Cut or bulk?

Pic is related.

>5 foot 11 inches
>195 pounds
>endomorph phenotype

My whole life I've always carried extra weight. I was an ignorant kid and I ate whatever I wanted. I had no self control and I really didn't care. 3 years ago I was peaking my heaviest (almost 300 pounds). I've always wanted to have a physique I could be proud of but never did anything about it until I seen the scale peak that high. I was absolutely disgusted on how I could let myself get to that point so I decided enough is enough. 3 years is a loooong time to lose that much weight and again I was completely ignorant to anything fitness related so it was a long process of trial and error and still I struggle today to get rid of what's left of the weight I carried.
Now, getting back on track here, I decided I'd bulk throughout the winter and I feel like I've made some personal progress but now that spring is right around the corner I want to try and lose this fat once and for all. I stopped my bulking cycle about 2 weeks ago, I've lost 6 pounds since then by simply cutting my calories to 2000-2200 a day, eating 20%c 30%f 50%p. Carbs consumed only being brown rich, vegetables, sweet potatoes, etc. (Did no cardio whatsoever just lifted weights). You would think losing 3lbs a week is fantastic but I've lost a lot of strength the past couple weeks and I haven't noticed much fat loss at all! The troublesome areas (breasts, stomach, hips) always seem to carry weight and I'm so tired of it. I'm in desperate need of advice, of course I have thought of other methods but I'm looking for some feedback and even motivation. I'm thinking I should just give up and continue to put on muscle but I'd really like to be able to look in that mirror and have confidence for once in my life. I highly encourage fat shaming in this thread, I need that motivation to finally get rid of this burden I carried my whole life. Feel free to share your stories and fill me in on anything I'm missing here.

>endomorph phenotype
you're a retardomorph, kys.

Kek, knew this was coming

what type weightlifting program are you on? if you're doing a strength training/heavy weight low reps routine stop it. I don't think 5x5 type programs are the way to go during a cut. I don't even think they're the way to go on a bulk if your main goal is to change body composition. If thats what you're doing I would recommend you switch to something that involves light weight, high reps, high intensity.

Congrats on the weight loss, you still have a ways to go if your goal is to look good. If you want to lean out a bit go for it, most will probably tell you not to because you don't have much muscle mass but you're gonna have to lose it sooner or later.

My weightlifting schedual is 6 days on 1 off, targeting each muscle group at least once a day. Example, chest one day, back the next, shoulders, arms, etc. I go for sets of 10 doing exercises that target many muscles at once. For example: back rows, squats, deadlifts, etc.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm scared of the word 'cut', I'd like to keep whatever size I have. I don't want to continue on this path I'm on right now and lose my progress all for nothing. I may give what you said a try, I've thought about doing some low intensity cardio song with my standard workout cycle.

>light weight, high reps, high intensity.

So, just so you're aware, when we refer to "intensity" in programming, what we're talking about is closeness to maximal weight. A low weight, high intensity rep simply isn't possible.

I get what you were saying, but I think you were referring to high RPE, or exertion.

Meant to say target each muscle group once a week and along*, not song

Cutting is shit, m8. It's going to be especially hard for you to lose that last bit of fat because a lot of it will be stretched tissue from your days of being 300 lbs. Losing 6 lbs in two weeks is brutal though, you're gonna lose strength. I don't agree with your training methods, but that's neither here nor there - just don't be afraid to play the long con; it's going to take years and years to build the body you want lad - stick with it.

Your programme huh? If you wouldn't mind giving me a brief example I'd much appreciate it.
Also, would you recommend any sort of activity besides weightlifting? Like walking, maybe a light jogs? Some sort of sport even?

I couldn't agree with you more. Cutting is shit.

I felt way more better about myself two weeks ago than I do today. At least when I'm bulking theres progress being made. For awhile there I was maintaining my weight at 200 and still setting pr's on the three lifts. I'm beginning to think these past two weeks have been a mistake. Not to mention this diet I'm on is miserable, I know 20% of carbs on a 2000 calorie diet is still a good chunk of carbs but I still feel like shit day in and day out. I don't have the same endurance/ strength I had a couple weeks ago.

If you want to lose fat you have to go on a cut. The fact you've lost 6lbs means you are currently cutting. Where you go from here depends on your priorities. If preventing loss of strength/muscle is more important then obviously you want to continue your bulk, if its getting lean then continue what your currently doing. You COULD just try eating around maintenance. Its impossible to count calories perfectly its all just a gross estimate so by eating around maintenance, some days you'll be eating over, others you'll be eating under. Its one way to seemingly gain muscle and lose fat at the same time but I wouldn't recommend it as results will be slow to nonexistent.

>targeting each muscle group at least once a day.
do you mean once a week?
I think you should be trying to target muscle group at least twice a week. Get rid of the arm day, your arms will be worked during back and chest days. Back exercises like pull-ups also hit biceps and forearms, chest exercises like dips will hit your triceps as well as chest.

10 is a good rep range, I just think you need more volume. I can't recommend a good routine as I only do calisthenics. I workout everyday, full body, prioritize certain muscle groups depending on what I did the previous day/ how I feel. But something like

>day 1
chest/triceps
you'll want to do some compound exercises like bench, dips(recommended) then add some accessories to really target other muscle like tricep extensions etc etc
>day 2
back/biceps
again compounds like pull-ups, chin-ups, bent over rows, then add curls/deadhangs if you'd like to hit arms more
>day 3
legs
you get the idea... squats, deadlift, leg press then calves and leg extensions if you feel your legs need it

and repeat, since you workout 6x a week this will hit each twice a week.

also forgot to say OP, for another activity instead of cardio I'd recommend doing bodyweight excercises. They don't stress out your CNS especially if you go light on them so they shouldn't interfere with your weight training. Do some 50 pushups and bodyweight squats everyday if your up to it. You can do less, like 50 pushups one day then 50 squats the next, or incorporate them into their respected days, i.e. do pushups on chest day and squats on leg day.

I feel like they could help you, especially on a cut. YOull be pumping blood/activating your muscles which I think may help it preventing muscle loss.

You could also get into bike riding. I bought a fixed gear I use to ride around and its pretty enjoyable.

>A low weight, high intensity rep simply isn't possible.
ahh, I see. I thought this is what high intensity referred to. things like drop sets, high reps, short rest times. basically when you're really pumping up/burning your muscles to death. Learn something new every day

I meant to say once a week, yes.

You have a good workout planned and I understand an arm day isn't really necessary. That's the word I was looking for, 'compound' workouts are really what I try and base my workout around, towards the end once I hit all my compound workouts I'll focus whatever energy I have left on isolating that certain muscle. So bicep curls for example or pectoral flys.

I agree completely with your plan, however I like to include a day for core in with my workout and your plan doesn't include shoulders either.

Also how long should these workout sessions take? Mine can take 1.5 to 2 hours a day.

That was going to be my next question.

I would hate to say it but would crossfit be something for me? I know little to nothing about it so that's why I'm hesitant.

I've thought about doing a 20-30 minute walk on the treadmill post weights.

Again I appreciate the feedback.

That fat won't go away naturally no matter how much you cut bro, sorry. You'll need surgery to get rid of the loose skin.

Don't try too hard to get fit if you're not going to going get surgery.

Just my 2c

It is literally starting to feel that way.

I'm starting to think if I just keep up with my bulk I'll eventually fill that in right? If you look at the picture it just looks like I have a overall layer of fat. My skin is riddled with stretch marks but surprisingly I don't have much lose skin.

>I agree completely with your plan, however I like to include a day for core in with my workout and your plan doesn't include shoulders either.
you can tweak it, it wasn't a full out routine that I posted just an example of what I think would be better for you, essentially that you should hit each muscle group at least twice a week. I think volume/frequency is very important during a cut as to not lose muscle/strength. And are superior even during a bulk if your main goal is to add size.

you could easily incorporate shoulders into your chest day and core into your leg day or even doing a few situps on your rest day. The main take away is you NEED to hit your muscle groups more often.

>I would hate to say it but would crossfit be something for me? I know little to nothing about it so that's why I'm hesitant.
sure it would, why not. We talk a lot of shit about crossfit here and for good reason. They do a lot of weird/unnecessary/even dangerous shit sometimes but that doesn't mean you won't see results. My sister does crossfit and she's dropped a shit ton of weight in a short amount of time. I think crossfit classes probably vary wildly in quality though so do your research before getting into anything. If you like they idea of crossfit by all means though, go for it dude.

20-30 walk on the treadmill isn't going to do much physically, but if you'd enjoy it why not?

he's just talking shit m8, ignore him. You look flabby and loose sure, but after you lean out that should all tighten up. People who require surgery have like a foot of extra skin around their waist and their skin looks like a nut sack.

If I were you, I'd keep cutting. I went from being a lardass (Not quite your range, 5'10" 224lbs) and didn't bother with counting calories - I'd just eat better, and cut out generally unhealthy foods. Eventually plateaued in the low 170lbs, still having a way too big spare tyre and love handles, which is where most of my fat accumulated - stomach region looked similar to yours. Started cutting in january by finally counting calories, and have since dropped 11lbs. My lifts have stalled, sure, and my BP lifts have even gone down a little, but I can see more definition, and I feel good. Real good, actually, because I'm finally getting to the point where having a flat stomach is a plausible reality. If you cut at a 200-500 deficit you should be able to keep almost all of your muscle mass, and in a year or so you'll look better for it. I was frustrated by my lifts stalling at first, but seeing the numbers dropping again, and the clearer definition in the mirror, makes it worth it.

I think I've heard enough. I really appreciate the feedback, this has been by far the most difficult thing I've ever had to overcome. You may think that's a bold statement but it's been an exhausting mental and physical battle for me. Anyone who has been there knows. I'm not going to give up so easily, I want to be in shape. with al that being said I'm saying screw the bulk until next winter, right now I'm focusing on looking good for the summer. I literally have no one I can relate to this has been a solo journey for me so hearing your input is greatly appreciated, I cannot express my gratitude enough.

the original picture is of me not flexing. I'll leave this one here just for some extra contrast.

I did the same. Only recently I started counting my calories. Before these two weeks I was eating whole wheat but I even dropped that out of my diet. I think I'm just going to continue on lifting weights, including more reps and compound workouts into my excersises and of course targeting muscles more than once a week I feel is a good idea. Again, thanks for your post. I have motivation there's no doubt. I just need motivation to continue this cutting route.

>I can't recommend a good routine as I only do calisthenics
I regret reading the first half of this shit. Don't give advice if you don't even lift.

you actually have a decent amount of muscle mass, I think you made the right decision by cutting. Stay motivated and stick to it, you won't regret it m8.

why not?