How the fuck do you faggots activate your pecs?

I only feel them on push ups, dips, and decline bench.

Never on flat, incline, or even flies.

What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/how-to-bench/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go heavier on flies. Srs. Also do cables, not machines or free weights. Feel the stretch.

Also
>benching today
>185x6
>new pr, feel fucking amazing
>look to my right
>2 benches down, dude blasts out 365 for 7 reps
Fuck bro.

>Never on flat
fix your form then, I was the same
strengtheory.com/how-to-bench/

I got a pretty sweet home gym but no cables.

Is doing bp on flat and sometimes incline db press enought stimulus to substantial growth?

>dips
Lean into them, really feel the stretch. You should be leaning forward and really activating your chest when you push up. Feel the stretch as you come down. I fucking love dips, best chest pump imo.

This. Also DB bench, twist / semi supinate and bring the weights together, squeezing your pecs.

Pic related

i dont feel them on flat and incline either, i always get a good pump though and theyre growing so i dont care t b h

Retract shoulders. Do not do what you think is a full ROM, do what actually is a full ROM for pecs.

If you focus on moving the bar through space, you'll activate more muscles, but the shit that's laggin will do the least work.

eat activated almonds

whats activated? you mean roast them?

>Also DB bench, twist / semi supinate and bring the weights together, squeezing your pecs.
If he's built like me, he'll fuck up his shoulders, while trying to get a proper stretch and then still not activate shit.

It's important to know the leverage that's unique to you and use that against lagging muscles.
That ofcourse means actually, conciously trying every thing you can, until you find what works.

Cable flies, cross your arms. Did this for the first time last session and unironically got mild DOMS.

soak them in water, so they start to sprout, converting some of the carbs and fat into more protein.

don't fucking do this shit it's a retarded meme

Your pectoralis major upper tendon/muscle is weak since it actives the most on flat, incline, and even flies. I'd recommed doing some overhead press with a bar it really actives the upper chest.
T. physiotherapist

You'll get to the 365 for 7, bro
I always like to reflect on the time I was excited because I hit benched 70lb DBs for 2 reps.
Today, I use that weight to warm up

Don't go heavier on flies, that's the worst fucking advice you can give. No wonder you only bench 185x6.

If anything go lighter on flies and go all the way down until you feel the stretch in your chest. Come up in slow motion and squeeze at the top. Play around with your hand positioning as well

How the fuck do I get my pecs to look like that?
Mine just look kind of pointy.

Just work Arms/Shoulders really hard while still training incline chest. Trust me we're all gon make it brah, thats it.

That's not how you activate almonds you fucking retard, you need an almond activator.

Ummmmmmmm if you aren't able to activate them on flies you are sraight up doing them wrong. Pecs should be the only, THE ONLY muscle activated during flies.

One thing that helps me is don't tuck you're chin in.

Keep your chin up, bring the bar down (all the way down) slow to feel the stretch and explode up.

You'll also feel them more with higher rep sets than lower. Not that they're getting worked harder, you'll just feel them better which helps for your mind to muscle connection.

How tf do you develop these parts of the pecs? All my chest lifts are getting stronger but I just can't grow these areas.
Does it come with age? I'm 19.

For me I squeeze the bar and force my hands in so my hands don't actually move while doing it and I feel it in my chest since one of the functions of the chest is bringing your hands across the body. Also make sure your shoulders are properly retracted. If that fails then do dumbbells.

those come with size also you have mild gyno

how long liftan?

a little over a year of serious lifting. natty so i don't know why i'd have gyno

>so i don't know why i'd have gyno
you don't need to tell me you're natty friend... haha!

but I have mild gyno like you as well and also natty, it has nothin to do with roids, it's where you have so much testosterone that some converts to estrogen

or you could just have high estrogen, but I'm that first theory since I'm an alpha male

thats how your muscles are shaped. you wont fix the gap.

ah, didn't know that. Anyway. Will close grip chest exercises help build those areas?

I used to be able to do a lot of dips but now when I do them, I get a really sharp pain in the middle of my chest. Any ideas for that? Ive pretty much cut dips out entirely because of it.

He hasn't got mild gyno, fucking hell people are retards on this board..

I had that, took a break from dips for about a month, still did bench etc. Started dips again and it never came back (been about a year)

Okay. It's been a little over a month since I've tried so maybe I'm good to go. Thanks

please dont take his words seriously.

you need a slight arch and retracted scapula, push your chest towards the bar on the descent

Even on cable flies?

Incline Dumbbell press. Slow down. Don't think about pushing the weight, but rather about straightening out your upper arms.

>mild gyno
>literally the most normal chest in man kind

Jesus christ you guys have gotten trolled hard to the gyno meme. Gyno is really fucking rare occurence, it really is.

This guy doesn't have gyno even in the slightest form but even the "most serious" cases here are usually just high bodyfat and no chest muscles.

No, how to activate LATS ??

put a 10 lb plate on chest. bring bar down and rest it on the plate for a second. GG you now feel your chest.

Even better same setup just bring the bar barely above the plate and hold it there for a second.

TLDR GO DEEP MAHNE

listen to this, op. flies are possibly the dumbest exercise to go heavy on.

I have to read 94 pages? Did it help?

>it's where you have so much testosterone that some converts to estrogen
oh my goodness please tell me more

I struggled for ages with that until I did like 50-100 pull ups a day (in sets of 1 or 2 whenever I passed my pull up bar). Needless to say I got a fucking shit ton of form practice.

You can target the lower portion by doing decline or flat. But no matter what you do you will never fill the gap. This is coming from someone with a noticeable chest gap. Kind of sucks though because my chest is relatively my strongest muscle.

This makes mustard gas dont't do it

Should I be able to bench 225 after a year of lifting? It's been 13 months and I feel kinda shitty about my 205x1 max

>giving advice for pec building
>benching less than 100kg
wat

shit advice from a guy with shit lifts. disregard completely.

Use the pec activator dumbass it's what it's there for jesus christ.

well, if you started at 50kg and were to bench 100kg (225) at the end of the year, that's a kilo (2 pounds) every week, provided you increase once a week.

i'd say that's bad progress but i am not one for sticking to projected progress. shit gets in the way. still, your progress has probably been bad. ask yourself if the following is (actually) in check:

>diet
>protein
>sleep
>hydration
>above all, consistency

if you can honestly answer that all of these are in check, you have a programming issue.

>feel the stretch
anyone who says this in a strength training context should be publicly hung

You've already been more than shit on, and for good reason, but I would just like to pile on.

>feel the stretch
But that's wrong you faggot. It's the contraction that makes the blood rush to pecs, not the fucking stretch. By only going for the stretch, you're involving your shoulders way more.
>neglecting pec dec
>neglecting free weights
>neglecting gains
But it's not surprising you have no idea what you're talking about considering you bench babby weight.

>185x6
>This is the average Veeky Forums poster giving you advice.

i give advice and im 155x3, shows what you know faggot

If pecs were the only nuscle activated then the arms would go limp and fall down you cuntrag

ur either like 110 lbs or someshit if 185 X 6 "activates " your "pecs"