How did monarchs deal with crowns being too large or too small to fit on their heads...

How did monarchs deal with crowns being too large or too small to fit on their heads? Was the crown just taken to a royal metalworker to adjust the size?

It's called padding.

Padding and only being worn on rare occasions, if drastic enough they'd remake it suppose

Unrelated, but is there certain times you can wear or not wear a crown outside of ceremonies, if I was the King and I wanted to wear the crown ALL the time, could I?

Sure, why not?

The Sovereign isn't subject to law because he is its maker and law is simply a reflection of his will.
>t. Hobbes

Why would you want to wear it? The shit was uncomfortable to wear, and it was intended to be this way - the crown had to remind the ruler that power is a burden.

Besides, in Europe not even a king was above the law and public opinion. A king violating a time-honored tradition would quickly run into trouble.

>The Sovereign isn't subject to law because he is its maker and law is simply a reflection of his will.

That's BS. Even in France with its super-duper absolutism there was a concept of cardinal laws - laws that even the king cannot alter.

Oh fuck right off

Either dispute his claim of fuck off nigger

Most kingdoms had no official crown, the king just had one custom made. If they had it then the king just wore it during coronation.

Only the crown claim. Although most crowns are fuck heavy, they all had netting that was custom fitted like you wouldn't believe. Perfect weight distribution to the widest part of your skull. They were as comfortable as they could possibly be.

>the crown had to remind the ruler that power is a burden
Stop quoting GoT as historical truth, ya dingus. The only purpose a crown serves is to dazzle and impress and instill a sense of awe into the people

I am not quoting GoT, but actual history from my country and others. Crown, actual crown was fuck heavy. No one wanted to wear all the time. Even on official occasion when the king sat on the throne, the crown often was places besides him on a chair.

>That's BS. Even in France with its super-duper absolutism there was a concept of cardinal laws - laws that even the king cannot alter.
If he is bound by a law greater than him, then he is not the Sovereign, but the one who has the authority to create cardinal laws is.

Yes, the crowns are heavy, I'm just saying the whole
>it's heavy to remind them that regality is a burden
is bullshit

Queen Victoria or any other monarchs after her basically never wear the bloody thing outside rather short appearances in official state ceremonies. And being made of precious metals it's heavy and strains the neck. The crown is ceremonial thing and if monarchs had to wear something all the time it was a small golden band on their head.

Kings were supposed to be subjects of god.

literally queen covered in the latest documentary how the similarity of their heads meant the crown didnt need to be reformed but could only be worn with the head leaning down

>Besides, in Europe not even a king was above the law and public opinion
Its the same across the opposite side of the continent too.

Chinese Emperors are subject to public opinion and laws/customs. Break them too much and the ministers will depose of you and the public will replace you.

There's a difference between theory and practice, obviously.

>in Europe not even a king was above the law and public opinion
depends on the time and place

for example that useless twat Charles II of England could do whatever the fuck he wanted without any repercussions