1st year of lifting, what to focus on

In march i´m ´celebrating´ 1 year lifting, need some tips on where to focus on. I´m thinking chest since i´ve seen chickens have more muscular chest than i have. And yes, the poses are terrible. Any advice?

PS: no i don't skip legday, they're already quite in proportion.

Thanks

if this really is you OP, what the fuck, did you just do curls every day and call it enough?
after a year, you're supposed to have a lot more to show for than that, i had more than this in a roughly 2.5 month progress what the fuck

You need to eat more food my man

and please shave that fucking chest hair chadkins

Haha, well you didn't see where i started from, no pics unfortunately.

how much did your weights change in one year?

ohp/bench/squat/dl in that order

nothing much to celebrate really

Come back after another year

You guys really help motivating, so nice of you.

post progress on lifts

im really curious how far one years progress was for you without eating

OP no offense but others here are right, you should have more to show for a year's work.

There is a problem with your dieting or training, or both

If you want to look bigger, work on your lats, tris and delts as I feel you are lacking in these muscles.
The thing is once you work these muscles everything around tends to bulk up along with them.
Just my 2c

OP don't listen to all these cringy haters.

Just keep it going, we don't know where you started from, we don't know your workouts and diet so i don't get how we can judge you as a lifter.

So just keep it going and gratz for your first year of doing something that you are liking and improves yourself, never give up.

Obviously it is also true that you have to make some changes if you want better results, probably you are a slow gainer.

Can you tell us your routines and diet of this first year?

Well in the beginning i only trained twice a week, after about 3 months i'd say 2-4 times, then 1,5 month of rest due to injury (stil plagues me), now since beginning of december i'm hitting it 4-6 times a week. Obviously i'm an ectomorph, so it's quite hard to get gains. I try to eat like 1,5 - 2g of protein per kg of mass, went from 73kg to 77kg now.

I always warm up with 10-20 minutes cardio (treadmil), then i have chest-tri, bicep-back, legday, shoulder/extra abs/extra cardio, and every day i end doing abs, workout usually takes between 90 and 120 minutes.

well to a total n00b like me. First of all you seem training to much. 6 days a week oviously not geared is useless if you train hard and well cuz your muscles are not recovering properly.

Secondly don't do cardio before weight lifting. It's useless and gets energy away from you.

Except proteins, hows your diet? what are you eating on a daily basis?

why do you think you are entitled to an entire thread with this progress, why not just post in cbt?

>ectomorph
>chest-tri, bicep-back, legday, shoulder/extra abs/extra cardio
Jesus fucking christ you are retarded. Read the fucking sticky you fucking faggot.

Because... I am

Your point bein? Would you like some salt with that?

You look and sound like you have done absolutely zero research about training and nutrition and just went to the gym one day and started doing whatever looked cool.

How tall are you?
What are your goals?
What is your routine like (in detail. What exercises, reps and sets do you do)
What is your strength level (i.e. how much do you lift on the main barbell compound exercises, Overhead Press, Bench Press, Back Squat, Deadlift)

This isn't a softheaded hug box. Go to Reddit if you want emotional validation > the hard truth. Those anons were right. Your progress is very slow so eat more, train harder, shave your chest and get a tan for godsake. You look like a cadaver.

You would look a lot better if you had a tan

>Because... I am

But you're nothing

>slow gainer
>ectomorph
>4kg in a year
>not counting calories as a skelly

Am I being baited?

>where to focus on
Seriously, focus on your diet. You'll see much better results if you eat well.

4kg a year is actually fucking insane. I know some people atleast claim to make crazy babby gains and that progress isn't linear.

I'm obviously talking about 4kg being LMM.

Even 5lbs of pure muscle a year is fucking insanity if you have trained ~3 years.

This is the best point anyone can make. I personally started at literal 58kg bodyweight.

I'm now 76kg and only slightly more bodyfat so I'm pretty confident in saying I've gained around 15kg of lean muscle mass. That is 33lbs of pure muscle.

But here I would be called skelly by some dude with 1 year of lifting experience with 25% bodyfat and fatceps.

What are you talking about? 4kg in a year as a noob (even if it's lbm) is fucking nothing

you can't be serious
i started at 58 kilograms and in 5 months i was 73, now i cut down to 67

OP, post your routine.

congratulations! you just became fat

i didn't, i have visible abs

Protip: You can add weight to the bar to make it harder

Lats, lats, chest and lats.

Also some core and traps.

from 73 to 77 in a year,lol
I did more in 10 months

Great progress, but all the before lifts are retarded. No way a 72kg man can be so weak.

nice

I'm the guy who posted the progress pic of 1 year but I didn't see this post. Few things you're doing wrong

>since beginning of december i'm hitting it 4-6 times a week
This is fine if you're aiming for more cardio but if aesthetics and/or strength are your goal then you should be training a max of 4x per week as less doesn't give you good time to recover. The exception is if you're doing a full body workout with deload days, but that's complicated for someone like you who doesn't know very much yet.

>Obviously i'm an ectomorph
This is a hated meme on Veeky Forums because there's no evidence to suggest it's a real thing. It's literally a group of words used to describe something outside of fitness that bloggers have adopted to mean someone who doesn't gain muscle as fast as others, again, no evidence here.

>went from 73kg to 77kg now.
Others are shitting on you for this with some good cause- it's not very much gain for 1 year. I put on 13kg and I've made plenty of mistakes. While I would say that's not ridiculously low, it's definitely the number one reason you're not gaining much.

>I always warm up with 10-20 minutes cardio (treadmil)
Simply putting this after your strength training will increase your gains. Purely out of morbid interest, why are you doing it first?

>workout usually takes between 90 and 120 minutes
I'm at 1 year and 2 months of training and I'm now putting in around 120 minutes, but you're where I was 6-7 months ago and should be aiming for 60 minutes or less. Anything more isn't focusing on strength/gains at your level.

People are shitting on you because you're making easily fixable mistakes and getting shitty results.

Despite that, you're making progress, so if it works for you continue, but don't post a progress thread and expect anything other than what you got when your results are lacklustre.

Fair comment. Before lifts are from memory and the reason deadlift was so low was because my back is dogshit, and still is

What's up with your DL, have you had injuries?

>Ectomorph

>squats 150x5
>dl 125x3
Stop half squatting

I started as a clueless idiot who'd never been in a gym nor read Veeky Forums etc and thus didn't have a routine, I added lifts as I discovered them and basically fucked around a lot.

I tried the deadlift literally once, a month into lifting, but only started deadlifting 3 months ago whereas I started squatting around 10 months ago.

Being a manlet also helps.

Always below parallel, I put it down to being Scottish and thus genetically designed to squat.

Its not u retard. That would be 20kg in 5 years or even way more since u said its "nothing".

Imagine going from 70kg to 90-95kg pure muscle. Lol. Fucking idiot Scott Herman is 77kg and people scream roids at him.

well then show those legs, brah

>no homo now means yes homo, so yes homo = no homo

yes homo

are you baiting?

Not him but LBM gains and strength are absolutely not linear. 4kg in one year does not == 20kg in 5 years.

Also 4kg gain in 1 year is mediocre at best. The predominant reason OP is gaining so little is diet and poor training.

>ectomorph
Not this again.

HAHAHAHAHA NATTY LIFTING IS THE BIGGEST MEME OUT THERE!

>natty cucks crying about "muh motivation" as if they'll ever get anywhere with it
pin to win boyo