Redpill me on crossfit Veeky Forums

Redpill me on crossfit Veeky Forums

Is it a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI
joshsgarage.typepad.com/Crossfit_White_Papers_--_Timeline.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a cult

i know crossfit is like cancer on fit but it is the most all around training there is, it really depends on your instructors and exercises you do
that shit on youtube where they snap their shit up is not good for the reputation
i was always aganist it but it is really good conditioning
also would not replace it for weighlifting
just my 2 cents, pls no bully

it's just training with more aesthetic involved

youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI

definitely more athletic than normal lifting

Thats not even the biggest problem. iTs that those places are run by cult leaders. Most are insanely way over the top expensive and you are forced to do their workouts only. Their are 2 ((boxes))) near me and both are 80 dollars a month. 1 has nothing but classes and the other only has 1 hour of "free workout" a day. Fuck those places.

It's stupid reddit shit for "look-at-me" extroverts.

If you need a bunch of idiots clapping and shit and "a coach" to workout, have fun. I guess it's like adult bonding bullshit or something. I walk by those Crossfit gyms and see nothing but an empty box with some rings hanging from the ceiling and a couple chin-up bars. I don't even know what you're fucking paying for really. It doesn't seem like you can just show up on your own time and do your own workout, you have to be all tied in with their bullshit schedule.

Also, tying cardio into strength training? Just fucking why? You really want to stay DYEL forever?

yeah the price is ridiculous, you can do that shit at regular gym

Yep, plus ive heard some are way more than that even. Fuck those places.

the method is very effective for overall fitness (strength + stamina) but most of the gyms and instructors are shit.
the routines are nice to do when cutting, because you can do cardio while using movements that your body is familiar with.

its bad if u only want aesthetics

its good if ur an actual athlete and want endurance.

if the coach is shit avoid, it's a franchise thats easy to buy into so it all depends on how good the coach is

The amount of unnatural exercises you do in rapid succession is fucking crazy.

It's a guaranteed visit to Snap City eventually.

I lift at a crossfit gym but I dont do crossfit

Ive been going there for like 3 years and all the regulars look the exact same for the entire time ive been going there.

Its like adult gym class, just gets people sweaty in a "group" environment where everyone kinda bonds.

There has been some individuals who took crossfit more seriously but their programming looked nothing like the classes. These are also the kinds of people who are the most cultish into crossfit desu.

Overall if your too dumb to figure out how to workout on your own and you don't mind paying lots of money then go for it.

The issue with crossfit too is if you want to pay the low end on the spectrum for a membership its still like $120 a month for your run of the mill shitty gym. If you actually want to workout with the coaches who take it seriously (ie. competitive crossfit) get ready to pay $300 a month memberships

Crossfit is bad as a concept. Two simple reasons: their method is not good and prone to many injuries and the community is cult-like.

I'll explain further. The method is bad because it mixes compound heavy movements and weightlifting explosive and dangerous moves with timed competition. When you are weightlifting or doing classic compounds you need to focus completely on the rep. It's not about speed, but, rather, strength, tightness and technique. Crossfit encourages people to do these moves to failure, while being timed, to a very very high number of reps. Not only that, the unexperienced trainers (the classes are in a weekend, you can't learn the proper technique without time and dedication) don't teach proper form and incentive the students to go as hard as they can.

And then there's the culture. It's all about reps and speed and how many times you can do the "circuit". They also don't care about form or know anything about core tightness and bracing. Not only that, exhaustion and fatigue are not taken seriously, and, again, more shit form and lacking strength to properly pull shit. It's a bad system, you need to focus on each and every rep when you do what Crossfit wants you to do.

It's a cult for people who will get hurt eventually. They drag you in with the marketing and make you stay with the community up until you can't walk anymore and is forever compromised.

Crossfit is the future

Good way to pick up crazy single moms

Crossfit is a place for already in shape guys to go and slay pussy.

If you want to get in shape for Crossfit, don't do their workouts. Instead, do Starting Strength with weighted push-ups instead of bench, running on off days, and alternating high rep pull-ups and chin-ups.

It's good, it's just overpriced and you're basically just paying to be able to tell everyone you do CrossFit.

It's the Apple/Team Valour of lifting.

Crossfit gets a lot of shit because not only is it obscenely expensive, not only are most coaches terrible, not only are most of their workouts a one way trip to snap city, but because it's a cult that trains for mediocrity across every spectrum of fitness and then acts as though that cumulative mediocrity makes them elite athletes or Navy SEALs.

-You wanna get strong? Do powerlifting.
-You wanna get aesthetic? Do bodybuilding.
-You wanna be a better weightlifter? Do olympic lifting with an actual coach.
-You wanna build endurance? Train for a marathon, half marathon, triathlon, etc.
-You wanna get better at a sport? Play that sport.

-You wanna reach a mediocre level of all of those things while paying through the nose and running the gamut of every injury you pretty much can get? Do crossfit.

Yes. It's literally a meme in the sense that it's a bunch of barely-connected gyms that all pay a fee to use the same trademarks in their marketing materials so they all get the benefit of better mindshare.

Each CF gym is different and range from the excellent to overpriced injury factories. The only thing seeing the name CF tells you is that they're kicking money back to headquarters for the marketing and nothing else.

Pretty good post user

joshsgarage.typepad.com/Crossfit_White_Papers_--_Timeline.html

>The facilities are nice
>The programs are beyond meme tier
>The facilities, while very well equipped, are overpriced
>Generally the best gyms will give you an easier access to good roids [I know this from people who train in Toronto and compete in regionals]
>The inordinate amount of pushing to pulls is unholy
>Some people who do crossfit are shitty, some are good, like in all gym subcultures

Overpriced as fuck
Basically ANYONE can be a crossfit coach
Doing max reps on complex lifts for time is a first class express ticket to snap city
Cult like mentality
You can literally find all the routines online for free and do them at any gym.

Your way is the opposite end of the spectrum. It is absolutely possible to be strong and aesthetic.

How would you do it?

I dont understand it. It's like circuit training, but expensive? I understand when people want to get cardiovascular and strength gains at the same time, but why not lift responsibly and save the cardio until after training instead of doing three-four different exercises in a row which will result in terrible form?
Workout of the day, btw: 50 burpees, do a pull up every third burpee. Cheapest crossfit ever