Rippetoe: People who post "SS is a meme" on the Veeky Forums board are DYEL and do it wrong

>Rippetoe: People who post "SS is a meme" on the Veeky Forums board are DYEL and do it wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=rTaDksFBwLM

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/being-strong-is-not-an-excuse-to-be-fat-and-being-fat-is-probably-holding-you-back/
youtube.com/watch?v=S_e6bFRKi0M
youtube.com/watch?v=KfJnXV1604g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you can't get big by being weak. prove me wrong

>>Rippetoe: People who post "SS is a meme" on the Veeky Forums board are DYEL and do it wrong.

Especially those who post "SS t-rex legs lel" without realizing the program has lots of upper body accessory exercises

SS + GOMAD = BIG

High squat frequency is pointless is if you're a recreational lifter and not some kind of athlete. If you want to be strong for work, real life and look good, then bench/deadlift frequency is much more important. This squat at the start of every work out shit is pointless and you will become a T-Rex. Full body is the way to go, but with to little or no squats.

Mark looks like shit and always has. He wasn't even an impressive powerlifter.

DYEL detected
how does it feel that this old fat texan outlifts you in everything?

I like SS its's okay for a lazy fuck like me but it doesn't hits my core hard enough.

Everythings growing but my core and now I look like a hourglass.

pls send help.

post your squat/deadlifts stats

wrong

>Rip's kcal requirements ranges between 3500 and 6000

>he thinks he can progress at anything but a snails pace on a 200 kcal bulk
DUDE
LEAN BULK
LMAO

He's old and fat and makes people waste their time squatting. Legs grow easy, upper body is much more important.

post your stats and body and prove us wrong
protip: you won't because you don't lift, you excercise

I can squat 200~ for reps and deadflift 300lbs

I only own 300lbs for my home gym

>His TDEE is less than 3500 kcal
Manlet detected

>he thinks he can gain more than 1-1.5 lb of lean muscle per month natty

Enjoy getting fat.

>squat 200~ for reps
get to 315 worksets and I dare you to tell me your abs didn't grow

t. bench 1 pl8

>tfw these posts always make you feel bad because you bench less than 1pl8 after 14 months of lifting.

>if you arent satisfied with your results on my shitty cookie cutter program you are not doing the program

sure, I guess your posterboy also didnt do the program then or why does he look like absolute shit ?

ok im gonna try to get my squat to 300lbs but im pretty desperate now

>people will listen to dyels on Veeky Forums who lift less than a 60 year old man

no, t. bench 350x2

Keep drinking Rip's kool aid, fatboy.

what am I supposed to say? it's your own fault for doing stupid brosplits with minimal progress
should've done SS, faggot

after 6 months of lifting zach pretty much outlifts you in everything
what did you do in 6 months in the gym?

right, your program is much better
let's call it starting e-stat

post proof sissy

it doesn't count if you bench like this

i didn't ask you to say anything.
>should've done SS, faggot
why are you being so hostile? there's no reason for it. i have been doing SS.

I used to bench more than 2pl8 but haven't worked out in several years until last month. Now I'm struggling with 1pl8 and feel pathetic every time

>what did you do in 6 months in the gym?

not being fat

>post proof

Now lets see your 6plate deadlift, fagmaster.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!
>SS is just a meme
>SS is good for beginners

WHAT THE FUCK. I JUST WANNA GAIN MUSCLE AND WEIGHT. I CANT EVEN DO 1 pl8 BENCH YET

The program is fine. It's just a rip off of SL and Reg Park's routine.

The diet is retarded.

>i have been doing SS.
did you eat 3500 or 6000 kcals a day?
did you increment your lifts by 10lbs/5lbs every single workout in a linear progression?
did you use the correct excercises with proper form?

if you answer any of these with 'no' you have not been doing SS, you took SS and changed it into your own program which doesn't work

i.e. not made progress

if you're obviously experienced, why would you disagree with the notion that novices eating far above their daily caloric intake is very much advantageous for their "noob gains"?

sure it will grind to a halt later in your lifting career

but SS doesn't work on a 200kcal bulk, the workout-per-workout increments simply do not occur feasibly

What's wrong with that? I start gaining weight at about 4000kcal

Muh way is the only way, reeeeeeeeee

I don't disagree with the program. I disagree with the notion that you need to get to 20% bodyfat to max out your newbie gains. You're gonna make gains no matter what you eat in the first 3-6 months of lifting, so why get fat?

I dropped 27lb of fat and put on a bunch of muscle in my first year of lifting, and my bench shot up from 40kg to 100kg (2plate for Amerifats) despite losing weight the whole time.

>straps

>60 years
>5pl8 deadlift

Not too shabby tbhwy

Post a pic or video of yourself pulling that weight strapless, faggot.

I pulled a tendon when using mixed grip, which is why I switched to straps.

SOMEBODY

It's meant for skinny skellies not so much for fatties

You're fat, aren't you?

Like I said, you put on 1-1.5 lb of LEAN MUSCLE per month as a natty. Eating at a 1500 kcal surplus will not change that. All it will do is make you fat.

You could do candito's linear routine. It has 3 different variations so you can choose the one you prefer.

Since so many experts here

Been fucking around in the gym for some time now
stats for reps
55kg OHP
90kg Bench
110kg Squat
130kg DL
Can i still do SS and ride those noobgains? Or am I deflowered?

as long as you can progress every workout you still have noob gains. once you stall just deload by around 10% and keep going. once you stall 3 times in total you are definitely out of them.

i've been doing SS at a caloric deficit because im a fatass and im making great progress. I think as long as you're actually pushing yourself you'll make gains on any routine.

>Like I said, you put on 1-1.5 lb of LEAN MUSCLE per month as a natty
stop spreading this broscience shit. anyone who has ever done SS (or any other good novice routine) correctly knows that this is completely wrong.

Ok so I have a little knee injury which I hope is going soon and I'd like to squat because it seems like I get nowhere.

Realistically, how much is enough for successful SS if I start at at 160lbs 5'10 and squat 135 3x5? 3000calories?

I notice when I add weight I just get looser and have a hard time making sure I hit the same depth each time without my lower back tucking.

Also, I'm not sure how high to have my high bar, it seems like many people have it lower traps just above shoulders and some people retract hard and use the top of traps.

Okay, post body and stats then.

read this in regards to how much weight you should gain strongerbyscience.com/being-strong-is-not-an-excuse-to-be-fat-and-being-fat-is-probably-holding-you-back/

for your squat and being loose problem, you have to stay tight throughout the squat. don't lose tightness or you risk injuring yourself. squatting should never feel natural and something you don't feel in your muscles. engage all of your muscles them and keep them engaged and tight. a big one is to learn how to breathe into your belly, not your chest. by expanding your belly you are creating a solid protection for your spine so it doesn't move around much.

the difference in bar height is personal preference and your flexibility/limb length plays a big role.

high bar squat (bar on traps)
youtube.com/watch?v=S_e6bFRKi0M
>torso will be more upright
>less lower back strain
>requires really good ankle/hip mobility

low bar squat
>easier to achieve depth
>requires less ankle and hip mobility
>more strain on lower back
>can usually squat more weight

here is a good comparison of the two youtube.com/watch?v=KfJnXV1604g

what the fuark