Dirty Gym Beggar

Hey Veeky Forums, longtime lurker. Here is a snapshot of my last 2 months:

>graduated college
>finally broke up with manipulative and horrible girlfriend
>moved 3 states away to live in an apartment with my best mate
>grandmother got into car accident, I had to fly to her city, take care of her, and clean up her deathtrap of an apartment singlehandedly (she is a severe hoarder and she has lived in this apartment for 50 years-you can't even imagine the yelling), all on my own dime

So now I just got to the place I’ve been paying rent for. I’m in a new city with no job, almost no money (I pretty much don’t have any hope of making March rent), no dog (my ex kept the dog I had raised from a puppy because the adoption papers are under her name), and-not nearly worst of all but still bad-no gym.

pic very, very related

Up until this point I had just used my college gym. The iron helped get me out of a depression years ago, and not having that outlet really sucks. However, I never appreciated how expensive membership is. I only have a Gold’s, Anytime Fitness, and random small gyms (think obnoxious class-based places like Orangetheory) near me. The cheapest is Anytime fitness, at ~$60/month. If any of you rich motherfuckers wants to chip in a few bucks, I swear I will put it toward the gym and not less important things like rent or food. If I can’t completely cover the cost of a month, I’ll buy a pull up bar or something. Right now I have a yoga mat, ab wheel, and 25 pound dumbbell.

Stats for reps:

>haven’t lifted for 6 weeks, so who knows how accurate this is
>bench: 235
>squat: 275
>deadlift: 335
>OHP: 135

Other urls found in this thread:

calisthenics-parks.com/spots/1485-en-seattle-exercise-park-outdoor-gym-centennial-park
yelp.com/search?find_desc=Parks With Pull Up Bars&find_loc=Seattle, WA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I’ve been putting in job applications, but without being there to go to interviews it’s difficult. I’ve been turning some profit doing random craigslist things (most recently I did a few peoples’ math quizzes on Coursera for a few hundred), but the profits are very thin. If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated. I’m trying to get a regular 9-5 and a part time second job for a few evenings a week or some other way to make money. Seriously though, anything short of selling ass.

>pic related, it’s my bank account

If it makes a difference, I graduated with a degree in Biology and a shitload of lab experience (3+ actual years in labs). I might try to go for an MPH eventually, go into healthcare law, or try to get into pharma if anyone has any tips/career counseling.

If anyone has any job/profitable suggestions for Seattle, that's where I am currently based. Hell, even any smaller cheaper gym ideas.

If you haven't donated plasma yet, you can make an easy 100-150 bucks in your first two visits and about 30-50 twice a week after that. Took me 3 hours for the initial exam/donation and 1-2 hours for the couple times I went after that.

Seattle itself, or one of the smaller cities around it/across the lake?

You know I actually looked into that a while back-I was totally going to do it buy then I heard people saying you can get track marks from that. I donate blood and I've spent enough time in ambulances and hospitals to know it's going to a decent cause (albeit through the plasma bank jews), but I also don't want to look like a drug addict.

Capitol Hill. Not the cheapest place to live, but my friend happened to be breaking up with his girlfriend and looking for a new roommate right at the time I made my escape from mine-worked out pretty well.

Gold's wanted to charge me something like $400 activation + $70/month--I had to say something really dumb and make my escape like a spaghetti-filled animal.

Anyone around? I'll probably bump a few more times before I give up and keep applying.

Maaaybe once more.

Alright, last time. I'll monitor until it dies.

May your plateaus be steps, your test high, and your gains goblin-free.

Oh shit, the last thread on Veeky Forums has gone almost 4 hours without a reply, I'm not going to be on that long. If anyone reads this ever, I use a dumpster pay pal for my craigslist shenanigans.

It's just linked to a gmail called godhelpmygains

Bumping for you.

Wow, thanks. I can tell stories, make shitty things in paint, etc. I'm keeping an eye on craigslist, monitoring this, and attempting to write a decent cover letter for Fred Hutch so I can maybe swing a cancer research job.

The new city is a nice change of pace, and I'm living with my best friend, but goddamn do I miss my dog.

Bumping for universal gym love.

Alright, it's past midnight here and I want to be refreshed tomorrow to make good progress. Take it easy all, I'll check back tomorrow if this is still up.

Check the YMCA out if there's one near you, you can talk down the price as long as you're poor enough. Though I imagine living in the city there's parks where you can do calisthenics so see if there's any of that near you. Just do dips and pull ups until you get your life in order, being outside will probably be better for your mental health too.

calisthenics-parks.com/spots/1485-en-seattle-exercise-park-outdoor-gym-centennial-park

yelp.com/search?find_desc=Parks With Pull Up Bars&find_loc=Seattle, WA

Good thinking, good advice.

Hey I live on Capitol Hill too

Gl brah

Actually you know what, I feel for you bro. I'm not gonna transfer money to some dude online, but meet me in front of QFC between 1-1:30 tomorrow and I could spare some cash if you're a real person.

I would love to help you out but im struggling myself lad.

Fucking hell, $60/month for anytime is ridiculous, are you out in California? Anytime costs 10/month here in Texas. Golds 20.

Well shit, I'm not about to turn that down, although I'm already internally cringing at meeting someone at my low point. If I actually meet you, you'll have to give me your venmo or something so I can pay you back down the line-I won't take in person charity.

Heh, that's the Gold's I had to slink away from.

Good news on the craigslist front though-I got a dog walking deal, $15/day for a 20 minute walk right in my area. It's not much, but it's definitely something to do outside every day while I put the apps out there, and dog.

I also wrote a cover letter for a Fred Hutch lab, here's hoping that comes through. I'll aim for a half dozen more tomorrow.

Nah, I'm in Seattle.

That's nuts, don't take those prices for granted.-that's what I expected, so I just went marching into my local Gold's like the goddamn Nazis in Paris and said I'd like to get a membership. 45 seconds later I'm sitting there with a clipboard asking me if I want to pay a $250 activation and then $70/month or if I'd like to save by bundling 6 or 12 months in advance.