Going to the gym by yourself

>going to the gym by yourself

Anyone here do this frequently? I did it today for the first time and I felt like an autist , I usually go with 2 or 3 friends which makes it a lot more fun and I get a way better workout in

>tfw felt like everyone was staring
>tfw uncomfortable as fuck between sets with nobody to talk to

Shit's boring without at least 1 gymbro to compete with

You're either

I'm 26 and no I'm not trolling

My work schedule changed so lately I've had to go by myself and yeah its awkward at first but now I just look at my phone between sets

I've never gone with a friend

I wouldn't mind having someone to spot me on bench though

Literally just stop being a bitch
Most people are there by themselves

Going by yourself is the only way to go to the gym. That way you stay focused on your workout for optimal gains and don't waste time fucking around with friends

This is autistic even by Veeky Forums standards, OP.

I literally do this every time I go to the gym, and so do the vast majority of people in the gym.

You're never going to make it unless you can fly solo.

Almost everyone in the gym is there with friends. Going to the gym is a social thing

>Going to the gym is a social thing

Autistic loner confirmed

Dude like 80% of people go to the gym on their own.

I've always worked out alone. Working out with a friend seems fun but it seems inconvenient if you two aren't doing the same workout plan.

>workout plan

Just do upper body 3x a week and legs twice a week

>replying to a bait thread

bako diisu sanpei

I used to go with a friend but I couldn't stand how little he knew about lifting and dieting to make gains

He would do the same muscles everyday with ridiculous amounts of volume and wondered why he made no gains despite him basically destroying his muscles everyday

I usually go with about 5 or 6 of my bros that's worse, people look pissed off because we are noisy and take up most the gear

>having friends

Yeah I've went with 5 people once and people looked pissed because we were being loud and using half the equipment

The ONLY upside to being with friends is the free spot that comes with every exercice

Otherwise,alone with fully charged wireless earphones is the optimal setting

i work out alone almost exclusively. hell the only person i worked out with before was my fiance and all she did was run around the pullup bar so id chase her and we would make out (we were at a workout park)

I pretty much only go by myself lately but you're right, I do way more with a partner. I do minimal impromptu workout by myself.

When I go by myself I only do half the workout I usually would do because nobodies there to workout with you or talk to

Well, are you NOT gonna do it again? Because that's obnoxious af.

I don't care what others think, I pay to workout there I'll go and do whatever I feel like there

so what I paid for the membership. I can do what I and my mates like. So what if people get mad, they don't have to work out at that gym.

Yes we are loud, no i don't give a fuk about their fee fees being hurt, they should just not be so beta.

Gross.

I go with my mommy and doggy.
I walk to the gym every day with my dog and mom takes him back home when we arrive.

u sound liek a cucklol

No!!!

Ive been going to church by myself for 4 years and to the gym by myself for 2 years
I have plenty of friends, theyre just not religious and they lift elsewhere for free
No one gives a shit

Loner detected

sometimes me and friends go to the church and make it more fun for everyone, just sit at the back having banter, everyone loves it.

>has never had a training partner with roughly the same level of knowledge and experience who is just as serious about lifting as you
>has never spitballed ideas and methods back and forth to try and learn from them and have them learn from you
>has never had a friend there to encourage you on PRs, give you a consistent spot, and hold you accountable when you're being undisciplined

Must feel bad

You are retarded or trolling.

If you feel so lonely, talk to people. I know, crazy idea.

I made some gymbros when I changed gym last year and nowadays I try to not do my workouts at the same time because I'm not focused enough. Gains are first, my friend.

This

thx

Commercial gym peasants

i know you're probably just trolling but for the people that are actually like this - are you guys seriously so un-self confident and insecure that you can't do anything alone? NOBODY cares about you at the gym, nobody is looking and judging you for being alone, you aren't that special - and for fucks sake, i know it sounds terrifying but maybe try talking to yourself for once? you have an entire citadel which is your mind, there has to be fucking something you can think of to host your own mental dialogue on between sets, or even listen to music or something you god damn herding animal

>tfw no friends that can be your gymbros

i don't really mind desu, I see people i know at the gym fairly regularly and we talk in between sets and shit but prefer to be in my own little bubble when working out anyways

I lift weights to look good, and look good doing it. How can I look good doing it if I train at home? If a tree falls down in the forest and nobody is around, does it make a sound? Hell if I know. But you don't look good doing something if no one is aware you are doing it/

>How can I look good doing it if I train at home?
home gym
>if no one is aware you are doing it/
your body awares them, doesnt matter where you lift as long as your body looks good when youre at the beach, out with friends, etc.

i went to gym alone for 4 month straight

step up you're game, kidd

The whole point of lifting is to lift more than the guy next to you at the gym and subtly make him aware you're stronger

you really shouldn't be a pedophile, user.They are just kids, dont fuck them.

Only 1 friend can handle high reps
And he has the opposite schedule

The gym is a place of solitude, as you look in the faces of the other dozens of Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums members you can tell we are all there to mold our selves into something we can not stand to see in our current lives

I usually work out alone , but sometimes, mostly at the start of the new year , some friends join me , but barely for a month or two, and then I'm all alone again.

i literally go by myself every time and i dont understand how anyone could have a problem with going alone

if you need something to do just listen to music like a normal person does when they go to the gym

this desu, im there to train and focus all the negative energy in my life out on the weights, asking for a spot is the only amount of social interaction i do at the gym

literally everyday

why do people need workout partners?

I work out by myself every time. Would gladly lift with someone but I don't mind the solitude either
Being alone keeps your between-set times quick

All I do is work out alone. No headphones or phone either. I just do that thousand mile stare like the autist I am.

>why do people need workout partners?
bench spot

i feel bad dragging a bench into the power rack because then i'm taking up a bench AND a power rack

I feel like i train better alone than with the bros. I hit higher weight, better pump, and dont get tired as fast.
When i go with someone i tire fast and choke on my heavy lifts...

>gym has a No Singles policy

meltingPEPE.png

Are you me?

>lift alone
>no ipod
>no phone
>death stare in a direction where people aren't standing so they don't think i want to kill them.

3 years as of February and I have never brought someone to the gym with me

That's probably because people have injured themselves lifting heavy without a spotter. It's unsafe as fuck to lift alone

I usually go by myself, but when I get there, at least one person I know will be there.

majority of people in the gym are there alone

and i've tried train with like 10 people throughout my gym time, all it does is dilute my own workout.

occasionally, you'll get strength bros and maybe you'll do your deadlift days the same time to hype everyone up, but otherwise nah.

anyone here who can't work out with other people?

don't let me be the only one

I work out alone. Hate bringing people along. The constant weight switching, debating what to work out, extra rest time.

I also have a seething hatred of powerlifter herds.
>so how many sets you guys have left?
>about 27 sets of 2 reps for each of the 7 of us

>i need to go to the gym with at least 3 people

Are you indian?

>he is only 50% responsible for his gains at best
Yes, it must.

working out with friends is fun, but it's a distraction

at some point, you're going to have to decide why you're there: to socialize or to get actual gains

this is different if you have an actual lifting buddy who helps you go the extra mile

I prefer going alone. The only issue I have is figuring where to look between sets.

>look around like a creeper
>stare at the floor like a depressed autist

Help

Everyone stares and hates you faggots that come in groups. You're loud and obnoxious and take up equipment forever with your fucking constant chatter.

t. high school squat rack curler

this

Especially when it a group of DYELs suppersetting on 2-3 machines

look at phone

are you a woman or something ?

Going to the gym for 1.5 year alone. When i used to have friends they came with me but gave up after a day or 2. I don't really have friends to go, also working out alone is better because you can concentrate better. Fuck friends and fuck your "muhh social aspect"

>bringing your phone into the gym
>not leaving it in the car

never gonna make it
rip all your gains
forever dyel skele

hey but maybe you'll get a new pr in fruit ninja

This. I'm in a dicord group so every set i just chat with bunch of autists.

>not listening to metalcore
>not killing time instead watching people do shit at the gym
>going with the car to the gym instead with an bike

Ayylmao

sounds nice t b h

>being close enough to a gym to bike

cityfag detected, enjoy all your smog.

>countryfag detected

Enjoy your poo in loo

When I train with m8s I take forever to get anything done. It's more fun but they are a distraction. Plus I have a home gym and don't want to depend on others for s good workout.

always get stared at by everyone doing floor press by myself

its nice to have a gym budy to spot you and help get those extra reps in/ negative reps. you can go heavier more comfortably and safer and they know how you like to be spotted etc.

downside, any more and you dont get shit done, rests are too long.

going by yourself is fucking meditation.

I go to the gym by myself 99% of the time. I honestly hate going with other people because they always want to talk inbetween sets, don't track any of their lifts so I have to tell them what to do, it just isn't fun usually.

I "went" with friends today but did a separate work out, it was ok and I didn't lose focus.

Ur a huge faggot if you can't go train by yourself. You little friends can't lift the wieghts for you pleb

Mostly I just go by myself but I'm friends with lots of the regulars at my gym.

>going to gym is social thing???

>come to gym with 3 other friends
>all of us rotating off of lat pull down and face pulls
>guy comes over
>user many more sets on the lat pulldown
>we each got 3 sets more
>out of no where pajeet says 'hey I am after them'
>never asked us just randomly budges in line
>hurry up and do lat pull down
>go do other sht

sometimes in uni I went to the gym with someone and thats only because if we do same workout we just alternate so the bench or whatever is always in use.

I go to the gym alone every time, and 90% of the people I see there are also there alone, or at the very least working out alone.

It's fucking normal.

I've gotten shit for looking at my phone before. Where the fuck else am I going to track my shit? I'm not gonna carry around a pen and paper like a fucking autist from Veeky Forums.

Gotten shit from who, some retard? Like the other guy said. You can A. Look around like an idiot. B. Look at the ground, or C. Look at your phone.

Just be careful where you're phone is facing if you're on Veeky Forums. You don't want normies seeing you post on Veeky Forums.

What? Half the people in my gym look at their phones

No it was some fat kid who keeps asking me to coffee. It went:
>him: hey every time I see you you're on your phone you texting your bf hehehehe
>no, im tracking my rest timers.

I just look at it anyway, or look around if someone is doing squats and they got a nice ass.

I don't look at fit in the gym, but that sounds better than staring at my timers.

>It's unsafe as fuck to lift alone
maybe if you're a thick cunt

Every time

Only casuals need a gym buddy.