/fatgen/ losing water weight edition

This is an in progress description and is subject to change. future OPs please add or refine anything you can when making a new thread.

What is /fatgen/: fat newer members of Veeky Forums who want to start eating right and losing pounds.
Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get though it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/body-fat-calculator/
youtube.com/watch?v=O4h8PqxKixc&t=3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This makes me happy I am glad this is continuing

You should start numbering them, it'd be pretty neat to say "I started during thread #x, this is me now during thread #y".

"This was me during thread #1, I was 173kg."
"Here I am, 5 months later, at 175kg"

that could become a large number, but this is the first official thread, so if the next OP wants to call it #2 i don't see a problem with it

Good idea! This is thread #2 for future reference

I thought the gen name would be /fatty/

That's kind of whats been happening the past week or so when it wasn't quite official

It's decided. This is thread #1 (#2)

LMAO

It's the first official one true but the last one felt like the true first one

For the description I don't think it necessarily has to say "newer" members of Veeky Forums There's a lot of fattys here who have been losing weight for months and are still fat

i just made it before the other one archived, i wasn't thinking i guess.
That will be thread #0

(Already posted this on another thread, so if it looks similar to something you already read, then you know why)

Hello! I'm a 170 cm, 110 kg hispanic 18 year old living in Costa Rica, could someone here please help me get my weight down? I would like it to be around 75 kg, apart from the information posted before I will give you some (probably) useful information below

>To mantain this weight TDEE calculators have calculated that ~2500 is what I need to ingest every day

>My BMR is 2088 cal/day

>I have been making 10 squats, 10 sit ups, and 10 push ups every day for about a week now

>I have been eating like 1500 cal/day for about a week now

>Am too poor to afford gym membership

>I have a stationary bike and today I made about 30 min (sitting) at the highest speed I could go

>My diet is heavily prominent in proteins (meat, eggs, lactose, etc...) bread (whole wheat bread), rice (white, cooked in rice cooker), coffe (1-2 cups/day), and assorted veggies and fruit (lettuce, tomatoes, apples, etc...)

What should I do? Thanks in advance

I debated that, you're right. we can iron out the details for the next thread

How much water do you all drink in a day? I drink 2-3 liters a day and I am peeing constantly. How do you cope?

you get used to it. if your pee is clear you are drinking a little too much at once and should slow down.

What do you specifically need to know about? Everything you're doing seems fine

>go from 350 to 200
>have been stuck at 200 since fucking july
>wasnt able to count calories because reasons
>ended up going back up to damn near 215 over the holiday
>finally move out of my last shitty job, into one where the housing actually has a stove and lets me cook food for myself
>go from almost 215 to 205-209 depending on when I weigh myself
>tfw finally starting to make progress again
>tfw no muscle mass
>tfw can't fucking build any muscle mass when I'm cutting
>tfw 20-30 lbs to lose before I can finally, mercifully, stop cutting and start gaining muscle

It's a complicated sort of feel.

I'm so close but so far, brehs.

Went from 175cm 86kg to 70kg on a 1200kcal diet, not disgustingly fat anymore but still quite chubby.

Gonna be cycling 3-4 times a week now and just started the reddit Bodyweightfitness routine (3x a week).
I was thinking about upping my calories to 1800 a day with plenty protein, would that be enough to not hinder my training progress while still losing weight/bodyfat?

I would want to know any recomendations about diet, exercise, and generally how to lose weight... Also, if you are good with people a little help with any of that would be very appreciated, thanks!

How long did it take you to lose the weight?
That's where I am right now and 200 is my goal for now

"/fatty/ is a general thread for all the obese and overweight people on Veeky Forums who need advice and moral support to keep losing pounds.

We all know how hard it is to unlearn unhealthy habits and commit to bettering ourselves. This is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it."

Thoughts?

Sounds good

What did he mean by this?

>Also, if you are good with people a little help with any of that would be very appreciated, thanks!

Every time you initiate a conversation/interaction with someone (or the other way around) look them in the eyes and give them a little smile.
Don't stare at them while grinning over your whole face like a retard, just short and subtle.
Most people are going to be a lot more positive towards you.

Thats all I have.

Not that guy but some people have a hard time focusing on calorie counts when they're going through rough times, anons

sup /fg/

who else is a fat fuckin nerd here?

>pokemon go released last july
>walked like 70 miles in the first week
>lived in the burbs so was dropping mad cash
>havent played it since
>moved to city two weeks ago
>pokestops fucking everywhere
>80 new pokemon released this week

i walked 3 miles yesterday and another 4 today. i need some new goddamn shoes all my sneakers have torn under the pressure of my gigantic calves

reduce your calories a little more. increase your fiber

>He has a phone that can run pokemon go and a data plan that can support it

Look at Mr. Moneybags over here

>diet
Eat lots of protein (Chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, beans), and vegetables. Some fruit are okay and I would avoid carbs

>exercise
If you're going from not moving whatsoever then start small and do the stationary bike for like 30-60 min 4 times a week. Cardio is whats most important to lose weight. You can do pushups and squats and whatnot to warmup/cool down

>general
Drink water!!! Sleep regularly, meal prep, healthy snacks

I wasn't into Pokemon go, but that's a great way to walk if you live in the city

I was living slash working on a place that didn't provide me any place to cook shit for myself. I had to use the communal cafeteria.

I could guess at calories, but it wasn't like I could weigh shit out.

I don't calories count in general I just focus on small portion size and eating healthy so its okay user

>avoid carbs
simple carbs, you mean. Like most bread. complex carbs are great and in every veggie.

Thread #1 (#2?) would be a good place to start, so why the hell not. I'm 6'1", 220lbs. I went to the gym for the first time in about a decade today, and basically all I did was use a cycling machine for a while. I plan to start lifting when I head out again tomorrow. What exercises should I do? Advice?

Fat people have dulled senses. This is reason enough alone to lose weight and get healthy. You will see, smell, hear and taste everything much better.

Yeah I mean processed carbs like pasta and bread

Eat complex carbs anons

About two years.

Good for you user!

I don't lift much so I can only advise you on cardio stuff so how long did you use the bike for?

Squats. I'd also try a couple sets of assisted dips, it'll be hard the first time but it's a lot easier the next time

Try Mr. Rippetoe's intro to strength. make sure to do 5 minutes warm up on a cycling machine before anything. worry about your form before how much you can lift.

>cycling machine

There's a reason they put all the treadmills and cycles in the front of gyms, it attracts retard people who want to lose weight but then stop coming and even they could just get a bike or run outside instead.

To make the most out of your gym use weights and learn to squat, it's the best exercise.

>all my sneakers have torn under the pressure of my gigantic calves

kek

stronglifts or starting strength are the best noob lifter programs. once you get them sweet noob strength gains and dat nice technique you can go on to aesthetics routines. hell you can even make your own routine, shit isnt hard unless your an autist pler who needs crazy efficient workouts/recovery

50 minutes (gym was nearly empty, I'm aware of how hoggish that is), stopped at 10 miles.

This guy doesn't look like obese so I don't know if this applies but for like huge fattys elliptical and bikes are good to reduce pressure on joints and limit injury yes?

source?

Veeky Forums

I wouldn't worry about how hoggish it looks especially for the cardio machines. 30-60 minutes is pretty normal on those.

Thank you! Really! Your tip will be used, I assure you

i think it's an okay primer. i did just cardio until i got a plan so i wouldn't become inactive and blow it off

If I use a cardio machine for a few hours, but there are a lot of the same kind of machine open, is that bad etiquette?

>there are a lot of the same kind of machine open

No you're fine.

Wrong.

Lifting burns more calories than cardio. Your body is perfectly designed for going long distances without using a lot of energy. Lifting heavy stuff not so much.

>got down to my goal weight years ago
>ate right, did cardio and lifted weights
>slipped up and never got back on the wagon now fatter than I've been in ages

I hate that I fucked up so bad but I'm tired of this and I hate not being able to fit into all the clothes I used to wear. Hate having this gut belly.

Experience.

I've gained like 50 lbs in the past 4-5 years so iktf

You just gotta start eating right and exercising again its the only way out

hey man, youve done it once, you can do it again.

>Hate having this gut belly.

i hate my double chin. but every day it gets marginally smaller

Did some research on stronglifts, but that only has me working out 3 times a week, with 4 rest days. That seems like a lot of rest time for 135 minutes a week of exercising. Can I still work out during that rest time, or should I be doing nothing in the gym?

>experience
im gonna go ahead and say i dont believe you

That's fine. And yes you can exercise a little to focus on specific muscles but 3 times a week 4 rest days is average and great for beginners.

I noticed this too. I'm not sure if it's widespread enough to generalize like they did but my own senses sharpened as I got more fit. Especially taste and smell when I ditched most processed carbs and sugary stuff.

Downside: wow, so many people smell bad.

gaining strength and muscle is more about intensity and volume. as a beginner you'll be increasing one of these variables at a time. namely intensity through adding 10 lb to your compounds every day that you can. shit gets you tired af and u need the recovery time. i think you can still do cardio on rest days. just dont do really intense stuff like more lifting or sprinting or whatnot

So stuff like cycling would be fine?

as long as it's not before you lift (except 5 minute warmup) and intense as fuck as that user said.

Hit a weight loss plateau. Been dieting 1500 cals a day, eating a lot of protein, exercising by doing squats and push ups. I'm 285 pounds.

What am I doing wrong?

make sure you're measuring your waist weekly and checking your bodyfat % weekly, you could still be losing fat but not losing weight because of water retention.

I think it could be the 2 tablespoons of soy sauce I put on my rice for dinner. Also thank you user

Whats the best way of losing hip fat?
Im skinny all around except around my stomach and hips.

no problem, I just ordered some calipers myself. scoobysworkshop.com/body-fat-calculator/ heres a good calculator with instructions on where and how to measure, then you just plug in the measurements and get your bodyfat %

You can't lose fat in a specific area (apart from surgery), just gotta get your bf% down.

You can't target fat.

Fat accumulation unfortunately is genetic.

Pff shows what you know, fgt.

if your waist isn't changing check your current TDEE and make sure you are consuming 500 less than that number. if you are consuming less that -500 that could still be a reason.

regular fat loss

ignore that guy, hes a dumb troll. the best way to eliminate hip fat is moving them a lot , pic related

Cardio

RIP /fatgen/

bump

Anyone?
Really not sure if 1800 is too much, enough or even too little.
Or should I just completely give up on significant progress until I reached my goal weight?

>boiling sticky rice, haven't had any in a long time

>check the label

>320 calories for 100 grams

>340 grams

I didn't make it today.

You know its 320kcal per 100g dry rice?
If yes, what the fuck dude, 340g of rice, did you just eat a gigantic fucking bowl plain rice?

Go for a run fatty.

I'm beyond disgusted with all of the shit I've been doing to distract myself from eating -

binge watching Matt Stonie vids until I'm just grossed out
smoking
masturbating

This is fucking ridiculous.

>1500 cals a day,
>I'm 285 pounds

No. Buy a food scale. This violates the laws of physics. Don't say it is right, just accept that it is wrong and look for the reason. There is no human being in the entire fucking world, no genetically anomalous Sherpa... nothing, no one, anywhere - that won't lose weight with the formula you posted.

Alright? So like I said, you are not measuring your food the right way. If you honestly believe that you are doing it truthfully, they you have multiple personality disorder - which is a real thing, and you honestly are blacking out the parts where you eat. Put a camera in your kitchen or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=O4h8PqxKixc&t=3s

have you seen this one?

what is your TDEE? sorry im a little tired and don't want to convert from metric. it sounds fine

I'd try 1500 first and still plan to stay as low-calorie as possible without too much fatigue. As you lose more, your body needs less even with exercise. The last pounds are the hardest to shed.

go for a hike if you live near a national park. it's good fun

Ah I wish. I'm actually tired, thank God. Gonna head to bed. See you future not fatties tomorrow!

>want to lose weight
>most days work 2pm-10pm
>rarely wake up before 11am on work days
>never go to sleep before 4am
My life does not compute.

sleep tight chubber, i was saying during the day senpai

I'm cutting and gaining muscle mass, all noobs can.

>bread (whole wheat bread), rice (white, cooked in rice

Cut this.
Keep going

I ate one of these things. Not doing it again obviously.

go to bed around 11. I know you want to unwind but set an alarm for the morning and use that time to go to the gym and post.

2600 with 3-5 exercise days a week, wich seems pretty high to me.
I know the general rule is TDEE-500 but I doubt I'd lose weight at reasonable speed with 2100kcal a day.

Upping the calories slowly would be a good idea, but how do I know if I am fatigued because I eat too little or just because I am an unfit fatty?
I'd hate to work out with no/little effect because of my diet.

I'm gaining a bit of muscle too but not a lot.

The problem is I'm so fucking weak when cutting.

Doing 5x5 of SL, plus accessories, fucking kills me.

Good a place as any for an opinion. Me currently, 6' 3" @ ~240LB x 15%, fairly broad frame. Still looks like a gut. 5X week HIIT exercise, decent overall, but not sure how far to cut to. Thoughts?

try increasing it for a week to 2100.
It could be your metabolism reacting and slowing down. that's usually how a plateau works. If you gain weight or it stagnates after that then try lowering it if possible.

I'm rooting for you user, you are at one of the hard bridges into losing weight, a plateau is very upsetting, but you'll overcome it if you have patiences

You will be fatigued but if you are still losing between 1 and 2 pounds per week average, you'll know the eating is right. Jumping up to 1800 will almost for sure be too much because your newbie workouts won't be intense enough to cover that. If you add calories slowly you'll never be out of the weight loss loop rather than adding them to 1800 only to discover that you need to reduce them again. If tired and losing faster than 2 pounds per week for more than 2-3 weeks, add some more calories.