Are stomach vacs a meme or do that actually work?

Are stomach vacs a meme or do that actually work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I8aJxYtH4ts
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11726260
youtube.com/watch?v=7nxoMYMX4Vg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1d3gcg5iNY4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh my god who the fuck drew that?

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

This guy did vacuums every day for a year. See for yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=I8aJxYtH4ts

kek

>Are stomach vacs a meme or do that actually work?

No they work well keeping your stomach flat when you do a lot of ab work and muscles might make you bulge.

Even if you're fat, it still helps.

They're hard and painful for the first few weeks, but it makes a difference.

pure meme

> The vacuum exercise resulted in moderate levels of external oblique EMG activity but very low levels of activity in the rectus abdominis
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11726260

They are not a meme, they are an important step in developing your core

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11726260
vacuums work the transverse abdominis you double nigger, not the abs.

if you do them right you can actually stimulate your own prostate after a while

they're a complete fucking meme, you're not going to put nearly enough stimulus on your abs doing that. If you actually want to work them do planks or ab wheels, if you want to pretend to work on them do vacuums. By the same logic you could increase muscle size of any muscle by just flexing really hard.

shit like this is the most retarded broscience I've seen, unless he literally only did that and did no other form of ab work, and stayed the same bodyfat level. He literally just got better at doing vacuums.

The point of stomach vacuums isn't to work your outer abs you fucking retard.

what is the point then?
i honestly just want to know, i can't find any useful info about them

unfortunately they encourage a dysfunctional way of breathing, which can lead to serious injury on heavy lifts.

hypertrophy isn't a good thing for all muscles.

Just do them and find out,

Fucking google it you you fat lazy piece of shit

Many people have reported great results with stomach vacuums, the point of them btw, is to help with the gut sticking out to get a flat stomach.. that + low body fat give you good looking abs.

Gonna need a source on that mate

there's a band of muscle that goes under your outer and inner obliques and and attaches pelviss to ribs, and it runs front to back instead of up and down like the rest of your stomach muscles, it is involved in many functions from breathing to walking and moving around, it is quite literally your core. Vacuums work that muscle directly, as do planks and a few other less well known exercises, and that is their primary purpose.

the net benefit of it that you will shrink your waist as this muscle gets stronger, as it will pull your muscles tighter toward the spine, and you can do those crazy looking vacuum poses
>pic related

there's a guy that's been doing them for ages, has a website, he can do some sick shit with his waistline

Look it up yourself or don't believe me, I don't care.

>rectus abdominis
lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

do you even anatomy faggot?

>you can actually stimulate your own prostate after a while
I took a deep breath and I jizzed. in. my. pants.

Would it be possible to get so good at stomach vacuums that you could crush your ribcage and heart, so hard that you die? Like in case you get kidnapped by ISIS or something, so you can kill yourself without using your hands.

hahaha

Well at least it's good to know that you're completely full of shit

I said, look it up or don't believe me.
Not call me a piece of shit.

Maybe try looking it up for yourself, mate.

>making a bold claim
>"y-you should try looking yourself before calling me a fag" after being asked to provide some proofs
Thats not how this south-eastern housewives gathering works famalam, you are the one to provide proof or you'll get called a faggot.

>type a huge wall of text claiming how vacuums are a meme
>reveal yourself not to have a single clue what you're talking about in your next post

Never change Veeky Forums

what do u do for hands?

literally frightening to watch
fuck that shit

its far more than a deep breath, its a full force muscular contraction you hold as long as possible for reps

>AHAHAHAHAHAH

imho they give you the right idea on how to keep abs when training them, so you dont get to look like a nigger kid from those disclaimers about congo hunger

that requires to use pelvis floor, has no relation with abs nigger

They made my orgasms better

so there's that I guess

everything in the pelvis relates to the transverse abs. they are the secret key to true understanding of the body, motion and force expression

it is terrifying to look at. it feels like I am watching aliens or some shit.

>do that actually work?

I can confirm that they helped trim my waistline and prevent me from shitting my pants when I need to take a shit super bad

WHAT THE FUKC

What's that film where someone intentionally breaks their own neck by turning their head really hard?

this fucking killed me wtf

IT IS MOTHER FUCKIN VACUUM TIME GOD DAMN IT
FIFTEEN SECONDS HOLD THAT SHIT
SHOOP
AH
THAT SHIT BURNS GOD DAMN IT

How tall is that guy?

why is everyone spouting memes here

the point behind vacuums were always to make your waist smaller, not to work the abs. Just look at why the bodybuilders from arnolds era did them

Why the fuck would you do them unless you're competing? What the fuck's the point?

HOW DO I GET HAND GAINS LIKE THAT????

You should check this shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=7nxoMYMX4Vg

if you don't fucking know what the point of something is, don't call it a meme

god
fucking
damnit

burden of proof.

“Death Looking into the Window of One Dying”, ca.1900, Jaroslav Panuška

His chest tattoo reads 43"0 so...

No fucking idea what stomach vacs are but this guy says breathing exercises are important. m.youtube.com/watch?v=1d3gcg5iNY4

I've tried breathing exercises and noticed a significant difference in my cardio. There's some relaxing meditative effects too. A lot of it is the same, tai chi breathing, yoga breathing, that bas rutted o2 trainer thing... restrict the breath coming in either by breathing in through the nose or through some valve or single nostril or whatever and exhale easily through the mouth or the open valve. And actually breath with your stomach and not your chest.

While doing cardio I can lower my heart rate 10 to 15 bpms without stopping by doing some breath exercises. In general I breath much easier during cardio too.

Now that's belly dancing!

You were the one making a claim faget

Makes your gut belly stick out less

thanks

Lmao dumbass deleted his comments

>when a grill walks by your bench and you suck in your powerlifting gut like