Balding thread

Can we have a balding thread? Anyone here dealing with hair loss? I have some. Its not noticeable to anyone but me, but that wont last long. Im interested in keeping it as long as possible.

Anyone else fighting the good fight? Shaving is not an option.
I'd like to hear about peoples experiences with finasteride, pumpkinseed oil etc.

Just shave it bro faggots feel free to statham post if it helps you cope.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23392889
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18489269
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've been taking saw palmetto for 2months, been using nizoral, taking biotin, eating healthier, and barely fap. I have no idea how much anything is helping.

saw palemtto is suppose to have measurable effect after 6 months so we'll see. will probably take the L if im still thinning in a year.

What norwood are you?

>Its not noticeable to anyone but me, but that wont last long

good bait, could be a little more subtle

norwood 2 at 22. i know real baldies would kill for how much hair i have but it still bugs me. havnt gotten any comments so far. it honestly just looks like a regular dad hairline at this point

>tfw 26 and possibly balding
>tfw too terrified of sides from taking finasteride
>tfw just using argan oil shampoo/condition and air wash spray

can't tell if it's effective.

Pic is not me.

I've been on fin for 4 months now. No sides. Hair is much thicker coming in. I noticed the hair on the back of my hands was thinning too... i guess that counts as a side.

I've been bald at 20. 23 now. Just shave it and grow some stubble. You might have a fucked up head shape, but that is miles better than having long balding hair. That just looks like you cant come to terms with it.

I thought op told you to fuck off.

Go read one punch man, you statham worshipping picardesque lex luther wanna be costanza clone.

If you have no family history of balding but still are lossing hair check your hair care products for sodium lauryl sulfate. Switched it out and my hair stopped falling out over night and is now slowly coming back in.

Also check your tooth paste for it because it can give you mouth sores

>statham woshipping
No, but clean shaving your entire fucking head makes you look like a vulture.
Or you can ingest tons of fucking "cures" for balding, wasting your money, never getting results and possibly fucking up your body because you're so insecure

>friend has been going bald since he was 15
>finally shaved his head
>doesn't look like a 50 year old accountant with a baby face anymore

That's hand cancer nothing to do with fin, rip in piece

Ffs SRS do not listen to these just shave it bro fucking losers. Misery loves company they're just pissed they didn't hop on the big 3 soon enough to save themselves, literally no woman fantasises about bald men.

OP look up the big 3 and hop on it, on fin just over a year and no sides. I got on very early so there are no signs of balding at all

Hey user listen here's what you have to do:

>1: Kill yourself, or die a virgin.
>2: You removed your defective genes from the gene pool, congrats

This.

Balding looks much worse than being bald.

We're talking about people who still have hope here. If you're at the point where "just shave it bro" is the answer you can retire to the norwood cemetery and be silent.

i shaved it its the only realistic economical option.

Is less than 10 bucks a month unrealistic for you?

Whats 10 bucks a month

fin. Even less depending on the source.

Just shave it. lmao. You are literally wasting time and money and possibly negatively affecting your health just to desperately cling on to some strands of dead cells that most likely don't look very good anyway. If you have a good face and jaw you will still look good bald, if not, well, that's life son, you mope over it and move on.

Misery loves company.

too many side effects

>implying you're any less miserable rubbing your scalp with oily chemicals, taking a drug cocktail every morning, looking in every mirror you pass to make sure your comb-over isn't messed up, seeing people's eyes dart up to your hairline and wondering if they're judging you, and feeling your stomach sink any time you walk past a 70 year old geezer with a perfect, thick head of hair who's probably never even heard of propecia

You're delaying the inevitable, bub. You're a slave to circumstances utterly beyond your control. I pity you.

Have you ever tried fin? People on the internet are hysterical about the side effects. I saw a person claim he got gyno three days after taking fin.

Any medical journal on the subject. Even the most damning ones put the rate of ANY side effects at around 5% with those subsiding over the course of a month of two.

Peppermint essential oil at 3% concentration had regrowth (98%) while minodixil had only 55% regrowth. Peppermint also doesn't destroy your dick, so there's food for thought.
I'm going to be embarking on testing that to see how well it works and will report back in a few months

Actually my hair still looks great. I just recognized a problem before it got out of hand and have seen great results.

Sorry about your hair.

Use toppik. No one can tell you have it and I even use it in the gym.

>Actually my hair still looks great. I just recognized a problem before it got out of hand and have seen great results.

kek. The classic, delusional cope.

Will my regular doctor give it to me? What are the sides?

No really. It's all there. I just saw some miniaturization happening on the sides and managed to reverse it.

Maybe. Depends on the doctor.

The main side listed is erectile dysfunction (around 3% of cases)

i'll never see a girl nude anyways so I dont care about my dick not working. Just dont want it to hurt my gains

I've been using fin and minoxidil once every night for the last 13 months. Fin alone has regrown one of my receeded temples and I'm going to give my other side a little more timr before using minox on it. Went from a visible bald patch on my crown to the part Ive always had. No sides at all.

Fuck retards who tell you to shave. Try the meds and see if you're a responder. My whole routine costs less than 20 bucks a month and takes about 5-10 minutes every night.

I recommend you do your own research on this. The incidence of ED is actually barely higher than the general population without fin.

As for gains I can't find any information for or against gains on fin. It seems that the 5AR hormone that is affected by the drug is not active in the muscles or skeleton so it shouldn't changed bodybuilding performance.

So much this.

People screaming that fin will kill your dick are either
A: parroting some stupid post they read
B: Trolls
C: Norwood 7's bitter that they waited too long to save their hair.

The thing with fin though is when you stop your hair falls out, what are the dosages for it? How often you take it. If my regular doctor wont give ti to me who will?

I take 5mg of proscar. It's cheaper that way. I cut up the pill in 1/4ths (So 4 1.25mg doses) and have one a day. I think most doctors would prescribe it if you ask for it, but barring that, a dermatologist or hair transplant surgeon may prescribe it.

Stopping fin brings your hair back to the point where it would be if you had never taken it. I don't wanna test it though.

You can also just buy it off the net.

where?

this

Depends on the country. Google it. I live in Japan and there's no shortage of sites.

if you think that you have a problem, then it is probably too late. Thig light hair at top of the head is very noticable and if you are under 30 it is most likely looks ridiculous, cause your face is young.
[spoiler]Also none of this stuff works[/spoiler]

>Just shave it bro faggots feel free to statham post if it helps you cope.
LOL as he asks for help coping with his shite hair - also lose the glasses you complete faggot.

Just how light are you imagining my hair? I can assure you the average person notices nothing wrong with my hair. Hell my hair right now pretty much where it was when I left high school.

>Also none of this stuff works

Are you implying finasteride doesn't work? That's a ridiculous claim.

>Peppermint essential oil
doesn't peppermint reduces T levels?

I'm currently taking Saw Palmetto, Pumpkin Seed Oil, biotin, and minoxidil.
Fuck finasteride.
I also used to dye my hair once a month which I think is what made it start to fuck up as well.

desu though i'm shedding and losing more hair now than I ever was, but at the same time, my hair is thicker now than it was before I started my regimen.
I am legit shedding like 30 hairs in the shower every time I take one, but somehow my hair is thicker now than it was before I was shedding 5 hairs in the shower.

Also I think I have maybe a month or two left of minoxidil before the 3 month mark is up and the shedding is supposed to stop, and then that's when your hair is supposed to start getting really thick.

I have a good future of hair coming my way desu.
I was never bald but my hair just started thinning a little and my hair line did recede a bit so I knew if I was going to do something then I shouldn't wait.

all that shit and you aren't even taking finasteride

what a fucking waste

Donald trump, leader of the free world takes fin and look how good he looks for 70

Started balding in this last year. I've started consistently keeping my hair shorter (think high and tight) and using argan oil shampoo that my gf was already using. My hairline has either stopped receding or is just less noticeably receding. But genetics are genetics, bud. You're either gonna lose it or you're not.

Isn't it a bit early to throw in the towel?

Not gonna try fin?

>paying for boner killing pills
nah im good, i'll just shave my head because im not a pussy

Have fun wondering what could have been. I'm off to buy hair gel and combs.

Oh, dicks still fine btw.

I've got an objective 8/10 locked in for life, making damn good money doing my dream job, and have 0 issues with my image. I see no need to waste my money.

i don't wonder about what could have been because im not a beta that places that much importance on hair, enjoy your fleeting hairline while it lasts because it wont last long.

Just bought fin from a shady online pharmacy. Hope i don't die

I'm sure you'd place value on your hair too, if you had any.

I stopped caring about my hair 6 years ago, you will too eventually when all the dick killing pills and meme treatments stop working, they always do. They're designed to make you spend money but your hair will not last.

He's right you know.

The most damaging bit about balding is how obsessive it makes some people about it. Look on a balding website, there are people on there taking research chems who have devoted thousands of hours to trying to save their hair and in the end it probably still looks like they're balding.

Just shaving it saves you the indignity of obsession.

I will say though that if you're in your 20's and balding it probably is worth giving moderate dose fina, minox and nizoral combo a go. Most people are fine on fina and those who don't usually get some warning to get the fuck off it and it might buy you a few years. Once you're past 30 it's much more socially acceptable to have some level of balding, esp if its only receeding

>dick killing pills

You keep using that phrase yet here I am clasping an erection 13 months on and responding to your inane post.

Have you even tried fin?

Any correlation between balding and tapping

Meant fapping

No.

In my experience having a well balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle is essential. When I was younger (like 21-22) I had a terrible diet and did not eat enough calories. Also I did not move a lot and was stressed out all the time. My hair started falling out like crazy. Nowadays it gotten way better and my hair is even fuller that some time ago. I eat healthy, run, go to the gym and I am not constantly stressed out. But this is of course just my brosience. Don't know if that applies to everyone. Good luck.

yeah the correlation is bald men are cucks so they're more likely to be proponents of no fap as it helps them feel they have control of any part of their life.

Seriously if you see bald spots just shave it or go really short. Pics like OP make me want to shave that guy myself.

Hurr durr everyone talking about balding is literally in the terminal pedo hair stage, most people asking are at the very start, just noticing slight thinning at the sides. If they hop on the big 3 they will reverse it. Nobody is suggesting getting on fin if your head is a graveyard

This. People here wrongly assume the hair loss people here are talking about is even noticeable to most people.

The thing is most people like to deny and deny and deny the fact they are balding until it's too late. At which point they assume everyone else was naive enough to be in denial about it as long as them.

Hey I'm only 19 and I've been noticing more hair falling out ore then usual in the shower for the past several months. Does it look like I've begun to bald? If so how do I reverse/stop this? Are there any non medicinal ways of reversing/stopping the process? I've been wearing a hat for about 6-7 hours every weekday for my job since about September, could that have anything to do with this?

i mean .. hairless is noticeable.

it only takes a 2 second glance to determine someone is starting to bald.

even if your hair is full as fuck, glistening, cum moisturised, looks perfect

one glance at the hairline n what it's doing and you know.

You have some minor temple recession. But yeah, that looks like some fairly early balding.

I think you underestimate just how early I caught it. I was more of a diffuse pattern anyway.

Not sure if this is just me or if there is any science to back this up but I've noticed taking cold showers has helped stop the shedding. Theyre better for your health anyway so you should be taking them.

>cold showers

Probably all that fedora tipping excited your hair follicles and encouraged them to grow.

Taurine More Effective Than Finasteride For Hair Loss
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23392889
"... Although astressin-B and finasteride are two prominent drugs to treat alopecia, the data in this study suggest that taurine may work better than the two anti-alopecia agents against hair loss caused particularly by stresses. These results strongly implicate that taurine might alleviate the chemical stress to help hair root cells to sustain their integrity. "

"... Considering hair loss causes adolescent to suffer devastating emotional stress, the significance of safe, effective anti-alopecia agent cannot be overstated. Development of screening systems for anti-alopecia agents is very important. This study used C. elegans to evaluate astressin-B, finasteride, and taurine in terms of anti-stress potential. All of them helped with restoring the affected vital signs in C. elegans which was subjected to ER stress. Among the three agents, taurine exerts better results and may be used as an anti-alopecia agent especially against the one caused by stress."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18489269
"Taking advantage of the ability of human hair follicle grown in vitro to recapitulate most of the characteristic features of normal hair follicle in vivo, we studied (i) taurine uptake by isolated human hair follicles; (ii) its effects on hair growth and survival rate; and (iii) its protective potential against transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1, an inhibitor of in vitro hair growth and a master switch of fibrotic program. We showed that taurine was taken up by the connective tissue sheath, proximal outer root sheath and hair bulb, promoted hair survival in vitro and prevented TGF-beta1-induced deleterious effects on hair follicle."

I'm 19 at the moment, and I've had a receding hairline and thin-ish hair since I was 16. Hair around the hairline is thin, but towards the centre of the head it is thick.

It has stayed like this for 3 years now. Will it get worse in my 20s?

If I start balding I don't know what I'll do, I would trade all my gains and money for hair

take at least 5 grams of taurine daily.

I have the opposite problem, my hair is stupidly thick so I have to get a buzz cut regularly otherwise it looks ridiculous.

Genuinely wouldn't care if I went bald

I'm not saying they'll give you super powers but it's proven they could help with your heart health.

STOP.

This is a study on stress induced alopecia. It is unrelated to male pattern baldness. Of course it would be more effective than fin in the case of stress induced alopecia. It works on a completely different mechanism.

>be 23 balding
>interested in one girl
>ask mutual female "friend" to snoop for information
>"I just couldn't be with user, he's balding and I don't want that" - her literal words
>my female "friend" says she is sorry
>"You'll find someone one day"
>be 26 now
>even more blad
>single
>going out just to hear
>"Wow you really lost so much hair user, so sorry teehee XD who is your handsome friend?"
>introduce Chad to them
>go home drunk
>cry

At 24 it started to get really noticeable. At 27 I decided to shave and grow a beard.
Feels good to not have to worry anymore about haircuts and if weather may affect it.
Also very cheap, no more shampoo or barber.

I can only cringe looking back at my attempts at hiding going bald.

>shave and grow a beard

and now you look like a nu-male

Shave and beard, how unique

r/bald

Just get buff as fuck and blast a shit ton of gear until you look so alpha you make chad look like a twink

Fin made me impotent. AMA

Us bald guys have to wait til our 30s when everyone else is going bald (and happily married with their wives they got to pick from when they had hair) to have a chance with women

Are you sure it was fin? I see people blame importance on everything here

Name a better option

No beard? It's become a parody of itself.

>Hurr durr shave and grow a beard

Say goodbye to the fresh tight 18-22 year old pussy, anything else is used up and shitty so they'll settle for you numale looking fags

9 year fin user here, dick is still good. I think a lot of people fail to notice that the age at which most men start to take fin is the same age at which they would start to feel lower test and potential ED. The chance of getting permanent ED from fin is incredibly remote, you've probably got more chance of dying in a plane crash.

This

Fin has that too good to be true feel to it but it honestly delivers

It gave me horrible sides though.

>tfw big forehead + matured hairline

I not sure if my temples will keep receding, I'm only 24 and my hair is still pretty thick and healthy but I've definitely noticed that my temples have receded.

100% sure it was fin.

Had rock hard erections every day of my life to age 33. Had plenty of life problems - career, family, etc - but could always console myself that I could at least get rock hard at will. Then I got on fin and the sides kicked in - which I expected. They're not pleasant but they would last only as long as I chose to be on fin, so why not try it, right?

Then one day, after about three months, an unexpected side kicked in and it freaked me out. I noticed that my foreskin was hanging lower than before: my cock was literally shrinking. My penis lost a cm in length when flaccid and 3 cm when hard. A diminished sex drive I can deal with, but a smaller dick? No fucking way am I messing with that, so I got off the fin expecting to rebound. Months rolled past and the symptoms persisted. Very low libido, erectile dysfunction, a smaller penis, and, oddly, a loss of lean body mass, especially around the legs; I'd wake up in the mornings and my legs would feel numb. They still do. My penis also feels numb. Orgasms are 15-20% of what they used to be, in terms of intensity. Semen volume down by 70%. Dribbles out whereas before I could shoot a meter, no problem. Obviously my nuts shrank too. And they ache.

I was on no other drug.

This was about five years ago and the sides never went away. The sides are temporary for many men but not all men. A small fraction of us never recover. The medical literature at the did NOT disclose this, but stated just the opposite. I'm part of a class action suit right now as a result.

I can use Cialis but without a libido to back it up or even orgasms worth experiencing, it's kind of pointless.

Anyway, keep asking away if you're interested.

Oh and I forgot the best part, since I got off fin, my hair has continued thinning. So now I'm on the road to going bald AND my junk is busted. Thanks, Merck.

One bit of advice I can give guys who are thinking of getting on it is this: use a very low dose. Half or even a quarter of the recommended 1mg dosage because research indicates that a low dose has a far lower chance of inducing negative side-effects while being just a effective in terms of preventing hair loss. If I had done that, my life situation may have turned out very differently.

Take something from my experience, fellas. Make it count for something.

I'm on saw palmetto and minox. Asked my doctor about fin, she said I'm too young for it (20) so she opted for saw palmetto. Seems to have stopped the hair loss.

Rather than taking some drug cocktail to keep hair, is there anything that can permanently fasten hair loss? Norwood 3 and struggling.

>minox

I've used minox and it works well. It's just messy and a nuisance to use. Also can flake giving you a dandruffy look. Not good. Just bathe your head in it before you go to bed and wash it out the next morning.