How do you master the art of self control?

how do you master the art of self control?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE
youtube.com/watch?v=itzaF8ctR2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Physically harm yourself everytime you want to do something you dont want to do

That's not self control...
That's responding to negative reinforcement.

It doesn't matter if you enact the punishment or not, you still needed some external stimulus to keep you from doing the thing, and are weak.

Have your vision in check
Actually have a goal
Ask yourself, "Am I hungrier for this Big Mac or for 9 girls to lick my abs and call my natty god?"

Just keep a good vision

just fuck bitches

It's all in the little things,'
>don't pick up your phone right away when you get a text
>Budgeting and sticking to it.
>Timeblocking
>less alarms, more punctual.

Regardless of what some people might say, mantras are really helpful.

> 9 girls to lick my abs and call me a natty god

that is quite the vision you god there. I like it.

Staring the things you want in the face and being able to overcome the near all consuming need to act on that impulse.
One of two things can happen. This can become a habit, then soon it can define who you are as a person. And a life lead like that with no clear goal or pourpose is one fraught with regret.

Or you can see it as something you will have to build your will power to over come. Will power is, despite what some posturing people will tell you, a finite resource.
Something that can be spent up. But it is also like a muscle. One that can be strengthened with constant effort and become attuned to being used in a certain way, thus it will take little willpower at all to do something.

That's my take on it.

>hurr durr if you have to train yourself you are weak

No shit, that's why he's discussing using reinforcement. That's how you train yourself.

Start with smaller things, then work yourself up.

Try fixing your bed first.

Develop positive habits. Add more as you master them.

hey OP sauce on that pic? seems an interesting watch

the same way you form any habit

just repeat the desired action over and over.

> pua tier autism
indatazding

huh?

i don't know specifically what talk that's from, but the guy's name is jordan peterson, and he's fucking great. i've been totally engrossed in his content the past couple weeks, he's really great.

thanks user, gonna look into him.

Im just about to jack it and stumbled to this thread for the pic dont bother asking me.

I don't get the texting rules shit

Some of it seems like PUA bullshit, but I don't always answer my texts immediately.

I honestly wish people my age would just call more often. I like talking to people more than texting.

it just makes you seem less available which makes you seem more valuable.

Force yourself to do it for thr first few days. Eventually youll stick to it simply because you dont want to break your streak. Thats how i do it anyways

Whenever I feel the desire to cheat on my diet I either tell myself that I'm a weak scumbag who'll doesn't deserve to leave, or I imagine that i'll have girls begging for my dick if I stick to my diet.

you don't.

I guess I didn't really think of it in regard to the PUA bullshit, its more just learning to have a little bit of self control, and not have instant gratification when your phone vibrates.

>budgeting and sticking to it
poorfag detected

Budgeting is good for any income level?
If you make 100k a year and spend 150k
you're poorer than someone who makes 50k and spends 30k.

>not actively living below your means

How's that retirement account looking?

Still lives off parents' allowance detected

Wait for him to tell you how dollars in vs dollars out argument is bullshit, I'm sure he'll just say finances comes down to genetics and there's nothing you can do to change your standard of living.

Lol don't ask us
We are on Veeky Forums

>not making more money instead of budgeting shitty income
>having scarcity mindset instead of abundance mindset
>building limiting mental barriers about not being able to buy things by budgeting

yeah, all the wealthy people totally do that

I'm not sure if you actually have a learning disability or are trolling... Fuck I hope you're trolling, even tards aren't this dumb right??

great job..

I believe that particular quote is from this
youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE
worth a listen

go back to budgeting your little change

>[YouTube] Joe Rogan Experience #877 - Jordan Peterson
thanks!!

Think about what you want the most vs what it is you're wanting at that moment.

Do you want to skip the gym and play videogames, or do you want to be joocy?

Be joocy.

>pua tier

Jordan Peterson is a professor in toronto canada who openly fights against sjw's and teaches brilliant philosophy you fuckin pleb

His self-authoring program is literally this post.

I recommend it to everyone. I did it high on mushrooms and cried 10/10 it's why I'm on Veeky Forums now down 25lbs

self authoring program? could you explain what that is i just dont really understand what youre saying
>inb4 im retarded
i know im retarded

That's bullshit, when you're busy most of the time you get the informations you need faster by calling

i agree, im just saying from a sort of social view point, the more unavailable you are to a person, the more valuable you seem to them for whatever reason. not replying immediately makes you unavailable.

I just drop down and start doing push ups whenever I'm about to do something I've said I won't.

Keep them doing until your mind goes off from that thing onto the pain in your arms.

youtube.com/watch?v=itzaF8ctR2M

In 40 years when you can't retire cause you saved nothing and you're broke as fuck, you'll know we were right.

>standing in line at the grocery store
>see manlet in front of me eyeing candy bar next to the register
>he screeches autistically and drops down for a set of 15 push-ups knocking over a kiosk in the process
>gets carried out by security

I fucking hate manlets

kek

He couldn't buy the candy wtf?

Don't ask me, I just jerked off to mom&son incest doujins for the 3rd time in a row within the hour

I'll not fap for days, maybe just once a day but then some kinda fetish creeps up on me and makes me unload a lot of times