach followed by a long slow distance workout on the exercise bike
>5pm: gym workout. High intensity circuit of situps, dips, pushups, and shrugs followed by neck exercises
>7pm: dinner, same as lunch
>8pm: 30 more minutes on the exercise bike, followed by watching tv and then going to bed

> Though he did admit that he thought he would lose to Ali
No shit, 99% of the human population would have lost to Ali, what's your point?

>natural endomorph
Kys please

No.

Heres the full story

>There are 3 key people in Mike Tyson's life
>Cus D' Amato
>Jimmy Jacobs
>Don King
>Cus found the young Tyson and trained him in boxing with Cus believing Mike could have been one of if not the very best boxer that ever lived
>Cus' personal friend, Jacobs took over Mike's career and managed Mike
>Cus and Jacobs were the only people Tyson trusted and listened to, and theyre the only people who kept Tyson in checked and kept the sharks at bay
>Tyson's career and Cus' coaching proved to be so efficient that Tyson had zero loses and all of his fights ended with knockouts
>Cus however dies in 1985
>Tyson was heavily distraught but this didnt stop him from becoming the youngest heavyweight champion in the world at age 20
>Cus' student replaced him as Tyson's coach
>Kevin Rooney trained Tyson similar to how he did with Cus but Tyson would only listen to Jacobs
>Tyson starts to not train as hard as he did but is still winning fights with Rooney
>Don King then starts to whisper to Tyson's ears how the only people in control of his life are both White people
>Jacobs and Rooney still managed to keep King off of Tyson
>this however all fell apart when Jacobs died in 1988
>Bill Clayton took over as Tyson's manager
>Tyson fires both Rooney and Clayton with urging from Don King
>Don king surrounds Tyson with yes men
>Tyson stops using D'amato style for 18 months
>Tyson stops training
>Tyson loses to Douglas

Well he's not lying that the backfist set up the punch. But it most definitely wasn't Wing Chun or even intended. It was most likely Weidmans shitty unpredictable striking that won.

Also Silva loves to lean back to avoid strikes but it didn't work with Chris who had longer reach than Anderson

Further proof that every single Trip Fag is cancer.

You call him a pleb, but you're too stupid to see the irony of your insult.

Saying that Mike Tyson can stop a takedown because he's watched a wrestler is HILARIOUS.

Guess Mike Tyson can be good at chess too after watching a Russian Chess pro

He's a great boxer and very athletically gifted no doubt about it. Maybe he could have learned all the intricacies of mma and been a champ had he focused on that.

But he didn't and we'll never know.

he said 'modern boxer' though.

and I'm sure its more about seeing the takedown coming more so than being caught by surprise by it

Fantastic story , you really told the facts well, but it's pertinent to mention that Buster's mom died 3 weeks before the fight and he brought 110% to that ring that night. It was the best he'd ever been, against the worst Mike had ever been

yeah I kind of left that part out, even Robin Givens fit into that story somewhere.

I agree with you though, Mike never trained for the douglas fight, he had the time of his life, he did coccaine and fucked a japanese slut the morning of the fight, the last time he trained was 2 weeks ago, mean while, Buster's mom died about 3 DAYS before the fight

> “Once I signed to fight him I knew that I could beat him. And then, of course, it intensified as my mom passed and prior to my mother passing, she came over and checked on me – because I was going through a lot in my life – at the time my wife and I were separated – and it was just really bad outside of my boxing career. And then I was really adamant about it with my mom. And she was like, Oh, you’re so mean. From that point on she was confident I was prepared to fight. It was a trying time but through the grace of God I made it through all the things I was going through. There I was preparing for one of the biggest nights of my life, and then all the things in my life were going bad. But I still stayed focused and was able to lean on boxing to bring me through that, that storm. It was really a difficult time in my life, but boxing helped me make it through it because it took my mind off it, you know, my personal life. So, therefore, he (Tyson) was the least of my worries.”

I really like this part of Tyson's career, I like to call it "Titan fall", you have this one guy, who has known nothing but poverty, and is now surrounded with as much luxuries he could have ever wanted, he had the skills and the potential to be one of the very bests, all he had to do was to keep his head straight and he would have been 100-0-0, He had everything to lose.

Then theres Buster, everything about his life has gone to shit, he lost his bestfriend, his wife separated from him, his mother died, his life outside of boxing was so fucking shit that boxing is the only thing he has left, its the only thing that drives him anymore, this was a man who has nothing to lose because he already did, all he has was this fight.

it was a fight between a man who boxed to take and have everything, versus a man who gave everything up to box.

10/10 fight

It was

If you know anything about Tyson you know he's fitness level (genetics, steroids) carried him in his early fights.

His reflexes and power are unmatched.

As he gets older, much like all boxers that rely on these attributes but never learn how to technically box (ex Roy Jones Jr) get destroyed later on in their career.

Watch Tyson vs Holy Field. Holy Field still older than Tyson schools him with his superior technique because Tyson can no longer react as fast as he wants. If you watch the fight you can see him being too slow by half a second or so the entire fight.

That being said there's a lot of things I'm better at than Mike Tyson. He was great at punching guys for a while, got sent to prison, lost most of his money because he's brainless and let Don King be his slave daddy.

I know this 'fitness' board is all about getting big and some how that being related to defending yourself. But when talking like 'tyson could kick your ass internet warrior', yea a fuck load of people can. That's why I think carrying a gun is smarter than trying to be the best fighter.

Learning to fight still good and being in shape of course, but guns > muscle everyday.