Teach me how to lift a thousand pounds, Veeky Forums

Teach me how to lift a thousand pounds, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CyLgClmzTYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1. Pick it up

1. Genetics in the 1%
2. Find a top tier coach
3. Eat like a mountain
4. Take juice
5. Have the drive of a f1

Also don't expect to live past 50, unless you're vegan.

>double overhand grip

>straps

>still

His grip is insane, but the straps are quite helpful.

A journey of a thousand pounds begins with one:

Day one: 1 lb
Day two: 2 lbs
Day one thousand: 1,000 lbs

Lift one rep every day for the day's weight. Add warm up work as nessisary.

The key here is to keep from going to failure so your body doesn't notice the subtle increase in weight.

Have to agree with this chap here.

I've been doing this since the day I was born and can currently deadlift 10,747 lbs

Think dark thoughts

This would actually work if you're taller than 6' and gained like 1lb of bodyweight every 5 days.

Serious question:

How many people have actually managed to deadlift a thousand pounds? Most of the elite strongmen seem to plateau at around 400-420 kg.

what is that big black spot on the right side of his stomach?

also mirin beltless

Be a cunt piece of shit

Can someone explain to me why people choose mixed grip over overhand? What advantage is there? All I know is that mixed grip puts you at more risk of bicep tear.

They can lift a little more with mixed so they do that retarded shit to boost their pathetic little girl egos

It prevents the bar from rolling out of your hand. If you pull heavy weights, your grip is likely the weakest link.

Eddie Hall and Benedikt Magnusson

>1% genetics
So you actually think 1 of every 100 men could lift a thoussnd pounds if he is good trained, in juice etc? Are you retarded?
Eddie is 0.0000001% genetics.

Also
>implying a vegan could lift a thousand

The bar rolls out of your hands with overhand grip. You won't tear your bicep with a mixed grip if your arms are straight, your back isn't rounded and you don't hitch it up your thights

no it wouldn't

mechanically superior for holding onto a bar

bicep tear is a meme, the reason people get bicep tears from mixed grip is lifting with elbow flexion (never do this on a deadlift) and from doing dumb shit like alternating their mixed grip every rep or every set, or doing all their warmups DOH and then switching to mixed for their top set (slightly different motor pattern on mixed)

youtube.com/watch?v=CyLgClmzTYU

video by Mike Tuscherer, world class PLer and coach

I really wonder how many people have the raw genetics to get to that level - we would see a lot more 1000lb deadlifts if strongman paid like the NFL, I bet

Your posterior chain will quickly outpace your grip so the mixed grip lets you hold more weight to account for that. Hook grip also works but it absolutely fucks the skin on your thumb if you use it for reps.

Bolton
Eddie
Benni
Pritchett
Shaw

I think that's it?

Once you get used to it hook is easier than switch, IMO

Has Shaw managed a proper thousand pounds?

On the rogue spaghetti bar

Dunno if he's pulled it on a DL bar or not