Why the fuck do these 2 spots hurt so much from squatting

why the fuck do these 2 spots hurt so much from squatting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FSSDLDhbacc
t-nation.com/training/tip-squat-without-hip-pain
youtube.com/watch?v=K-CrEi0ymMg
youtu.be/cKFMLdoMAUs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimples_of_Venus)
braceability.com/blog/sacroiliac-joint-pain-exercises/)
b-reddy.org/2012/10/08/you-shouldnt-stretch-your-hip-flexors-if-you-have-hip-pain/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have the same issue, pls help

You need to stretch properly. youtu.be/FSSDLDhbacc

Helped me go from not being able to even squat my own body to squatting 1 plate in a week or so since it was apparently my adductors and general hip/groin area was tight af.

Try switching bar position, had the same issue and it did wonders. It's most likely a mobility issue.

Wow that's exactly the pain I have right now after squatting yesterday & earlier this week

I thought I'm having some kind of sports hernia

t-nation.com/training/tip-squat-without-hip-pain

drive with your heels, wear properly elevated shoes, deep breath in at the top, scapular retraction, tighten your glutes and quads on the way DOWN to activate them for the drive UP. I the problem you're having and a knee issue with these techniques.

I should add,

don't ever fucking lift with your ego when you're squatting, way too dangerous. If your form blows, start at square one. Makes you look like an idiot to boot.

Cut back on running.

you gotta get good at bodyweight squats before you add pl8s my dude

ALL W R O N G

its APT, anterior pelvic tilt

fix your apt and the pain will go away

Pretty much.

Also that T-nation article telling you to not stretch your hip flexors and rotate your knees inwards is pretty cute.

This, and also proper technique on the squat will be much easier.

This.

Are youns fucking retarded?
Stretching your hip flexors is how you fix anterior pelvic tilt.
youtube.com/watch?v=K-CrEi0ymMg

Got that once from doing wide squat.
1. Massage the shit out of whatever that is
2. Warm up with body squat while holding your feet
3. Rest if your not an autismo like me
>You did wide squat, didn't you?

Hernia

because you're not stretching properly and have anterior pelvic tilt. My old coach would call the stretch a "spiderman" but i dunno if thats the proper name for it. Basically go into a really really deep lunch and put both hands on the floor on the inside of your bent leg. then try and drive your hips downward and you'll feel a stretch there

i did a back loaded lunge without warmup and developed iliopsoas minor tendinitis(tendinopathy?)

not always apt

I had this to the point where I couldn't walk, after taking a week off I started doing video related before every squat workout and never had pain again.
youtu.be/cKFMLdoMAUs

Everyone saying stretch and stuff like that is a fucking retard, this is caused by knee sliding forward at the bottom.
Basically the distal tension on the rectus femoris pulls against its proximal insertion and makes you asis sore.
Search for "TUBOW squat" and fix your knee slide, also stop stretching and all that bullshit

Bad advice. People with long femurs relative to torso 'NEEDS' their knees to travel a good way forward to even reach proper depth without lumbar flexion

You didn't understand, knees can go as far as they want, but they need to do so in the first half of the squat, if the go forward at the bottom you get pain in your hips

I have a different type of pain after squatting, but it seems relevant to this thread.

I'm left handed.

After squatting, I have a sharp pain directly on the right dimple (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimples_of_Venus) on my lower back. The dimples cover the sacroiliac joints. I see online some exercises that are supposed to help sacroiliac joint pain, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and been able to fix it.

Furthermore, this website (braceability.com/blog/sacroiliac-joint-pain-exercises/) also says to avoid tennis and golf, the two sports I play most. When playing those, I also get pain, but it's more to the right side around my ribs than on the lower right back.

I think overall the right side of my entire core is just severely undertrained and inflexible.

Medfag here. I read the first 5 or so responses. They were wrong. This is probably a hip impingement. It could be a proximal issue of you having heard "arch your back or you will snap your shit up!" And you have a really excessive lordosis leading to hip impingement. Or, you have some mobility imbalances leading to some lateral twisting in the hips causing the impingement. If your problem is A: learn how to brace your core better, and get your spine back in a neutral position. If B: Google "banded hip distraction."

If your problem might be some C, provide more context.

that dude might be retarded. here's what i commented on his hip flexor stretch video
"The problem was anterior gliding of the ball in the socket in the first place. Shouldn't the band pull your socket back to posterior, so the opposite direction of what you just showed?"

nevermind, the video you linked has sound advice regardless

I don't know what it does but it solved the problem for me. If I don't do it before squatting the pain comes back. Don't care what it does if it works

You may have tight calves, which causes you to compensate. This causes more bend in the hips than normal and pain in that area.

Try squatting with a board under your heels. If that alleviates the pain it's a hamstring tightness issue.

>fix your apt
how genius?

I just squatted with knees pointing forward and the pain was more intense. I guess you're right.

Pretty much EVERY reply in thise whole thread is wrong.

It's hip impingement, and it's called femoral anterior glide syndrome.
Look that up on youtube or on the web, and you'll find answers on how to fix it.
One of the most important things is proper glute engagement.

Stretching the hip flexors will most likely fuck up shit worse:
b-reddy.org/2012/10/08/you-shouldnt-stretch-your-hip-flexors-if-you-have-hip-pain/

>it's a hamstring tightness issue.
That's not possible in a squat.

Got that once during a back exercise. Ice and rest for a week and I was all good.

I also have this pain on the right part of my hip. All I see in this thread is a bunch of varying advice with everyone calling everyone else wrong. I don't know who to believe.

see Read up on those conditions, and read the article.
Then make up your own mind.

You have a weak core

Are all of you high on glue?

Those are your hip adductors, your Iliacus and psoas majoris and yes, they will be sore after a good squatting session.

How do you deal with it? Squat more and develop strength in those muscles. They hurt especially bad for beginners because they are most likely underdeveloped and the weakest muscle in the kinetic chain.

Those aren't the hip adductors.

The hip flexors shouldn't be sore after a good squatting session.

Don't comment if you have no idea what you're talking about.

My hip flexors were very sore when squatting yesterday and it was caused by doing a lot of foam rolling of the quads but neglecting the hips and glutes in my warmup. This meant my quads were loosey goosey and my hips weren't happy about taking up that slack when they were already tighter to begin with. Normally I'm too lazy too foam roll my quads so everything is at a pretty balanced level of tightness and squats are fine.

It basically feels like the hip flexors are putting the brakes on throughout the whole squat to maintain balance and stability. I gave up on squats and did cleans instead, which felt fine because the movement is different enough that my hips weren't putting on the brakes all the way from the top of the squat.

Point in case, yes, your hip flexors are also part of the muscles being used to squat. They are involved in the exercise and will therefore be used especially with underdeveloped adductors.

Hip flexors
Do lunges before you lift.
After you are done, do a stretch where you lunge , place you knee on the ground, and push your hips forward. You should feel a stretch in your hpper quadricep and your hip flexor.

Your hip flexors can't pick up any slack, they just do some light stabilization.

Shitty glute engagement can cause anterior hip impingement, which can cause anterior hip pain.

No, the hip flexors don't do much more than lightly stabilizing.
The TFL you've highlighted is mainly a hip abductor, the hip adductors you've highlighted don't lie anteriorly.
Once again, the hip flexors can't pick up slack from the adductor magnus, because they serve the opposite functions.
The hip flexors flex the hip, the adductor magnus extends the hip (just like the hamstrings and the glutes).

Stretch ur quads before and after squating

One of the worst things you can do if you have anterior hip pain from squats.
Hip flexors have nothing to do with the issue.

Jeff is the GOAT youtube coach.

If his word is not enough to convince you check this:

Some shit in that area cracks everytime I do leg raises. It is like 2 joints grinding together.

Is it fixable? I don't want to do knee raises all my life.

Engage your glutes lightly.

No difference.
Even with slightly bent knees.
I guess with knee raises the pelvis rotates much less and doesn't go past that spot that ((grinds)) on the way down.

Hip drahve

It's your hip flexors. Sit down on the floor and instead of sitting criss cross, put your feet together and push your knees toward the floor. It'll hurt like fuck but it's just like stretching hamstrings. Feels great after.

Have you tried going less far up?

It's not the hip flexors.

That stretch doesn't stretch the hip flexors at all.
It stretches the hip adductors.
It's not a bad stretch for squats though.

Brah I have fucking awful flexibility.

You need to put your feet wider apart.

who else /shithips/ here?

But also stretch.

Dude shut the fuck up you're so wrong it hurts. I'm sure that applies to some people but not everyone.

Dude shut the fuck up you're so wrong it hurts. I'm sure that applies to some people but not everyone.

probably because you have no dic and balls, also congrats on the 0% body fat

>also stop stretching

I sure am glad that we have such knowledgeable and qualified experts to give advice around here. God knows what would happen if OP went to an actual professional to get advice.

What I'm wondering is why I'm inclined to lean much more to one side on the squat.

i am pretty sure its not a mobility issue. i mean it might be but i am not certain which muscles that would be. i can do a full standing pike, a full couch stretch, a decent pideon pose and i walk with my feet pointed forward. i can easily do a third world squat.