I just inherited a lot of shares. One holding in particular is 40,000AUD in Telstra. I'm a complete retard...

I just inherited a lot of shares. One holding in particular is 40,000AUD in Telstra. I'm a complete retard, I've never owned shares, but I can reads graphs and see that Telstra has been plummeting for years. Should I sell as soon as possible?

Just hold Telstra for the comfy dividends while you read up on investing and decide your next move

40,000AUD of Telstra! HAHAHAHAHAHAH. I read Tesla.. that would have been OK

Do you have any idea why Telstra dividends are so much higher than some other companies? Also do you have any book recommendations?

I was thinking of selling all the Telstra and putting it all in Tesla

HODL!!! never sell!! Diamond hands!!!! Etc

Dividends are good and last I heard Telstra is at a all time low. Surely it'll bounce back?

Because Telstra pays all of its profits as dividends, which was fine when they had the monopoly of telecommunications, now that they don't, they're losing business because they are more expensive with no real benifit.

I like Telstra's CEO, Elron Grusk

Telstra is horrible to hold. The NBN cost blowout has destroyed any prospect of the price doing anything for the next decade

People HODL Telstra for the divedend, which has paid back more than the share price over time.

Buy some asx: MEI :)

>Should I sell as soon as possible?
Not unless you have another stock pick.
I would just sit on it for two years, collect those dividends. If it loses MORE than 10% of it's market cap 24 months from now, then sell. If it stays around the same, or even if it loses a little bit, HODL because those dividends will offset the loss.

You're in a enviable position in that you inherited it, so you don't need to make up your entry cost.

>MEI
Just looked it up, what the hell is going on there?

do not do this the stock market is supported by nothing.

gold silver and crypto

>being this fucking retarded

Tesla is overpriced as shit to the point even Musk says it's inflated, lmao

Get real. Don't blow your inheritance of nothing

What would you suggest I do? You're so rude I assume you know what you're talking about.

Wat. In case of liquidation a company will distribute its assets to equity holders in propotion to their holdings. It has more tangible value than crypto.

Always sell low

Dont do shit until you've familiar with what you're doing

In other words: Don't do shit for at least 6 months while you're figuring out what to do

It has to pay the creditors first faggot shareholders always get btfo

Telstra dividends are fine and the plummeting gas stoooed for the most parts, couple last years internet providers have been plummeting due to the NBN.
Should consider selling and moving onto something else m8. He'll even bitcoin would probably give u far more in the next years with less risk than Telstra.
Even just taking it out and putting in gold will give you more profits in the next 8 years than Telstra.

This is good advice, thanks.

Spend a week, learn the absolute basics and a bit more.

If you're looking to stay in the asx telstra is a great hold for the dividends

For long term holds with big gains the cannabis sector in aus is in it's absolute infancy. Could be compared to the cryptocurrency financial bubble.

I would look into AC8, CAN and ZLD

Invest maybe 10-20% of your folio into cannabis as it's still speculative, but would be the safest way to have a good solid punt at great gains without having to trawl through the grim of the cryptosphere

Do not do this, for the love of god. Tesla is a goddamn meme and eventually it will burst and burst hard.