FACT: Training for Ninja Warrior is the best way to get Veeky Forums

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zKsPCl0kksc
youtube.com/watch?v=xYW9g6v7vhE
youtube.com/watch?v=MiMBoG_i-a8
youtube.com/watch?v=EUW0vSP0ITI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's not a single person on Veeky Forums that could finish the newest cliffhanger

youtu.be/zKsPCl0kksc

When is next tryouts? Anyone know

It might be the best way for turbomanlets, for anyone that's a respectable height (5'8"+), sticking to a powerlifting routine is still the best way.

About 1 month

Fuck, thats pretty insane, even for their standards.
Was about to ask if there is anyone who would do it anyway, but found this.
youtube.com/watch?v=xYW9g6v7vhE
Pretty good.

Oh shit bro got any dates and places or link somewhere. I only see to be announced.

>respectable height
>5'8
Lmao manlet detected

How do I archive NagaGOAT mode?

American Ninja Warrior is the best "functional" strength training you could ever do.
It requires amazing body control.

Most people on that show couldn't even bench lmao2pl8. Not very good athletes.

lmao this makes the UK version of ninja warrior look like a fucking kids play area.

>benching lmao2pl8 makes a good athlete

How the fuck do i train for Ninja Warrior

jesus fucking christ that's insane

It's decent, but I'm way too heavy to complete most of the obstacles that require you to support your body weight with only your arms...6'3" 230 lbs. Most of the guys that compete on that show are like 160 lbs at most.

This doesn't stop you training for it and becoming the fittest version of you.

Yeah about 5'10" to 6' and light and lean is the optimal size for that competition. There are some obstacles that rely on reach and height which really screws some of the manlets, who are otherwise advantaged by upper-body endurance obstacles.

I don't remember who everyone is but I'm willing to bet that's one of those world class rock climbers that compete on that show. Am I right?

benchpress is not good for shoulder mobility; you're being stupid

Nah it's actually one of the American parkour guys, Drew Drechsel.

He never said anything about shoulder mobility you fucking retard. 2pl8 is a decent benchmark for knowing if someone is a good athletes or not.

It's stops be from having a chance in he'll at completing any obstacles. Why even bother with it if I have no chance anyway? I'll just stick to lifting weights

Is it gay that I grew up watching ninja warrior and still watch the old episodes?

Honestly yeah it's kinda gay unless you're watching nagano only.

holy shit
mirin

not as long as its the nippon version.

what do you even train to be good at this? just become a really good rock climber?

Rock climbing and some parkour to make sure you could clear stage 1.

Training for the crossfitgames would be the best way tot the highest possible level of fitness.
Accept no substitute.

>crossfit
Kill yourself

He asked about overall fitness. I believe crossfit tot be the best way to achieve this. Would he have asked how to get some esteaticly perfect cuck physique ik would have told him to do curls.

Nice defeatist attitude, faggot. You're not going to make it.

90 percent of what happens on that show is related to grip strength instead of overall fitness.

it makes sense tho; if it's such a significant advantage for taller guys, why even bother? it's kinda like basketball, you never see a 5'1 turbomanlet "trying to reach his physical potential" because he doesn't have a chance in hell of doing anything worth mentioning vs guys with 2 feet on him

I used to watch the UK broadcasts of the Jap version on Challenge every weekday after college.
Why, oh why did Stuart Hall have to turn out to be a nonce? His insanely OTT Nagano-rimming spiels were top tier tele-kino.

tfw I'll never eat my dinner in front of the tv and watch back to back Ninja Warrior & Takeshi's Castle ever again.

>who is muggsy bogues

He used to be a god to me. Inspired me to start training.

Of course. The other ones are just a glorified total wipeout.

FUCK this feel. I remember I was away from home for like 3 months and I recorded each and every episode. I would sit and watch for hours on end. Those were the days man.

only neets can be on ninja warrior. their walk-ons line starts accumulating weeks before the tryout. otherwise you have to be a returning star

this. i admire ninjawarriors/gymnasts, but that shit is all exponentially easier for manlets. ninja warrior training in particular would be hindered by Veeky Forums's obsession with huge legs, since its mostly upper body stuff

there are courses in most medium-sized cities now. if you're a hick/3rd worlder, make your own

If you genuinely want to work towards this type of stuff, getting a torrent of GST isnt a bad place to start

youtube.com/watch?v=MiMBoG_i-a8

the average ninjy warrior

>american version
boy i miss g4 tho
>aots
>adam & morgan's sexual tension hour
>all those crazy jap shows with the unicycle obstacle course and shit

Wouldn't it be easier to stand on the ledges and jump across instead of using your fingertips?

>tfw your gym will never have a ninja warrior training area

;_;

Make your own obstacles breh. It's easy as fuck to build stuff like a salmon ladder or cliffhanger.

of course it would be easier that's the whole point of making them grip it, if they tried to stand on it they would be immediately disqualified

Damn

damn. I feel like they should give a bit more bar to grip though.

I like it because manlets can't get up the warped wall and steakheads have too much mass to keep up with all of the endurance required.

Seems like rock climbers dominate NW

sad!

>more bar to grip
Check out what came next them, bud.
youtube.com/watch?v=EUW0vSP0ITI
I honestly can't imagine what they were thinking when they designed this.

jesus christ. looks like a good way to prepare for this course is to just constantly be hanging or doing monkey bars or whatever as training.