*blocks your arteries*

*blocks your arteries*

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/7-reasons-why-butter-is-good-for-you/
huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/20/why-butter-is-good-for-you_n_7089338.html
hsph.harvard.edu/magazine/magazine_article/is-butter-really-back/
hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/
heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Frequently-Asked-Questions-About-Saturated-Fats_UCM_463756_Article.jsp#.WKtLH28rKUk
nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250189
youtube.com/watch?v=a-Tx9dCbv-g
youtube.com/watch?v=3Wi9dzkTiU4
youtube.com/watch?v=0sNqnAZTy4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Okay I kekd

>falls for the butter is bad for you meme

Ayy lmao

I thought they proved this false? That butter is bad for you I mean.

authoritynutrition.com/7-reasons-why-butter-is-good-for-you/

huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/20/why-butter-is-good-for-you_n_7089338.html

hsph.harvard.edu/magazine/magazine_article/is-butter-really-back/

Pro tip: Use grass fed/organic butter.

*walks around*
L0L

They did, there was even a thirty minute presentation at a conference where they outright said that most of the problems with cardiovascular disease was directly attributed to eating less fatty foods and more carbohydrates.

audibly kekked

>was directly attributed to eating less fatty foods and more carbohydrates

>mfw (((corn merchant)))

>less fat
>more carbohydrates

Is this bait?

*goes on keto*
:3

dumb carbfags

No it's true. There's apparently no actual evidence linking the two.
Hold on I'll give you a link to the video.
It's not shillery or people selling atkins or anything.
They outright state that beef is not this amazing source of food or anything or pimp veggies and fruits. They even say the health benifits of fruits is overstated.
Holy shit the video was taken down.

Healthy fats are great for you. Sugary carbs aren't. Why is this surprising?

*bypasses behind you*

SHUT
IT
DOWN

Calling it now, 5 or 10 years from now sugar and simple carbs will finally be the mainstream 'epidemic' attributed to causing obesity. I guarantee it will somewhat mirror how the effects of smoking eventually came to light. Right now, corn and sugar jews just want people to turn a blind eye to modern independent nutrition research.

Nope, but journalists like to report that butter's not bad for you now because it gets a lot of views.

hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/
heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Frequently-Asked-Questions-About-Saturated-Fats_UCM_463756_Article.jsp#.WKtLH28rKUk

Grass-fed/organic also has no effect.

>Calling it now, 5 or 10 years from now sugar and simple carbs will finally be the mainstream 'epidemic' attributed to causing obesity.

That's been the case for decades already. You think it's not a well-accepted idea that refined sugars are a major contributor to obesity?

Saturated fat is bad only if you have APOE4-gene(which I do)

>There's apparently no actual evidence linking the two.

Of course there is. The National Evidence Library rates the evidence "strong," the same as they do for trans fats.

nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250189

>Strong evidence indicates that dietary saturated fatty acids (SFA) are positively associated with intermediate markers and end-point health outcomes for two distinct metabolic pathways: 1) increased serum total cholesterol (TC) and LDL cholesterol (LDL-C) and increased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and 2) increased markers of insulin resistance and increased risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D). Conversely, decreased SFA intake improves measures of both CVD and T2D risk.

Now, you can find evidence that says otherwise, and some people would use that evidence and present it as the only evidence in order to make you think there's no evidence that saturated fats are harmful, but when you actually analyze those few contrary studies they don't make a strong case for saturated fat's innocence.

youtube.com/watch?v=a-Tx9dCbv-g
youtube.com/watch?v=3Wi9dzkTiU4

Dude, the link I posted outright states that it has a protective effect against CVD.

Beans too. But oddly enough, it's the only vegetable that has a protective effect against CVD. Nothing else they tested did nor did the fruits and fish either.

No, we all know that. And it basically boils down to calories calories out.
The problem is that those sugars and excess carbohydrate consumption overall is apparently directly responsible for the increase in CVD.

It's bad regardless but may be worse with the gene

> the link I posted outright states that it has a protective effect against CVD.

Which link?

There is no real link between saturated fat and CVD, it's even stated that it has a protective effect against CVD.

The person in that video had about 150,000 people in one study and in multiple studies and they looked at the rate of mortality and cardio events and has found on actual concrete proof of what you claim.
There was one study where people only ate excessive amounts of fatty meats in some country(and without taking their daily activity levels into account I can't make a guess as to how that pans out or works) but that's all.

Corn syrup is worse than sugar though (same health issues+fatty liver+cyrrosis) Not relevant right now but just saying

Where is that stated? The NEL stated that there's strong evidence of an effect. What are you quoting? What video? "There was a study that said" doesn't give me any information

wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=0sNqnAZTy4w

This one, but the video itself is gone.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Was trying to implying corn based sugars.

>You think it's not a well-accepted idea that refined sugars are a major contributor to obesity?

Academic circles, yes. In mainstream circles I think the risk is highly understated. Food corporations would rather have the public focus on trans-fats or arbitrary shit like salt.

And this now non-existent youtube video is what's keeping you from accepting massive reviews of the evidence like this ?

I'm sure the video did say things that the presenter was trying to interpret as "saturated fat protects against CVD" but what any random guy on stage tells you about research is not necessarily accurate. Whole groups of top scientists review data about this as well, and they say clearly and consistently that saturated fat intake increases risk of heart disease.

kek

> In mainstream circles I think the risk is highly understated.

Why do you say that?