Fatty General

Anyone else starting tomorrow?

Yep

Have been eating like shit, trying to it right today but tomorrow for sure I'll start eating strictly protein and stuff

Question, does BCAA's work for weight loss if I do gym and cardio? I want to lose weight while cutting

>Tomorrow

There's your problem

>I want to lose weight, while losing weight

Fuck you're thick.

starting tommorrow stands for:
starting tomorrow tomorrow.

starting tomorrow tomorrow stands for:
starting tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow

etc.

Unless you start right fucking now you will never make it.

Started in November, have lost 13kg.
Could be at goal weight already but wasted most of 2016 saying "I'll start tomorrow"

Remember that in a years time you'll wish you started today.

Aim for a week. 7 days proper diet and daily exercise. Just to start with, I find that helps me.

Just started. I finished my first week yesterday. I kept going on diet and exercise and then would drop it after a couple months. I then fall into a self loathing beige. This time it was bad and i got 20 pounds more than i am generally.
I kept saying tomorrow was the day to start, then i didn't do shit.
Then i just went. I did it. This time was different though, I had fun working out. I seriously loved it and keep wanting more and to go back. I think i'm finally gonna get Veeky Forums senpaitachi

Tomorrow is fatspeak for never.

I've been telling myself that for the past 6 years

Does BCAA have calories

I'm so fucking hungry.

>started from 130kg
>made it down to 92kg
>fell into depression and ballooned back up to 107kg because pastries are great comfort food
>dropped back down to 93kg
>fell of the wagon for a month and climbed back up to 97kg
>now I'm counting my calories like a fucking Nazi
>aiming for under 90kg before the end of April
>I want to be about 83kg somewhere in June

I guess I learned that you can't outlift or outrun a bad diet. Also, I'm hungry AF

started 5 weeks ago
sometimes I think I look good
sometimes I think I lost muscle and look worse
help

Going by common sense, they should have the same calories as protein per gram

The diet is the hard part. I get confused at what i'm supposed to do here, because i always read and hear now that as long as my calories in is less than my calories out i'll burn fat, but I also read that i should keep my current calories and eat more protien instead. I'm doing a mix of both i guess

fatties make me laugh

If you are hungry you eat the wrong kinda foods, eat more low calories vegetables like carrots, celery cucumbers etc.

Change starts today

The latter is wrong or you've misunderstood.
To lose fat and retain as much muscle as possible you need to eat at a caloric deficit while eating a diet high in protein, you can maintain, or in some cases build, muscle while cutting if you lift weights alongside cutting.

Let's say you need 2300 calories to lose weight, then that's it, eat 2300 calories and make sure you get in about 130-180 grams of protein a day. Most people will fall into that window, however its different for everyone, these are just my cutting calories and protein goals I used.

It is all about the calories, calculate your tdee and eat 500kcal less than that. Eating the right amount carb, protein and fat is not a priority unless you want to build muscle.

that's what i'm doing, so that's good. I weighed in this morning after 5 days and already lost 6 lbs

losing so much weight so fast means that you are probably not eating enough calories. You don't wanna lose more than 2lbs a week. Whats your weight how much kcal do you eat?

I started 6 days ago tubby

i'm trying to stay at 2000
I've had this happen before though where i cut back and i lose a shit ton at first. usually what takes me out of my diet and exercise has been moving around the country.

listen to
Also, you shouldn't be hungry. If you are, eat.
Eating less calories also means your body burns less calories (and you can end in starvation mode, you don't want that).

Eating more calories will make your body burn more. Just don't overdo.

Eat frequently troughout the day to keep the cravings at bay.
The superior & solid way to lose weight is to eat your maintenance calories, or even a bit more, and create a calorie deficit with exercising.

I've lost 20kg in 2016, im at 15% BF atm.

>weighed in at 191 2 days ago
>185 is my "normal weight" for BMI

i know BMI is kinda bull, and that i'll still have plenty of fat to lose, but not being overweight for once in my adult life is gonna be such a good personal milestone

before march, i know it

I want to add that the change in my diet has made me less hungry in general. I really couldn't eat much more if i tried

yeah in the first week you often lose a lot of water. However you should keep an eye on it, if you still lose so much next week you should increase kcal.

Eat since 3 maybe soon 4 month about 1,3-1,5kcal a day + dont eat too much sugar (max 5g/100g) and went from 120kg to 98kg

3 months more and i got my 80kg :^)

What would you recommend I consume to increase it?

assuming you eat normal meals, you can just increase portion sizes

Should I try IF?

I was thinking on going to the gym before work/taking some BCAAs/ and then stop eating after lunch. Good idea/bad idea?

i adore it, it's made keeping a deficit real easy

first week was hard as balls, especially if you have a physical job. now i barely even think about it

Please actually start and not just rationalize why it's ok to be a disgrace to humanity. Your ancestors didn't bleed so you could sit on your fat ass eating Ruffles. Please treat yourself with some respect and make the LIFELONG commitment to changing your lifestyle. You can make it if you decide it's important enough.

Yeah BCAAs will help you keep strength while cutting. Such a small amount of strength you are unlikely to notice any benefit unless your diet is lacking in proteins. Save your money and spend it on ECA.

I thought I should be at least slightly hungry?

wait i didn't read

>stop eating after lunch

no no no you eat everything in the afternoon. that's when you want to relax and feel saited. you can exercise fasted just fine, you get used to it

also why are you so obsessed with these "BCAAs"? protein powder is food, it's just a really efficient food for getting enough lean protein. no different to eating lots of turkey or eggs whites

nvm i though BCAA was a whey brand

but yeah having your eating slot on IF in the morning is a bad idea

not if you are eating healthy, if all you eat is junkfood you will be hungry af.

I was never hungry in my journey to lose 20+ kg,
Eating low calorie will work in the short run, but will never do in the long run. you WILL get hungry and quit sooner or later.

Have a cheat meal once a week and go easy on yourself. Exercise has to become a habitual thing you do every day or two, like mowing the lawn or taking out the trash.

You never start anything tomorrow. You start it right away.
If you are doing something you can't interrupt, you shouldn't even be thinking about something else.
If it's too late and you should sleep beforehand, you should already be sleeping.
If it's neither of thoses you should start NOW

i mean .. u tried .. i guess?

Yeah, look one of these guys is already talkin about starvation mode they dunno wtf they're talking about.

If you are in deficit you will go to sleep hungry, that's just life.

Looks like you don't know tf you're talking about.

Just quiet down, people like you fuck people up because you know just enough to be dangerous, but not enough to actually be useful.

Similar progress here.
Started at 86kg mid November, currently at 72kg.
I still eat and drink whatever I want when I'm out with friends but now well over 95% of my meals are clean.
The exercise didn't really help me lose weight but but rather retain muscle, it was also a great mental boost.

I probably fucked myself up losing shitloads of pounds past year, I'm sharing my experience.

Pretty fat, 220lb at 6'1". Started working out today, been off of sodas for a long time. Feels nice that "tomorrow" finally came.

Anyone else losing weight in kind of a sloping sinusoid pattern? I always measure on saturdays after a morning shit, and it looks something like this:
week 1: 81.2kg
week 2: 79.5kg
week 3: 80.5kg
week 4: 78.7kg
It's kinda disheartening, makes me think I stalled or rebounded even though I'm not doing anything different and I sure as fuck stay under maintenance.

Yeah, and I've at times had my cuts fucked up by people like you when I was starting out.

Cunts who talked about starvation mode, refeeds, and hormones who ended up being full of shit and caused me to waste time.

Years later, now I really don't like any cunt who is obviously a beginner themselves offering advice.

Fell off hard this weekend. Beer, cheese fries, buttered popcorn, burger. Just have to get back on that horse.

Are you close to your goal weight?
Are you lifting weights?

Why are you so obsessed with BCAA's? Just work out man, worry about supplements later when you can actually tell what fine-tuning your diet does to your performance. Right now you're asking about fuel additives for your 1999 civic. There are far bigger things to worry about now

I actualy I started today. Been on Prednisolone since november, and I've falled out of everything and gained around 10kg. Started back on the keto diet and went to the gym today. Feels great!

Start today, i started at 339 pounds and im at 236 now. If i can do it any of you can.

>tfw you reached the point where your arms and face are skinny enough to look ok in a shirt and people around you say that you dont need to lose more weight

>still have to cut for a few more months because you're over 20% bf, with a pudgy belly, and can't even bulk with a 250 cal surplus because of shitty calorie partitioning

What's the most reliable way to measure body fat without breaking my wallet?

skinfold caliper($15) and use scooby's bodyfat % calculator with the measurements you get.

I don't have a goal weight, just a goal shape. I'm 183cm so theoretically I'm in the healthy BMI range already, but my gut still sticks out further than my chest.
I'm doing pushups and chinups + cardio.

>tomorrow

well you just explained it yourself, because you are in the healthy weight range losing more weight will take significantly longer.

Nah, I started earlier this week. Feels good man. I think deciding to do it is harder than actually starting. From there it gets better so it's good after that.

'Starvation mode'

Back to tumblr, fatso

This

I lost 100 pounds since last January, and today is the first day I considered going off my diet and back to being a fatty.

I need to lose more weight, but at the end of the day I'm still short, bald, have a tiny dick, and severe crippling autism. There's no "making it" for me in this life.

Damn, dude you're exactly at where I was about three months ago. Good job.

>I'm trying to start tonight

Basically a fatty here with a former background in nutrition and fitness. Went to school for kinesiology, never finished it and went into another profession which has slowly sucked me in, and spit me out. I'm trying to get back to who I used to be and even if it means selling myself out. I don't care anymore, I want to be the old person I used to be. Never change for other people, to be shaped in an image they set for you, I ended up becoming a corporate whore but didn't continue to lift weights, eat right or enjoy my downtime.

>tfw weighed in at 163
>started at 210

Why do you lazy fuckers think this is hard?

I started losing weight at the beginning of the year
at the start i weighed 274lbs and now I'm down to 267lbs
how do i lose fat faster
im eating healthy
i go to the gym 3 times a week
and i do 3 miles on my treadmill every day

>Some of us have emotional issues and can't control the eating
>Bad day at work, yea maybe this pint of ice cream will help
>hour later, plate of rice, with chicken
>10 min later, fuck it more rice
>middle of the night, fuck i have left over chicken in the fridge, might as well finish it up
>breakfast, footlong sub from the store
>repeat

how tall are you? where you at now?

Tfw started 110kgs and went down to 73kgs and then bulked up to 86kgs. We're all gonna make it bros.

I'm not starting tomorrow I am just continuing tomorrow

It's just as hard though

Taking it day by day and week by week really does help

Consistency truly is key

True

I have been cutting for exactly 2 weeks today. It's kind of tiring at times but the thing that keeps me going is that I know the only reason I stuffed my face was to distract myself from life. Now, instead of sugar and sugar, I drink coffee and smoke.

I was doing some nice progress, got down to 88 kg from over 120 but fucked up and now I'm back at 100, I know I shouldn't be eating but it's become visceral after something fucked up my head in the last few months and I found myself with a deficit of dopamine that only food could fill.

Sometimes I find myself with things I'd like to do and enjoy but for some reason I can't feel like enjoying them unless I get myself some trash food first., what the shit.

Started again last month. Managed to drop 40 pounds early last year by keeping a vague calorie count and at least jogging every day, only took a few months. But people like to bring in sweets at my new job and my impulse control is shit. Luckily I've just been maintaining and haven't ballooned back up.

[spoiler]coming back here and reading fat hate threads has helped me keep motivated[/spoiler]

assuming you are not morbidly obese this is an acceptable rate of weightloss. Are you weighing your food and counting your calories? What is your tdee how much kcal do you eat?

this

I am only two weeks in, but the slight differences that I have noticed just from not having a bloated gut and slightly more defined shoulders from the gym make me happy to look in the mirror again

Nope I already started yesterday friend and lost 60kg. My life is now better and getting laid is too easy.

Get on that change asap mate.

>I always measure on saturdays after a morning shit, and it looks something like this

Same bro

But in terms of the stalling thing I wouldn't worry too much about the week to week loss and look month to month thats where you'll see the most progress.

What happened in November? The holidays?

Congratulations on your progress man!

But honestly is right and you need to understand not everyone is as great as you are and some of us developed unhealthy habits while growing up and have to actively unlearn them and then learn good habits so its a lot of work both internally in addition to externally

Yeah I am a month in about 10 lbs lost and if I didn't take it day by day I would've completely given up already

The weekly weigh ins really help too because if you had a good week you'll see progress that keeps you motivated but if you had a bad week you see how it negatively affects your goals and thus motivation lol

Yeah, plus a death in the family right before Christmas. Shit month, but bounced back just fine

>starting tomorrow
>you will never make it
>tomorrow is never here

Am i the only one for laughed at the "Who here starting tomorrow?", meme for like an hour? I'm still laughing.

I have so many problems I don't know where to start.
So first things first. I'm 18, 184 cm tall and weigh about 107 kg now. I don't look too obese but not pretty either..

Everytime i tried to lose weight I sustained for maximum a week and then fell back into old habits of drinking ice tea and chips. My family is no help either as they always buy sweets for me even though I tell them to stop.
Additionally I feel I don't have the time to prepare so many meals cause I'm a student and schools pretty hard here in bavaria (or is that just an excuse I tell myself)

And lastly I eat like a harvester. I just can't fuckin stop. If we have for e.g. Spaghetti and I eat a whole big bowl one hour later I could eat the same amount. There are only rare occasions where I'm totally satisfied.. I don't know if it's hunger or appetite though I can't tell it apart anymore. Is there some snack I could eat throughout the day which isn't really high in calories and works like the good ol "bag of chips"?
I just love snacking I guess

Well that's about it. I'd love to hear advice from you. My goal is to hit 90KG at first. I just don't want to be fat anymore but I'm too stupid to have some fuckin discipline.

>not starting yesterday

Yeah I can see that you got back right on it

But honestly congrats man you've lost a ton of weight you should be super proud. Whats life like now?

I started two weeks ago. Lost 2.5 kilograms so far. Still 57 kgs to lose.

Godspeed everyone.

Get some self control, first of all.

Secondly, meal prep takes me like MAX 2 hours on Sundays but typically way less than that so thats no excuse

Thirdly, if you're a snacker but some healthy low-calorie snacks like carrots or peanuts.

But overall you need to work on your will-power otherwise you're never going to make it

don't post this

don't go into CBTs

don't talk about your 5lbs of weight loss

just fucking do it and report back with progress

l>ow-calorie snacks
>peanuts
pick one

Is there some way to "train" will power? I am just a self loathing asshole. I think of snacks as a way to treat myself although I didn't do anything good.

Is there anything I can do?

I was 245 5'8 in August.

Now I'm 200 today.

Until about a month ago I was dieting only, now I'm walking 5+ miles every day. If I feel too sore to walk, then I lift weights, but I'm mostly focused on cardio atm.

I'm going to make it bro, I can feel it.

Keep it up!

They're filling so a handful keeps me full for a while

No you just realize that food isn't the answer and stop relying on it to make you feel better about yourself.

As a /fatty/ I agree with this. There's no problem with fatty general threads but don't post shit that makes it seem like all the fatties here haven't been working towards losing weight for months now.