Is it possible to have cheat meals when you're eating at maintenance levels? I'm a bit discouraged...

Is it possible to have cheat meals when you're eating at maintenance levels? I'm a bit discouraged, because I feel like I can't go out to a restaurant without fucking up my calorie allotment.
For example, I'm celebrating my birthday with my family this weekend, and we're going to Buffalo Wild Wings and having cake afterwards. Should I worry?
Can you make it if you cheat on one meal a week?

just eat less the rest of the day, fag lord. this isn't rocket science

A lot of restaurants are still fuckin loaded with calories, though. "Just eat less" doesn't necessarily work all the time.

Bump

yes it does you fucking homo

Order a snack size of boneless wings with no ranch or anything, that's like 900 calories. Then get some celery, and have some cake.

Just measure it out, you'll be fine.

I guess that answers the question for what I should do this weekend, but the broader question is can you still have a cheat meal, or is that for 40-year-old moms who hate their lives?

why do you amerifats lather everything with sauce. those would be so much more tasty with just some spices and a decent grill.

>Celebrate brithday
>Go to some large brand fastfood joint
Jesus Christ America get a fucking grip

Buffalo Wild Wings isn't a fast food joint you twat, it's a restaurant/bar where people relax, enjoy themselves, and watch sports. It's an actual experience, not just going and saying "Can I have a #1 meal?"

That'd be what, 6 wings? Not even close to 900 calories.

And I have no idea why anyone who wants to make it would be eating desert at all, much less "cake".

Fuck outta here.

>It's an actual experience

its still a chain, its like saying olive garden is fine dining. or when my college girlfriend always wanted to go to chilis on date night instead of ever trying any of the local food.

Stop caring so much and enjoy a birthday party. You're not training for Mr olympia. Some wings and cake one day aren't going to ruin anything

It hardly sounds like a proper restaurant your parents would take you for your birthday t b h. If it's main premise is serving buffalo wings then I don't consider it a normal restaurant

And, why do you Burgers always need cake or donuts? Would a peach not be better?

The bottom line is eating out is difficult. I join my friends going out, but end up ordering plain wings, cheese platter, or burger without the bun/sauce (add a fried egg, runny yolk instead of BBQ sauce), with soda water.

Obviously no sides like fries. But cream cheese stuffed jalapenos are divine. Better than cake.

Just remember, the cake is a lie!

I never eat cake, but if it's your birthday, you're kind of obligated. I just have a really small piece.

Also, it's pretty much 900 calories.

This is why you don't have friends

>Just remember, the cake is a lie!

Is this the cringiest post on Veeky Forums today? How old are you grandpa, 43?

Buffalo wild wings is full of jersey-wearing, balding, depressed, middle aged, suburbanite slobs.

That said I went once and the wings tasted pretty good but it's so pricey wtf

You're pathetic my mane, happy birthday

OP here, that wasn't my reply.

Your birthday is once a year, you'll live.
But yes maintenance should be around 2000-2800 calories. Plenty for a slice of cake and 20 wings.

This why my black friends make fun if white people food.

Portal was a great game and I welcome all references

steak is usually only 500 cals and you can take your time with it

just get it with a salad. if anyone calls you a fag, say you have really bad heartburn

avoid sauces of any kind

hello overly edgy tryhard, let me clue you in: if you get invited to a restaurant you are expected to at least pretend to try the dessert.

Just fast all day and enjoy ur birthday user.

>caring about the opinions of blacks
You're never gonna make it brah

ok say you go over maintenance by 1,000.
you can eat 350 less for the next 3 days, 200 less for the next 5 days, 1 calorie less for the next 1,000 days, etc.

>6 wings? not even close to 900 calories

hahahahahahahahaahahahaha how much do u body fat bro? you clearly have no clue about counting calories.

This.

Calorie intake is a marathon. If you eat 500 over one day, and 500 under another day, you'll be at maintenance.

You can have a cheat meal. Why not? Just make sure it's only a meal, and not a bunch of meals.

Just work out twice that day. Usually for holidays/bdays I do yoga at 0530 then eat light until second workout around 1400 or 1500 where it's my normal routine (legs/core, shoulders/back..etc) along with a protein shake after.

That way I go enjoy the night with no worries and good friends :D

Hope you have a Happy Birthday user.

This is a good opportunity to cheat.

It's a lifestyle change, don't sweat every single meal.

>sundays are my maintenance/cheat day
>ate clean af with a deficit anyway

bliss

>Told myself I was going to cheat yesterday
>Looked at the scale and realized I really shouldn't cheat. Ate clean instead

Self Control is pretty nice.

>was gonna cheat last saturday
>awww yiss gonna get me some m&ms
>qt at counter

i bought some bananas and a newspaper instead i don't even

Did she smile at you and tell you have a nice day?

Means she wants to fukkkkkk

no idea, for some reason i took a huge interest in the batteries behind the counter throughout the entire transaction and avoided all eye contact

I agree.

Hello my name is Stu Pedmerican.

I would like the king-sized hamburger pie, with a side order of the one pound deep fried potato chunks. Bring me the cup o' ranch dressing. Yes, make the potato chunks "loaded" with the bacon pieces and the easy cheese. I also need a large milk malt with the chocolate frosting and the heavy cream. AND a Diet Coke, I'm trying to watch my weight.

Fucking Americans.

I eat fried, calorie dense foods daily (fries, meat, fried eggs, plus condiments), I drink a 1000+ cal protein shake (soy milk, soy protein powder, peanut butter, banana and creatine) almost daily, I eat chocolate (plus chocolate syrup and that chocolate used to cover cakes), I drink sodas and high sugar juices often. I eat good amounts of bread. I always have a bowl full of oats or high sugar box cereals for breakfast.
Yet I'm stuck in 70kg (155lbs) (or maybe a bit more cause I haven't weighted myself in months) but the point is I'm struggling this much just to maintain this mediocre weight, how do you fucking pigs do it
Though I don't like eating and I'm lactose intolerant. Hard-mode life for lifting.

That's not a reference anymore. It's a broken, beaten whore of a sentence that every gibbering, mouthbreather of a "gamer" knows about and utters at even the slightest hint of relevance (re: your post).

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and never post again until you understand just how much of a fuckwit you are.

>Not adding a large order of deep fried green beans to lose weight

It's like you want to stay at an above average weight of 500lbs.

>Is it possible to have cheat meals when you're eating at maintenance levels?
Yes stupid.
The thing that matters the most when it comes to losing weight, once you have all of your essential macros and micro nutrients, is calories.

jesus fucking christ a single chicken wing is almost 900 calories.

Holy fuck no wonder americans are so fat

Cheat meals I meant to be whatever you eat, just within your fucking calorie limits..

and one meal ever now and then where you fuck your calories won't matter man.. grow a pair, and even if it does, you're eat maintenance, just spend week after cutting.

That's a single serving of a snack size, user. A snack size has multiple wings in it, though I don't know the exact number because they go by weight.

>buffalo wild wings
Plebshit. Wild Wing masterrace

I think weekly is too often. No more than 2x/month. The other times, go out for meals sure but stay within your calorie allotment. You can learn to eat out enjoyably and not go over, user.

>Not making your own

Fucking the shit you can buy, I started buying my own shit and it tastes a 100x better then anywhere I've bought it.

Sure, homemade is great, but it's a pain in the ass to deep fry that shit yourself, especially if you don't have a dishwasher

No its not.. literally just buy oil, poor into largish pan, bring to heat, throw chicken in, sieve oil to reuse it, throw out shit in the bottom and then use some fucking soap to wash it.

Its really not hard...

Here's how it really goes
>cut chicken into pieces
>heat oil
>toss a few chicken pieces in flour/cornstarch
>dip those pieces of chicken in egg wash
>toss the egg washed chicken into more flour/cornstarch
>repeat the above three steps until all chicken is covered
>fry a few pieces of chicken at a time to maintain oil temp and ensure even cooking
>finish cooking all the chicken in 15-20 minutes depending on the amount
>toss chicken in sauce
>take oil off heat and wait a few hours until cool enough to strain and funnel into container

For just one dish, you've used a cutting board and knife, 3 different bowls, 2 different plates (one to let the chicken oil drain after cooking, one for actually serving), a funnel, a sieve, tongs/a slotted metal spoon, whatever you're using to toss the chicken and sauce with, and the pot which will take several scrubbings to remove the oil.

Doing it right and safe is much more of a hassle than you're describing

Most restaurants have nutritition pdfs online so I tend to just have those saved on my phone for the sake of not fucking up. If it's not a chain restaurant, I just opt for any chicken/fish dishes with dressing shit on the side.

>putting breading on your wings.
fucking kill yourself
traditional the best way to go

My bad. I saw the boneless wings in OP's pic, and that's where my mind went. It's still an involved cooking and cleaning process because you can't just dump all the wings in there at once and fuck off for a few minutes

>cant just dump the wings in and fuck off
thats exactly what i do and it works perfect

Thank god I'm not eating your food then. If you put too much in the oil, the temp drops significantly causing uneven cooking for all the pieces which means you either undercook some pieces which is dangerous, or overcook as you wait for the oil to come back up to temp which fucks up the food quality.

nope, i double fry and they come out perfect and delicious every time. made them yesterday

>double frying traditional wings
Why am I arguing with such a fucking pleb

why the fuck would you not double fry?
15 min at 250, 10 min at 375, nice and juicy inside, crispy and delicious on the outside

Wtf you on about you complete nigger, at the most you use a flour mix, fucking moron.

And all of that takes about 3 minutes to wash up if you aren't a complete spak.. fucking hell.

Also don't egg you chicken man.. like wtf.

(also thought you put you use bread crumbs, ignore the insult)

3 step frying prep is common as shit, you faggot. A simple google search will let you know this. The first dip in flour helps the breading not get soggy and the egg wash to stick to, and the egg wash itself makes the seasoned flour or breadcrumbs stick to the meat.

Lrn2cook before you spew more stupid shit

Ok, you can flower them, this is allowed although isn't considered traditional in buffalo, however they do this in areas outside of buffalo, so its chill, just use a very think coating, its all you need.

Second, DONT double fry them you fucking mong.

Its simple,

>Use a bowl, put your flour mix into bowl
>Coat chicken wings, 3 at a time
>Fry 3 at a time, put in the oven on a low temp to keep warm
>do this till all your chicken is cooked
>dump flour
>wash bowl, literally takes 20 seconds
>mix chicken and sauce in same bowl.

Then train oil into a container.

You then only have to wash-

Oven tray, saucepan, strainer, bowl, plate you used to put the chicken on before frying it.

Its 3 minutes washing up.. unless you're a lazy fuck, why wouldnt you do this?

>dont double fry
post disregarded

You don't need to do the egg mix you retard.

I know what egg mix is used for, and its pointless when doing it for deep frying, use it for oven cooking yeh sure, but with frying its fucking pointless and you use to much flour, which absorbs to much fucking shit, Just use a THIN layer of flour, you'll have crispy as fuck chicken. The flour will stick to the chicken perfectly, if you sue bread crumbs however you do need egg, but why the fuck would you bread it like that? shit thats some nigger stuff there..

>everyone tells you your a moron for double frying
>tries to disregard post because 'mah duble fri'

>people have shit opinions about an objectively good technique
>ignore their shit opinions
works pretty well for me

>I know what egg mix is used for, and its pointless when doing it for deep frying
Except it's not. It's how almost every restaurant deep fries their shit.

>if you sue bread crumbs however you do need egg, but why the fuck would you bread it like that?
I said bread crumbs for more general frying use like chicken parm or whatever. I wouldn't use them for wings

>black people food
They eat pig feet and pig intestine, who gives a fuck what they think about actual food.

Enjoy ruining your chicken faggot

No, it really fucking isnt, if you're just using flower, they don't use egg.. lad.

how exactly does it ruin the chicken?
please explain, ive made dozens of batches via double frying and they come out great

Eating at maintenance and then having cheat days when you go out is exactly how so many people get fat. Their normal diet is maintenance, but they have days going over that a lot more than days they go under it so they get fat.
When I'm "at maintenance" I'm actually usually a couple hundred calories below maintenance, to make up for going to restaurants etc.

Over cooked, over Greecey and just shit.

Why double fry? Theres literally no point unless you're cooking potato.

Here ya go, cuckster. This is how I make oven fried wings, they come out fantastic. Don't toss in sauce, though, dip. Or toss, whatever, but they'll be crispier if you dip. Just dip in straight franks if you want to save fat macros.

so you just have no clue how to use a timer?
mine are never overcooked, they are anymore greasy than other wing.
you are just an idiot and i was right to disregard your opinions

the first low temp fry cooks the wings and the second high temp fry makes them crispy.

You see the texture achieved on crust of this chicken? That's achieved with an egg wash thanks to the moisture from the chicken being captured by the egg and outer flour layers which causes it to expand a tiny bit during cooking.

If you just dip the chicken in flour and fry it, the flour may get crispy, but it doesn't develop the cragginess of the chicken in pic because the flour is stuck to the chicken itself whose moisture is just going straight into the oil.

This is how most restaurants serve deep fried food, and you're in absolute denial if you say otherwise.

Lol I'm sure, you probably cook shit wings you think are good cus 'muh wangs'

Just learn to do it in one.

You get the exact same results when you don't fucking use egg wash you retard.

You absolutely don't. The closes you can get looks like and it has a noticeably different crust texture

The only common sense spoken so far in the thread

I fry chicken all of the time, I never use egg wash for wings or chicken pieces.

Always look amazing.

You're full of shit.

I I I
KNOW YOU GOTTA LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE