QTDDTOT

Old thread: What's the best way to overcome shitty genetics for a certain muscle group? My shoulders, back, and legs are all strong as fuck but my chest and abs are comparatively weak.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dMFCKhmcKtI#t=24m33s
iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

add extra burnout sets at the end of the day you train them.

eat more, sleep more

do PPL

also chest and abs look shite at high bodyfat so... lose weight?

Can I eat fruits while cutting? Apples and pears especially

Does anyone have the screenshot of some Veeky Forums bro taking pictures of a girl doing deficit deadlifts in the smith machine?

He's getting extremely close and everyone says she probably knows he's taking pics.

Often featured in YLYL threads.

5'9" 130lb skelly here. Trying to make some self improvements to help get myself out of the rut I'm stuck in, and one of the things I want to do is get my body fat down, but put on enough muscle to get me up to about 145lb. What kind of diet and exercise routine would I need to achieve a similar build to Afro Samurai?

Yes, but don't over do it.

Specialize in training them.
try to hit them first in your workout and find out, which excercises work best for you.
also this guy
some shitty bro split and Protein+IF

Had surgery recently and wont be able to lift for atleast a month. Should I up my protein intake if this is the case and should I eat at maintenance for the time being?

My bench is stuck at 190 3X5 i have switched too ppl 2 weeks ago after doing full body 3 times a weak. I really like this new routine and i have been doing higher reps. all my other lifts are doing good. will switching to dumbbells help me break the platue. Also how to i incorperate some sort of periodization into ppl im in a rut right now

Does the number of reps actually matter? Surely failure is failure; your muscles can't count.

What's a good website or formula to calculate body fat % with tape measurements? I don't have a caliper.
I tried some that come up in Google but they give me 10-12 bf%, which is clearly bullshit because I'm skinnyfat.

Stay on maintaince and try to do something.

A switch can help, but what s your problem right know with the Bench Press?

For perodization plans ask google ("coach, you agree with" perodization plan)

Yes it does.
Also the weight matters ant the weight defines the number of possible reps.

also the failure can be different kinds.

What are the benefits and disadvantages of a Bro Split - specifically when compared to a PPL routine?

PPL seems much more convenient and some sources say it's even more effective.

Bro Splits are straight up inferior to a PPL in every way. PPL hits every group twice a week where bro splits generally hit them once

rec a good PPL?

How do you measure poop? So you can subtract the calories from your daily intake

What you think of this Arms + Shoulders Day (Saturday)?

The rest of routine is the TM hypertrophy routine from Rippetoe's PPST,

Personally I think you'd do better benching 3x a week with a varying rep scheme a la greg nuckols's 28 free programs.
Also if you want to be better at a movement pattern, especially one that you've been doing for relatively few repetitions why would you switch to a different movement pattern?

Does chewing mastic gum actually make a difference in facial aesthetics? If so how big of a difference does it make?

Anyone's fingers thickened from lifting? I paint miniatures for shows and Ive noticed my fingers have gotten more thicker and less nimble as I need them to be. Is this normal?

Anyone else feel like their dick has more girth during nofap? Why is this?

Fattie here, on my first week of calorie counting/restricted calories.

I'm at my calorie limit for the day but I know if i stay up any longer the cravings will kick in, do you just go to bed?

What the difference in kroc rows and DB rows?
I know krocs are supposed to be higher rep, like 15-20 range and with the heaviest weight you can, but is there any other difference?

Kroc rows are a sort of DB row. Difference is kroc rows use a fair bit of body movement to get the weight up.

yeah, i knew there was a bit of body english in krocs but i wasnt sure if that was more or less the defining feature, guess so

How come bench pressing with a back arch is encouraged and (I assume) safe, but doing pretty much anything else with anything but a neutral spine is snap city?

Because the load never goes through your spine. It's transferred through your shoulders into the bench.

How do I talk to this one girl I like?

Seen people in a olympic weight room today cleaning and pressing?? With an extremely wide grip. Arms where almost touching plates on both sides of barbells. What is this? I am not familiar with oly lifts.

Can I get a rundown on some effective back exercises/training videos? I'm doing mainly dumbbell rows and t-bar rows, but I want some other stuff to mix in. Also does anybody know a good guide for setting up dumbbell rows out of the rack, not on the bench?

does "reaching 1/2/3/4" mean for 1 rep?

just be yourself

keto?
carb cycling?
memes?

What should I do to lose weight quickest easiest.

How's this as a typical meal day plan for me? I would drink the "Smoothie" shake between breakfast and lunch, and then the "Snake" protein drink between lunch and dinner. Stands at 47% protein, 30% carb, and 23% fat.

6'4, 225lb, 24
Looking to lose weight. Doing cardio and starting to lift.

Water, sleep, Low carbs/fat (depends on our type)

I like keto + IF

But the best bet is water protein vegetables

Thnk about all the regert you will build up, if you don't

Also she's human, too. (i hope )
She has fears and imperfections as you and I

are tangerines vegetables

deload.

best lift tracking app?

People say not to do dumbbells for things like bench press because you can only increase in increments of 10lbs total (5 per db).

Can't I just emulate smaller overloading by not necessarily increasing EVERY set? For example, instead of just attempting to jump from 55dbs to 60 dbs on all 3 working sets, I only increase the last set to 60 dbs, so I'm doing 50/50/60. And then the next bench session, I do 50/60/60. And so forth

My current work schedule has it so that I can only workout on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
Currently on Monday and Wednesday I'm doing
Bench 5x5
Squat 5x5
Row 5x5 or Deadlift 4x4 with 1x2
BUNCH OF ACCESSORIES

Tuesday I run for thirty minutes.

Should I do half a PPL routine or something? I'm not sure.

up your rep count. when you can do a certain amount, increase weight.

sometimes i hit my dick when i do power cleans. is this a problem?

Is keto a meme or is it worth doing?

looks good numbers wise, but sounds like a kinda miserable existence. Unless you really are good at just eating for nutrition, and don't care about eating hearty meals. If you can keep it up, good for you.

Feel like your calories might be a little lower than neccisary, but if it works for you and you don't lose all your gains.

also I'm 6'4, 245, 29. And I love eating too much to cut that hard, I'm at about 2,200, losing about 2 lbs a week.

when benching, where should the bar be coming to on my chest?
i'm fairly tall(6'3") and benching frequently feels kind of awkward as when i'm comfortable by head is off the bench, so i feel like i'm doing something wrong.

How to deal with the mid cut misery? Fuck I just feel depressed and want to start putting up numbers on my lifts again

how can i vibrate higher?

So I've been doing SS for a while and I want to change my routine. I've found a routine I want to move on to but how do you guys go about learning 8 new exercises in total the first week? How do I know if I'll have proper form

anyone know how to make this stuff a little bit less harshly sweet when using it?
got it at costco for cheap, tried it tonight and holy fuck, its obscenely sweet, 300 Ml skim milk and 1 scoop of it.
it tastes good but its so sweet its tough to get through

Somewhere between the nipples and the bottom of your sternum. Depends a bit on grip width and proportions.

All I want is to be lean and strong. Can I accomplish this following pure strength training routines?

Does meditation work? Wanting to get those mental gainz/improve my mental health along with my physical gainz/health.

Is it normal that I lose flexibility after doing squats?

Bump

as long as you eat right

Thanks

Can you get the same or similar results doing DB deadlifts instead of barbell deads?

Doing regular deadlifts with a barbell always manages to hurt my lower back, no matter what form variations i try

However doing them with dumbbells is the complete opposite, it feels great and like it actually fixes my back. So are they a decent replacement or a waste of time?

How many times per week should I do HIIT? In general. 2x? Just for general heart health

gf got a bit chubby and wants to cut. what program should she do?

Anyone here has gotten a bigger neck through training?
I wanna get that broad neck look but I don't know whether to do neck flexions or lateral neck flexions.

The one where she eats less.
God you children are fucking helpless.

>go back to working out after a 3-month break
>back (which was always squaky clean before) gets covered in very noticeable acne the next day
>a med student I know said it's hormonal
>I never roided in my life
Wat do?

I may have a hernia near my appendix.
My dad reckons its because I'm lifting too much weight but my form has been good for all my lifts...

She already does, friend. She has been doing SL but it seems kind of pointless to do while on a cut. I want her to maintain as much muscle mass as possible, but 5x5 seems not ideal.

I am cutting but clothes are getting tighter despite losing weight, its a 500 calories deficit yet my chest is growing and delts. I am also on TRT so am I gaining muscle while losing fat ?
lifting 6 days/week at 2000 calories 5'7 174 pounds

I've been doing SS a few months and I've just hit intermediate-tier according to strengthstandards.co

Just checking out this vid:
youtu.be/dMFCKhmcKtI#t=24m33s
and basically they say that when a male lifter does a 5RM, he'll genuinely use all his energy and is done for the day, but if a female does it, then even though she's genuinely giving it everything in that moment, she'll be able to keep going after a short rest because females generally just can't physically spend everything at once.
And for this reason, they say a lot of the times women are encouraged to do 5x3 instead of 3x5.

This makes a lot of sense to me as a btwgrill; my last few reps of pretty much any set/lift are really becoming struggle street, and desu before even hearing about this I was kinda sneaking extra sets in naturally when my OHP was stalling anyway. So I'm thinking of switching to 5x3.
But then I realise, fuck man, 5 sets? That's a lot of rests. So I'm wondering, would I technically be able to rest for shorter periods doing this, or would that defeat the purpose of being able to put more into it?

Much needed TL;DR:
Can you rest for less time between sets if you do 5x3 instead of 3x5?

Im having a little trouble with yohimbine scheduling. Ive tried it before and worked up to maybe 12mg once in the morning, but i should consume 16mg and ive seen it on certain forums that it should be split up into multiple doses. I work from 6am-2 and dont eat until 4, could someone give me an idea of how i should go about getting all 16mg?

(fukn embedded youtube gives me the shits, skip to 23m33s)

I think you'd have to take longer rests doing 5x3 even if you still have some fuel left in the tank since you're lifting a load quite close to your 1RM.
But I'm not a grill so I dunno.

Bump

when should I change to an intermediate routine?
did SS, currently at
>sq 285lbs 3x5
>ohp 140lbs 3x5
>bench 175 3x5
>deadlift 285 1x5 (working on grip)

wait for stall?

This

And
Is it possible to tighten neck skin?

>6'4
>225
>doing cardio
>lifting
>1880 kcal per day
Dude. You're a big guy. You're just starving yourself. You shouldn't look to "lose weight", but "lose fat".
I don't know what you mean by "starting to lift".
Lift heavy weights, do some cardio and eat at maintenance calories. Especially if you're a new lifter you can make drastic changes in body composition (gain muscle, lose fat) while still eating "normally". At your height 225 is a good weight (with decent muscle mass).
Look for long term change (from this point until the end of the year is a good timeframe). Don't try to crash diet to lose as much as possible as fast as possible.

use this to find your caloric needs:
iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

neck bridges

I didn't lift before. I used to be 290 and then I got down to 225 about a year ago just by dieting.

I'm a fat 225, not a muscular 225, which is why I figured I was best getting to 200 and then building up. Bad approach?

You're going to have to cut at some point to get lean.

Okay. But when I do, I won't just look like some skinny fat dude right? I'll actually look lean? Considering I'd have been following purely strength routines

I guess you're still fat enough to warrant a "lose weight" approach, but you still shouldn't starve yourself. especially if you start lifting.

It's up to you really, but a few things I can definitely tell you, 1880 is too little, maybe if you'd do zero exercise and don't move all day that would be a reasonable target, but with lifting and cardio, you need more.

Again, don't try to change too much too fast. You have probably been fat for years, however many months it takes to get it off doesn't matter. But taking it slow and steady is healthier than crashing down.

Priority number one is consistency.

You can look "lean" by doing nothing but cardio and a few pushups and pullups. That's literally all bodyfat. And even on a "purely strength based" routine, you will gain significant amounts of muscle - again, if you eat right.

Thanks man, appreciate your advice a lot. Makes a difference.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up dude

Here's the deal: strength might go up for a bit, but inevitably you'll lose some strength during a cut. That's just yhe muscle mass you'll lose. If you don't do a cut, you will never get lean. Body recomping takes years if you never cut but don't really bulk.

What it comes down to is calories in/out, macros, partitioning and a little bit your exercises. First of all you'll never get lean without losing some fat. You'll have to lose some fat sometime with cals in/out. If you have muscle mass already when you do you'll look better than if you just cut from fat, but you'll have more weight to lose if you put on weight during a bulk first. Protein will keep those muscles longer during a cut. Cardio still help you lose weight during a cut and will always promote a healthy heart. You meed to loft however still during this to prevent muscle loss and promote a proper state in your body where it doesn't go starvation mode.

Skinny fat might happen depending on where you are before the cut, but eventually you'll get lean at low bf%. After that you can go strength again and bulk. All up to you and your goals.

Pls respond

What is the difference between hammer curls and regular curls?

Anyone?

For home gym do I buy cap barbell and pl8s? Is the barbell supposed to be 5,6, or 7 feet?

Go see a doctor

Pen+paper

Could always do an Upper/Lower split. It's typically done as a 4 day split but you can modify it to 2 to fit your needs

Tape a picture of Chad to your door or something to remind yourself of what you're cutting for. Those couple weeks right in the middle of a cut suck ass but it gets easier the closer you get to finishing.

Use a low weight, one low enough to not strain you in any way but is high enough to give you something to push against. Watch videos online. Ask someone to check your form.

Yes. I find it really helps me with focusing.

No because you'll eventually reach a point where you can't increase weight due to maxing out the dumbbells. Your lower back hurts because your form is shit.

If you're still making linear progress, stay on SS.

Hammer curls hit your forearms as well as biceps.

How much muscle can you pack naturally per month?(disregarding the beginner lifters) will be bulking at 300 surplus average and want to know how much muscle should I expect

Realistically, you can put on about 0.5lb of lean mass per week if you're eating right and lifting heavy, but that obviously goes down depending on how close you are to your genetic limit.

How do I know if I have snapped my shit, back is KILLING me right now.

Generally you'll know if you snapped your shit.

Is it sore or is it genuine pain? Soreness is fine, pain is not.

If it's just sore, just make sure to eat a lot and get your protons, and maybe even RICE it if it's really bad and impeding your day-to-day shit

If you are actually in genuine pain, stop lifting and see a doctor. It doesn't mean you've snapped your shit, but it's a good idea to be careful, just in case. RICE in the meantime.

I'm dropping Squats and Deadlifts from my Routine for a while, because my back and hips feel like shit.

Still want to train legs though.

How's this for a replacement to do on Lower body days:
5 sets each, as giant sets (i.e. exercise 1 -> ex 2 -> ex 3 -> rest -> repeat)
>Good Morning x5-8 / Single Leg Press x?? / Abs x10
>Bulgarian Split Squat x5-8 / Obliques x10 / Calves x15-20
>Leg Extension x8-12 / Leg Curl x8-12 / Back Extension x10-15

Genuine pain, I know soreness.
Granted it has only been about 3 hours, but I just left the gym midworkout since I had trouble lifting a 25lb plate off the ground into the bench due to pain.
RICE?

Is Soylent a meme?
I'm legitimately on the cusp of buying a month's supply to replace a lot of my daily meals since I hate cooking.

Any tips on ab workouts when you have a small hernia? Should I avoid direct ab work all together?

If it's only been 3 hours, then give it a few days before calling the doctor. You may have just sprained something

RICE = Rest Ice Compression Elevation

Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation

There's a rule of thumb for how long you should wait before you see a doctor for different symptoms. For pain in general it's a week I think. I'll see if I can find the exact numbers.

So hammer curls are better?

For overall arm gains, yes. Strictly for biceps, no.

The deal with hammer curls is the weakest link is your forearm (as opposed to your biceps), so you can't lift as heavy.