He fell for the "cardio is a meme" meme

>he fell for the "cardio is a meme" meme
>he struggles to walk my up a flight of stairs without getting winded

Laugh my fucking ass off

Do people actually believe that cardio is a meme?
I mean, there are times I've neglected cardio and haven't done it as much as I should, for sure, but even then I recognized that I should be doing more. I just sort of assumed that the lads just choose not to do it because they hate it, not because they think it's unimportant or would steal your gains or something.

Can we turn this into a general cardio thread? Just finished week 5 day three of couch to 5k, what a huge difficulty spike man. Go from running 8 minutes walking 5 and running 8 to running 20 minutes straight I barely finished it.

I just signed up for a 10k that is 6 weeks from now. I weigh like 185, 5' 11", and used to be in good shape but gained 30 pounds after being a lazy shit and drinking all the time.

How should I go about training?

>he fell for the ""cardio is a meme" meme" meme
kys op

>falling for the """cardio is a meme" is a meme" is a meme" meme

I'm underweight. I'm only skipping cardio because I need to gain weight, and I have a hard time getting a calorie surplus. I will do cardio every day once I reach my goal of gaining 20 lbs.

what speed do you do this on?

I thought the same thing. I just did my second to last 30 minute run on C25k. Do you run on a treadmill or outside?

>stopping to walk while "running"
what is this shit?

Just following the program, It gets you to running 30 minutes nonstop.
Treadmill man. Would like to do it outside but I'm anxious about finding a running route where I live.
I ran it a 6mph on treadmill.

Week 2 day 3 here, my breath is ok but my calves getting sore near halfway. I assume it's the muscles that need to adapt, it get better after some stretching

>6mph
>for 20 minutes
>hard

jesus fucking christ

Yea when I first started might right leg kept hurting like crazy, it went away though. Funny thing is I have a metal plate in my left leg from when I broke it in 3 places a couple of years ago but that leg has been completely fine the whole program.

Dude treadmills are bullshit easy compared to running outside, stop pussying around and go out and actually challenge yourself.

Well that's like your opinion man. For someone who is literally going from no cardio at all to 20 minutes non stop in 5 weeks I feel pretty good about my progress.

Once I get to 30 minutes non stop I'm going to start adding incline, read somewhere that about a 1% incline is comparable to running outside.

There's a reason hand rails exist and why dips are top tier exercises. Fuck walking up stairs

tfw you can barely run a mile at 6.5 mph

That's because you need to run for 9 minutes. It doesn't accumulate on it own retard

I did couch to 5k, after abother week or two 20 minutes seems like a breeze

So curious, is the general consensus on Veeky Forums that C25K shouldn't be done on treadmill? Sure it's a bit easier but it's much more convenient and I still feel like I'm getting a good work out. Plus a lot of people do it on treadmill.

I think the general consensus is that you shouldn't need a fucking 5 week program to run a slow 5k.

Treadmills are easy which is why I always run at an incline of at least 5 or 6. Not as easy when you're running uphill for 20-30 minutes

Haha joke's on you. I don't actually lift. I only do cardio. Trolled you hard Veeky Forums

>tfw you have post surgery nerve damage and will never run again
>stuck on crosstrainer
>Surrounded by fatties who could run but don't
>Jelly of paralympians with their blade legs running around

is there any point in doing cardio if my hr is at around 40 when resting?

Unless you're an athlete you should go to the doctor, that's too low.