Too much water?

Is there such a thing as drinking too much water throughout the day?

I started counting how much I was drinking and I realized I'm consuming close to 4 gallons of liquid every single day, and the only things I drink are coffee and water.

Will doing this damage my kidneys or something?

Yes, too much water flushes your system of salts and electrolytes and you're suspect to cramping and generally bad health.

Basically if you piss is clear you're probably drinking too much

So how much should I be drinking? My piss isn't usually clear even with all the water I drink.

>consuming 15 liters of liquid a day

how is that even possible?

I drink a gallon before I go to work, a gallon throughout the day at work, a gallon at night, and probably half a gallon throughout the night.

8 glasses a day idiot

Are you sure? You drink a gallon before work? you're at serious risk of water poisoning

>Consume 15 litres of water
>People have died from drinking merely 7 too quickly
>What is hypoatremia

Either you are fucking huge to be able to take that much water and not die from sodium dilution and your cells literally popping from the sheer liquid volume or you are bullshitting. I'll go with bullshitting.

why tho? it's because you have insatiable thirst? you may have some weird shit going on inside your body user, go to a doctor, drinking 15 liters of water a day is not normal nor healthy

Well I'm still obese, down to 210 from 313. I'm genuinely serious though. I drink at least 3 gallons a day, and sometimes up to 4.

Why do you drink so much?

Are you sure you mean gallons? How do you know? Donyou have liter bottles? How do you measure it. Describe precisely

Are you always thirsty?

If yes get tested for diabetes asap

Habit, I guess. I'm not actually thirsty all the time.

Part of the reason I drink so much in the morning is because I mouthbreathe when I sleep and I wake up with my mouth feeling like the sahara.

Yes. Don't be that idiot IFBB pro wanna-be that weighs 1 buck 70 and has to piss every 14 minutes because he's drinking 3 gallons of water a day.

Yes I drink out of a refillable 75 ounce jug which I fill at least 3-4 times a day. I drink 4 8 ounce cups of coffee in the morning, and drink 8 ounces an hour of water when I am at work (8 hours).

I've been tested, I'm not diabetic or pre-diabetic.

>4 gallons
>half a gallon throughout the night
>woken up by thirst

You've probably got diabetes, user.

That case fast for 8 hours and go for a diabetes test. A larger weight plus thirst on that level is a classic diabetes sign.

35-45ml water or unsweetened noncaffeinated tea per kg bodyweight, sub 65kg twinks or the grossly obese need not apply. Anything below is too little, anything above starts to become unhealthy after a while. OP is either living in the desert or deep rainforest or on the one way train to dat dere beetus.

I drink about 6 liters per day. Probably due to creatine and lots of sodium. 4 gallons is fucking insane. How often do you piss per day?

I know a guy who nearly died as a kid cause he ran around and sweated too much and kept drinking water. He lost salt/electrolytes/whatever and had to go to hospital and get shit pumped into him.

You definitely can drink too much water. Just drink when you're thirsty.

Having excessive thirst is a sign of Diabetes, user.