/plg/

/plg/ - powerlifting general

>Don't listen to sheiko shills edition

powerliftinggeneral.com

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed.

Reminder that the user known as "trappy-chan!!VHnwMVjcWZ" is not welcome here.
m.imgur.com/a/IQHcL

Remember OHP is not IPF approved, and long femurs are the underactive thyroid of lifting

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

>ALL TIME RAW WORLD RECORDS (natty or not)
Men:powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Women:powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1

>dropbox mirror
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>What is depthprivilege?
youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c

>How to setup for the deadlift by JL Holdsworth
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

>How to sumo deadlift by Ben Rice
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtu.be/RMFHgVN_pcg

>How to set WRs by C. Lutz
youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg

>How to build a big bench by C. Lutz
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo

>How to bench press by PTW
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI

>How to OHP with Dan Green
youtu.be/f3EuCSe7pUA

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/IQHcL
strongerbyscience.com/squatting-with-patellar-tendinopathy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for I am new trappy give me attention

Reminder that if you ever replied to Trappy and/or listened to his coaching you are part of the problem.

Fucking enablers.

imgur.com/a/IQHcL
'trappy-chan !!VHnwMVjcWZi' is a weak brazillian male called Rafael pretending to be a girl he knows (possibly ex girlfriend) online called Livia Cavalcanti and saying she has a cock while he's at it.
Be sure to filter and report this person and feel free to contributing in any way you can to let everybody he knows what he's been up to for the past year.

one day i will have a gf and she will play n64 games with me and be my friend

So I started a routine with front squats (which I had never done before), and cut to four weeks later I've suddenly got knee issues. No pain, just a noticeable twinge in both knees on the inside above the knee cap. I feel like I could still squat heavy with my knees as is, but I'm taking this as an early warning sign

99% sure they're caused by doing front squats (with no experience) at a weight relative to back squats (that I'm much more experienced at). Probably shifting too much weight to my knees at the start of the lift.

Anyway, I'm taking at least 1 week of lower body stuff, we'll see how the knees are feeling after.

Anyone have advice on knee rehab?

>tfw trying to get lifting advice in a storm of bullshit

>new thread not a tribute to our favourite resident cuck

little bit disappointed Tbh mystery

Oh captain my captain

We all can now stop saying we are okay with chicks with dicks.

>chicks

How's your lifting going dude? all healthy too?

Box Squats to a height that doesn't hurt and limit knee travel. That will keep you squatting so you dont need to take a week off

Repostan from last bread:
Also, highly recommend hammer curls and heavy holds/pulls, always got rid of my forearm tendinitis in that area. Might help to ease off pressing until it goes away

Please don't tease us like this ;-;

Would have used the response as a screenshot but I already made the thread.

Gonna repost for future use though.

Its going all well, trying to fight the urge to return to PL. But all in all its 100%

How are you user

on the subject of needing advice

deadlifts are really beating up my quads and SI at the moment so I want to take a week or so off. What should I do in the meantime? Assistance or just forgo anything related?

Conventional

>trying to fight the urge to return to PL
I didn't know you stopped?
I'm good ty mate

I'd just drop the weight a ton and work on technique. 5x5 with like 50%. No need to stop deadlifting at all

Try RDL's for a week, see if that has any effect maybe.

avoid aggravating SI exercises, eat above maintenance and do a lot of stretching or foam rolling.

You should make your trip passwords more complex.

1. Training max
2. Increase intensity but pretty conservatively. I decrease the reps per set and keep the number of sets the same.
But that's just my way to skin that cat.

Yeah i swapped over to WL to try it out, actually helped my squat and deadlift a lot. But the whole starting from scratch and being shit at all olympic lifts despite my proficiency and strength at the PL lifts is extremely demeaning to my ego if im being honest.

Captain poopteen is my FRIEND

Poopteen is everyone's friend today lad. February 20th shall forever be known as Poutine day.

>Thumbnail

Tried this

I'll do this as well as adding stuff like sound good?

>avoid aggravating SI
s-squats?

Well current one is stoptakingtrip so hopefully people listen

ants

good image

poutine will finally be allowed into the memes
he will be so happy

REEEE no bullying on poutine day

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

Test

strongerbyscience.com/squatting-with-patellar-tendinopathy/

Try adding single-leg extensions into your routine before and after squatting.

Until you are free from SI pain or impingement, please dont do any squats or sumo pulls. Trust me, let it heal fully or you will fight an si that gets aggravated if you dont stretch for 30 minutes before and after any session. Trust me, and you can ask oreo about it too.

Holy shit I didn't think that would work you fucking dingus.

guess who

What about light work?
SI pain is also from a saggy bed so I should fix that asap

I made a thing

>WAWTT
Deadlift max boizzz
got my 4.5pl8 :)))
>WAWLTT
Enough - Flume ft Pusha T
>WAWFT
what?
feeling?
feeling good. just got vitamin D supps after missing it all winter and took like a 20x dose in 48hrs and feeling better already

You're a little late

even though i was included in that screencap i hate when all the responses are included unnecessarily

Light work is fine, but only and only if you can avoid going anywhere near heavy enough to start discomfort, which for me was anything above 40%

>and you can ask oreo about it too.
;_;

5x5 squats
4x7 bench
4x6 t-Bar rows
4x6 close grip bench

Post on leddit for upboats

thoughts?

Alright I'll do this, thanks dude

No bully

shes almost cute but i constantly lol at her weird face

>no bull pic
u suck at ur own memes

>got my 4.5pl8 :)))
Congrats, friend!
>feeling?
Yep. Good choice on the vitamin D.

That sounds painful.

Whew lad

>WAWTT
Had
Squats
1x465
8x385
2x8x365

Bench
1x285
7x230
2x7x220

Push press
6x9

>WAWLTT

Forgot my headphones at home when I went to the gym, so nothing.

>WAWET
Gonna make some French bread pizzas in a minute as a late night snack.

>WAWFT
SO HAPPY

He didn't even make it

the meme is she gets younger as the pics go on

and boardshorts' illegal immigrant is shit tier

New secure^tm trip

>alt righter is a pedo AND a cuck
i am shocked honestly

he ... hes left us lad

Again, i say you have a week with that trip

wbu friendo

Only decent answer I could give to that is give it a try desu
It's not likely to have any negative effect on your training really, and may keep irritation in check if RDLs seem to bother you

i have only vague memories of your existence chemo
have you hit 3x bw squat?

Failed 250 about three weeks ago, but got 240 a week ago. No video because its not 3x my current bw. Going for 250 on thursday again.

Today was the first day of my deload week. I did OHP, shoulders, and arms. It was kind of boring, if I'm being honest. I don't really have fun if I'm not pushing hard.

Feeling a bit stressed, I've got a lot going on right now with school, work, and trying to find a grown-up job. I got an interview tomorrow, but I don't know if I actually want that job now that I've gone to an info session about it.

Deloading isn't fun, especially upper body, unless you're incredibly beat up.
Life sure does get in the way of shit. What was wrong with that job? Looking at anything besides that one?

Any meets since you've been gone?

>Deloading isn't fun, especially upper body, unless you're incredibly beat up.
Yeah, I know I will be if I go another week. The sleeplessness is setting in, and that's my warning sign for fatigue.

>What was wrong with that job? Looking at anything besides that one?
Eh, it seems like they have a poor work-life balance. Also, it's in bumfuck nowhere. It is a good company, though, and they do good work.
I also think they're not going to choose me, because they seem pretty picky (application, followed by the interviews tomorrow, followed by another application, followed by full-day, very in-depth on-site interviews at the beginning of next month). I'm pretty damn sure I'm not the best candidate in the room. Oh well. Still have to try.
Nothing else in my sights right now. Honestly, if I won the lottery and never had to work again, I probably wouldn't. I'd probably just go back to school and study something fun. On that note, I've been thinking about grad school (MFA rather than MS or MBA) to round out my education.

>Any meets since you've been gone?
>since you've been gone
Eh? Who do you think I am?
No meets, though I think the WL club at my uni is thinking about doing one next month. I might actually be less fat and able to compete in the 220s this time lel.

Don't ask me why or how I know this.
Poutine is gonna regret writing what he wrote soon.

>Any meets since you've been gone?
>>since you've been gone
>Eh? Who do you think I am?
>No meets, though I think the WL club at my uni is thinking about doing one next month. I might actually be less fat and able to compete in the 220s this time lel.

I meant to ask chemoliftan, but I mean, I'm also happy to know how ur doin

lol that makes more sense

>he doesn't know

xD to that
xD

Does that invalidate the advice and friendship we got from her? Even if she was a fantasy?

Um yes?
He lied to you non stop and nobody in their right mind would take advice seriously from a dude with a LITERAL sub 300 wilks who can't deadlift 3 plates LMAO.
I mean I'd rather take advice from blueshoes

Livia actually did it the absolute madman.

Did what

Mfw people bought in shares in trappy meme instead of Sapporo meme

Fuck it. Trappy will forever live on in my heart the way I remember her. Doing routine generals, giving solid advice, and being a beatiful woman.

Reminder the more you talk about them the less comfy it is.
Let it be lads.

I did do a run of canditos 6 week strength program back in November but after doing that and getting my new maxes I went straight back to LP strength and control. Since that time I have not made much progress since then and have just done my first day of the Texas Method. What are some ways I can vary the Texas Method and make it more entertaining and specific for powerlifting? What if I want to change my goals or add in some variations or maybe a little cardio to burn off some of the fat I accumulated or want to increase my work capacity? Currently I want to cut down to about 200

It's finally over lads
Plg will return to its glory days

Ask on discord

>some people unironically believe this

Post your dick/ass/feet and I will smother you in attention

Get a coach and stop doing meme programs if you actually compete.

No advice on Kneehab, but I have to ask, are you're knees tracking over your feet. A touch inward? Are you pushing them out?

Its okay to point your toes out and have your knees slightly inward on a front squat, but pushing them out too much can hurt you.

I doubt the old trips will come back.
We're going to have to wait another few years until the trips here are strong enough to be able to contribute properly or have succumbed to terrible squat accidents.

I have good news

What?

Doing a meet in August
We'll see how this goes.
Maybe it'll force me to get some motivation

Bodorio already posted once. We just gotta wait for the dust to settle. It'll probably take a week or two

>or have succumbed to terrible squat accidents

n-no bully

GOOD LAAAAD
You're gonna smash it. Don't be setting no goal lifts or any of that shit just have fun training up to the meet and smash it and have fun on the day. the way it's supposed to be done

Norsie looking lean.