This is driving me crazy

This is driving me crazy.

Everywhere I read, it says rice usually weighs between 180 - 200 grams for 1 cup. But when I fill all of my 1 cup's with the rice I just cooked it weighs out to be around 130 grams.

1 cup is supposed to be 242 calories.
190 grams is supposed to be 276 calories.
130 grams is supposed to be 189 calories
(I worked this out via reading the nutrition label)

How am I supposed to know what is correct? Does my rice weigh less because I cook it using the absorption method instead of standard boiling?

It's Brown Basmati rice.

what you're weighting the rice after you've cooked it? that is such an impractical and inaccurate method weight it first you degenerate

also how would you rate brown basmati? I've been on basmati for years and love it but I want to up my fibre intake, can't really stand the taste of regular brown rice.

the rice grains get bigger after cooking because they absorb water?????

weigh it uncooked

Stop being a faggot and caring so much go suck a dick you idiot I hope you die why don't you love me like you did before you don't even look at me when we fuck

The nutrition label literally only gives me the values for COOKED rice.

It states "1 servering is approx 250g. (1 and 1/2 cup of cooked rice = 1/2 uncooked rice" then says "Per serving (cooked)" for all of the values such as calories, etc.

see

Oh and yeah brown basmati tastes really good. I much prefer it to regular brown rice and don't notice any taste difference between white basmati and brown basmati.

Your writing style is... interesting

>weighting food after cooking

topkek. no wonder you people can't track calories worth shit

really ? it tastes the same? fuck worth that extra 1$ then cheers, also rice is pretty universal bro these companies aren't making the rice and shouldn't be adding anything, it's like a friut/vege you can just look up what it's nutritional value is and go off weight.

>zero reading comprehension.

The nutrition label literally only gives me the values for COOKED rice.

It states "1 serving is approx 250g. (1 and 1/2 cup of cooked rice = 1/2 uncooked rice)" then says "Per serving (cooked)" for all of the values such as calories, etc.

Understand my issue now?

>really ? it tastes the same?
To me it does and I've never liked brown rice in my entire life.

>also rice is pretty universal bro these companies aren't making the rice and shouldn't be adding anything, it's like a friut/vege you can just look up what it's nutritional value is and go off weight.

Yeah but now I've already got it cooked and don't know how many calories I'll be eating and I'm cutting. I don't know if the method I used to cook the rice (Absorption) would effect the rice's weight when cooked (Absorption method rice is really light and fluffy (like at Asian restaurants), boiled rice is heavier and mushy).

I just want to know how much I'm eating and getting really confused because they decided to list values cooked, the rice is already cooked, etc.

who /jasmine/ here?

are this this dense?

google the nutritional info for dry rice and just weight it dry, the only thing you're adding by cooking it is fucking water

You're a fucking autist and you're not going to go over your calorie intake by injecting too much fucking rice.

In any case, the obvious answer is you go by weight to calories, not the fucking cup. You can jam however much rice you want in a cup, go by the actual weight. And it doesn't matter how much the internet says it should weigh, go by what it weighs.

>these idiots are the ones who go full retard about their calorie intake

Then either look up the nutritional facts on the internet or weigh it before and after cooking and figure out how much the weight increases.
What the FUCK is this thread? You're fucking retarded.

enjoy all those extra calories fatty

/basmati/ boys we out

It's already cooked. What now?

Also, different types of rice have different values.

I'm literally cutting on 1600 calories so every little bit does actually count.

Are you a woman or a hyper manlet?

My metabolism is fucked up. I'm 5'8. When I eat 1800 I was maintaining. When I ate 2000 I was gaining.

For about a year or more I was living on only about 800 calories a day. I think it ruined my metabolism.

Once again the metric system proves itself best.
Seriously though, 'a cup'??
Why are Americans so clinically fucking retarded? Holy shit this pisses me off.
'A cup' can vary to an insane degree, but 100 grams will always be 100 grams.
Why are Americans so subhuman?
And don't get me started on the inbred Brits with their 'stones' and what not.

How heavy are you?

a cup is actually a measurement of volume... it's 250ml

Explain how a cup of cooked rice can dramatically change weight?

198lbs or 90kgs because after only eating 800 calories or so for over a year, I went back to eating normally (about 2300 calories a day which is what I used to maintain on before I was only eating 800 a day) and I gained 100lbs in a year or less. My metabolism hasn't fixed itself since.

You're not supposed to use that for things that leave large gaps though. You wouldn't grab a cup of roast beef and try and figure out exact calories. You would weigh it. Something you admitted you did and for whatever stupid reason you think that it's not right.

I hope you're also not using a cup for your chicken. No wonder you're blaming your metabolism when you don't even know what you're taking in for calories

He's not OP.

The cup is there to place the rice inside of. The scales which the cup is placed on is used to measure the weight, are you that dense? It's literally in the picture.

But take flour for example. You can fill the cup up to 250ml, then press it down and fill it up even more. You would still get 250ml from reading the measurement, but could be 20 grams more flour in it.

And before you ask, this is something I experienced when staying with my american friends family.
I like cooking and his mother thought me some nice recipes, but she did the 'compressing' thing. She actually wasn't that fat tho.

I don't think you know how to count calories.

And you're telling me you were 98 pounds and then let yourself get obese? Ehhhh

I got you bro, 5'9 stalling at 1750, gonna make it 1500 and finish quickly.

I was sedentary and depressed.

The op is literally having a problem with wondering if he should go by a cup of rice or the actual weight because the internet told him a cup weighs this much.

Are you that dense?

I'm the OP you retard, the person you thought was OP isn't him. You're retarded.

My friend uses the measuring cup when he cooks rice. We got into an argument about cups vs grams. The result was that he sometimes used almost 30 to 40 grams more rice than was labeled in a 'cup'.
If you are cutting and want to be precise with calories, a fucking CUP will fuck that up.

...I was weighing in grams. I stated that if you google how many GRAMS should be in a cup it says a dramatically different number to what I am getting.

where did he state he is measuring using cups?

If you're op then you shouldn't call other people retarded at all.

>what should I go by, a cup or the literal fucking weight?
>I'm an obese manlet who gained 100 pounds in a year
>I blame my metabolism and I ate 800 calories a day and am admitting that was a very stupid thing if everything I say is correct

You don't even know what measurement to use op, don't tell me you can accurately count calories.

In the op. It's bothering him that his scale doesn't say the same thing as the internet says it should so he had to make a thread to ask about it. It's all there

He's probably sitting there with a cup of rice waiting for the answer to the thread so he knows if it's safe to eat or not.

Show me where I can't count calories correctly genius?

You're really getting to me by putting words in my mouth, stating I'm trying to measure using fucking measuring cups and how I should use weight (which is what I was fucking doing) I stated that if you fucking read it states 1 cup should weigh between 180 - 200 grams on average, yet the amount I have in it only weighs 130 grams. This is odd, is it not? Is it not odd that literally every other person on the internet comes to a similar conclusion about how much it should weigh and mine is dramatically different?

It's not odd at all. This isn't a mystety worthy of the Scooby Gang, your rice weighs 130 grams. How you packed your rice is different than how the internet (who obviously have varying degrees of packing as evidence by the 20 grams difference) packs rice. You pack your fudge just a little looser.

And you're autistic as shit. What you're eating weighs what you're eating. It doesn't matter what the internet says you're eating. The fact that this is really bothering you to a point of questioning and taking pictures of it tells me you can't count calories because you've likely been going by "a cup of rice" for some time and it only took you now to question it.

Plus you gained 100 pounds in a year eating "2300" calories. Let's just say you're not an expert at math

>The fact that this is really bothering you to a point of questioning and taking pictures of it tells me you can't count calories because you've likely been going by "a cup of rice" for some time and it only took you now to question it.

No, it's because I want to be 100% sure and I've been eating wholewheat pasta instead the last couple months.

>Plus you gained 100 pounds in a year eating "2300" calories. Let's just say you're not an expert at math

So you think if you went from only eating about 800 calories a day for over a year to eating 2300 calories a day it wouldn't have any effect on you? kek.

maybe you got jewed out of a full cup? this thread is retarded.

counting is stupid bro! u dont need to count anythin!

That's why you're retarded though. You are still defending your use of cups in this thread. It's like you were presented with a deeply confounding moral choice when in reality it's simply the right and very wrong answer.

Not 100 pounds of difference. You should be losing weight at 2300 calories a day around 20-30 pounds ago. It's pretty obvious you can't count worth shit. You can't count and you can't problem solve. You also can't grow or properly bulk either. Is there anything you can do besides being fat?

>Is there anything you can do besides being fat?

I'll come show you ;)

>You should be losing weight at 2300 calories a day around 20-30 pounds ago.

not true at all

he said the package listed cups not grams btw for cooked

At 5'8 168 you need 2367 calories to maintain your weight at the lowest exercise option.

Ie, it is exactly true. You managed to gain 30 more pounds eating at maintenance for 168 pounds.

And you mean to tell me you were counting calories for 2300 and you gained 100 pounds and didn't even think that you should rethink your eating habits?

How retarded are you? What the fuck would even be the point of counting calories if you're just going to get obese doing it?

>not every cup is the same
>every person is the same though

lol

>Also, different types of rice have different values.

those tiny differences are inconsequential.

the thing is, dry rice is always dry rice, and 100 grams of dry rice will always net you around 360 kcal.

but cooked rice depends a lot on your cooking method - 100g of dry rice might cook into 250g of cooked rice, or 400g of cooked rice, depending on how much water you use and how long you cook it. that's why measuring weight of cooked rice is inaccurate and inconsistent for nutrition computation.

You do realize you can change your maintenance level based on the amount of food you eat right?

>What the fuck would even be the point of counting calories if you're just going to get obese doing it?

Because I've already lost 30lbs counting calories, genius.

Are you a soft malleable substance that leaves air pockets that can be packed down to weigh something 10 times over easily?

No, you're just a fat manlet who can't count. But beside that, you let yourself gain 100 pounds while actively counting your calories per your admission. How redundant and stupid

You seem really emotionally invested for something you have no idea about

Nothing in that post would indicate I didn't know that.

Based on his stats though he should have, key word should have stopped gained weight a while ago. Especially when his maintenance went up.

But even without that, he should have rethought his diet considering how much weight he was gaining

>you let yourself gain 100 pounds while actively counting your calories per your admission.

I never said this at all, this is why it's clear you're delusional and emotionally unstable. You're making up things I never said like a woman in an argument.

I never said I was counting the calories while I was gaining the weight.

If I said that, please show me where I said that?

If you're going to show me that I said "2300" that was an estimate because you know, I've counted calories for a really long time which is why I've lost 30lbs already, which is why before I went through a time in my life where I was shit, I was 8% body fat at 150kg

Wait, are you telling me you were 5'8 228 pounds at one point?

Or was 198 your max?

198 was the max.

Why are there people in the thread pretending to be me?

Repeatedly throwing out "2300 calories a day" in a thread about counting calories sends out a mixed message. Don't act like it's my fault I took that literally when most of what I'm saying is that you were not eating that little amount of food.

And I was correct. Shocking.

Also

>8 percent bodyfat
>150 kg

Hard to see why anyone would think you're a tad bit slow

Is it really that hard to interpret a mistake for you?

>Don't act like it's my fault I took that literally when most of what I'm saying is that you were not eating that little amount of food.

Except I literally was eating that amount of food. I have a memory, I can go back and count exactly what I've eaten in the past. Your stupidity baffles me.

I was ROUGHLY eating that amount of food, don't want you to sperg out again

By ROUGHLY. I mean anywhere between 2000 and 2500 a day. It's not likely I'd ever go over that but most days it was very much in the middle.

If you're not using one of these you're not really eating rice. This thing changed my life.

>roughly
>2 results

Goal posts be moving

that rice is overcooked af

you're repulsive

>af

When will new year resolutioners leave

You're legitimately brain dead.

m8, you do realize peoples tdee can vary quite a bit based on metabolism, right? it's not as simple as plugging it into a calculator and that will be correct 100% of the time. There are people with such an efficient metabolism that they will absorb 2000 calories out of 2050 consumed. tdee calculators dont take into efficiency of your digestion system, thats why you have to experiment after doing the calculation yourself.

It's why 2 men of the same height and weight will differ if you feed them the exact same diet. One might lose weight and the other will maintain, or whatever, because their digestive system can be wildly different based on their flora

Rice cookers are objectively shit if you know how to cook. They are for incompetents who have mastered the culinary art of microwaving hot pockets and want to move onto something else.

Not that guy, but you are way over exaggerating the difference in metabolism all things equal.

LOL you will never cook better sushi rice than a rice cooker.

yes, that's why in the finest sushi restaurants you always find a rice cooker

rice cookers are terrible, they exist solely for lazy people who don't want to learn technique. The worst part is cooking rice with a rice cooker is actually slower than with a pot. Not too mention you can't customize your rinse (do you want more or less starch?) before cooking and most of them only steam so if you want to cook with a broth then you are SOL

also forget about risotto