/fat/ Fatty General

This is thread #3
Last Thread: What is fatty general? A thread for fat members of Veeky Forums who want to start eating healthy and lose weight.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get though it to better ourselves.
At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

Faq:
Q: How much calories should I eat?
A: Calculate your tdee tdeecalculator.net/ and eat -500kcal or up to -25% of the result.

Q: I don't need that much calories can i cut more?
A: Yes, however failure rate is much higher if you do.

Q: I haven't lost weight this week, should i cut more?
A: You either didn't eat properly (consider weighing everything you eat) or you are close to a healthy weight and weight loss will naturally slow down and fluctuate.

Q: Is keto a good idea?
A: If you have absolutely no self-control keto is a good start to lose weight, however you won't learn how to eat normal meals with keto and the chance of regaining weight if you stop with keto is high.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/524in8/warning_about_eating_enough_fat_from_someone_that/
youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>can eat any amount of calories
>never once given in to hunger
>after a week of cutting, binge eat out of sheer boredom

literally why

don't get discouraged, we all fuck up sometimes. Just don't give up, you can make it brah.

Weigh in at 89kg at 6'3" about 20-25% bf.

Slowly getting there, come down from 100kg (higher end was 115 but not counting that as I wasn't actively trying to cut). Lifts are starting to stall and feel tired a lot. I keep diet in check most of the week but lose it every Sunday with DnD. Should I prep meals for Sunday and only eat those? Also, trying to cut my Pepsi max and whisky habit (at least 2 of each most days).

Interim goal is an inch off the waist to fit into my new suit by march 25th. Main goal is

i love fatty general.

>started at 339lbs
>now at 235lbs
I believe in you all keep up the good work.

good job
how long did it take you? any pictures?

It took far longer than I care to admit because I fucked around too much. I'd say maybe a little over 2 years. I still have a ways to go i'm 6'1 so i think ideally 180-200 would be the weight i should shoot for.

Blaha?

250 pound /fat/ here

I just got this and a bo-flex today

im gonna make it guys.

I can't stop eating fast food.

I want to get gains but I just can't stop.

I want to die.

The week I decided to start losing weight, my family decided to eat out 8 times in 4 days. Are they setting me up to fail or am I just now noticing how much they eat out?

Why you gotta try and hurt me like that user.

>bo-flex
the olyptical is good but bo-flex is cancer.

Post more fat dva

Not gonna make it.

Shouldve gotten a squat rack

Eat more protein if you're working out, it helps muscles but not only that it fills you.Up.lore than carbs. Also a gram of protein is 4 calories, gram of carbs is 4 calories. It's the fats you gotta watch out for when cooking meats.

Fucking phone autocorrect.

Fills you up more*

Why can't you stop? Are you buying your own food? Personally i only really control myself in the grocery store, can't suicide binge if you have only healthy food at home.

It's possible to eat at a deficit despite eating out, however its hard especially if you don't know in advance that you will eat at a restaurant.

Just start again tomorrow man don't give up.

So when i bake some chicken breast, it's better to cut out the white fatty stuff?
I've been cooking my meals for 3 weeks now, and never cut out the fat part because too lazy.

Do meal prep its one of the few reasons I have been able to stay consistent

And fucking stop drinking your calories man.

I love fatty general too one of the best generals in awhile

Doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you keep going

Damn looks nice man. The investment will pay off if you use it!

Down from 104kg to 83 here.
"Just" 23-27kg to go, still look like shit and men are still disgusted by me.

Even if I have an ugly face, if I'm 55-60kg, some guy must find me relatively attractive, r-right? I'm really demotivated.
Also, anybody else here can't really "believe" their progress? I went down two pant sizes (one brand, same cut) but sometimes I think "oh they've made the fabric stretchier". I can't see my body getting smaller so wearing smaller clothing feels weird.
/rant

280 6ft here
down about 30
been doing SL and keto for a few months

Any suggestions on other weight routines?
I don't really give a fuck about strength, just want to look good once I lose more

I've lost 30lbs (230 to just under 200) and gained some muscle from bodyweight workouts. Feeling good.

Keep it up my man!

You can stop you're just not trying hard enough.

>Why can't you stop? Are you buying your own food? Personally i only really control myself in the grocery store, can't suicide binge if you have only healthy food at home.

I get hard cravings for hamburgers, greasy food, and the like. I do my own grocery shopping and know how to cook a meal but its almost like an addiction that I just keep going back too. It also doesn't help that I work overnights and get that same feeling around midnight with only fast food places opened.

>Also, anybody else here can't really "believe" their progress?
I don't until I realise some of my old jumpers are getting too baggy and making me look like a child in their older siblings' hand-me-down clothes.

If its just a small amount I wouldn't worry too much about it but if theres like big blobs of white fat cut it off

What you can do is meal prepping, take meals to your work so you don't get tempted.

Have you taken pictures? Do you measure your body frequently with a measuring tape? Do that it makes believing your progress easier

meal prep is working well for me. i'm a lazy fuck so i make good meals that are healthy. i then exploit fact that i am to lazy to get a fast food meal or cook so i just microwave the healthy prepared meal.

Thanks user, i've lost more weight since that picture already so I'm gonna keep going until i'm at my goal. I've really started taking it seriously and weight is just falling off so i'm very confident im going to be at my goal weight by the end of the year or sooner.

I haven't measured, and got a few old pics but none of my worst times.
I mean I can see a bit that my tummy has sunken in more, I've gone from a C cup to a B and my butt has an hero'd but I'm still really fucking fat. I guess this is just the frustration from how long it takes but I'm scared to never be able to reverse the harm I've done.

I wish I had better before pictures. I think part of the reason I don't is because I really doubted my ability to even drop the weight in the first place.
Top left corner is from May 2015 I weighed 304 pounds
I started counting calories with little excersize and got to about 270ish at the bottom left corner of about October or November of 2015. I joined the gym last January and began to become extremely motivated with weightlifting. Both after pictures were taking at 195 in October. I'm 5'11

wow dude thats incredible, very inspiring transformation.

Lost around 20 kg (44 lbs) since i started losing weight a year ago(started 17th of february 2016 cause I had the flu and did not want to regain my water weight loss). Slow progress is still progress. Aiming to lose another 30kg. We are all gonna make it.

i wanna buy containers for meal prepping but everything on amazon looks like it falls apart after 1 use or is super expensive.

Is fat free natural yogurt + berries a good snack to deal with the hunger cravings? It's what I've been doing. Yogurt is good for protein right?

I have been using some generic ass ikea containers for years, just make sure they are safe to microwave.

No ikea nearby, i will look for boxes next time i go grocery shopping, otherwise i just buy cheap ones from amazon and hope they are less shitty than they look

That is an amazing job!

My progress. Started at 300 on the dot in August. Now at 263 and still dropping.

Thanks

what happened in December? also nice

>this is just the frustration from how long it takes but I'm scared to never be able to reverse the harm I've done

Very relatable. Thats the hardest part of weight loss to be honest. Heres the thing though you have two choices:

1. Give up and be fat and unhappy for the rest of your life
2. Keep going and be fat for awhile but you're constantly shrinking, constantly improving.

You're gonna be fat for awhile regardless, just choose to eventually be healthy and then work for it.

You look great bro mirin' hard

You look a lot better less rolls is always the goal, keep it up!

Hello! How have you been, fatbros?

Today it was a good day, I was having little caloric value in the food I was eating, I was drinking enough water, etc...

But then, I went out with some colleagues to eat and we got BBQ chicken wings (I ate 6).
I'm at the moment at 660 calories more than I should have eaten today...

In some time (in about 2 hours) I will go and make some exercises, and will only consume for dinner a cup of tea, so hopefully I will even out the calories I shouldn't have eaten doing that...

Check the sugar content

Don't worry friend with bene/fit/. We all fuck up sometimes. I just ate like 20 brownies just cause they were there. Not fat, but still tryna make good gains. Simple carbs are not ideal for gains.

Nice job holding it relatively together during the holidays! Also February looks like its been a good month

Shit happens man at least you're being proactive about it. Were the wings good at least?

You could have been cutting too hard.

>20 brownies

Dude please tell me thats hyperbole

Hey /fatty/ had a pretty good day. Eating well under TDEE and went to the gym and ran 45 minutes which is 10 minutes longer than usual! Going to see a movie with a friend later and am going to treat myself to some skittles.

I've noticed my underwear fits better and my sweatshirt was even looser than usual. We're all gonna make it :')

Pic related its my workout today

Forgot the pic lol

>calculator says tdee is 3848
>should be cutting at 3348
>am actually working with a total of 2300
Am I cutting to hard?

I've been dieting+exercising for about 3 weeks now and haven't noticed any weight loss.

I'm doing SS, no GOMAD, and C25K.

TDEE calculator puts me at 2600, and I've been eating ~1600. I'm tracking meticulously and I'm not seeing any difference in weight. I am seeing a huge difference in strength and endurance though, so I'm not giving up. It's just kind of disheartening to not see any weight difference.

I would go up a little to like 2500-2700 just so you don't end up giving up because youre too hungry

You're probably replacing fat with muscle. Give it time you'll lose weight but just know that you are indeed making progress?

How much do you weigh?

Low fat is the worst diet one should do desu
reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/524in8/warning_about_eating_enough_fat_from_someone_that/
Sure fat has the most calories/gram out of all the macros, but it's also the most satiating which outweighs that

5'11 240lbs.

I'm also having an allergic reaction to something I've been eating. I can't stop shitting and I don't know what's causing it.

How much/fast are you losing? TDEE that high is probably not calculated correctly.

Yeah you're getting close to a normal weight for your height so I wouldn't worry too much just keep doing what you're doing

What are you eating? I eat a lot of beans and my digestive system hates it but protons am I right?

Hard to tell since calculators aren't reliable when you're fat.
Track your progress over a month, you generally don't want to lose more than 1kg a week.

lost 40 pounds in the last several months. markers are down to normal non-elevated levels in my blood work, blood pressure is down, I'm almost down into overweight BMI instead of obese, people at work noticed and said I'm looking better, and Veeky Forums's fat hate threads actually really helped motivate me.

I'm just eating a lot of chicken breast + rice and home made salad (just romaine lettuce, spinach, onion, and tomato) with no dressing.

Maybe it's because I tried the sip meme recently, and my body fucking hates energy drinks.

You can stop. Every day, every meal is a new opportunity. Every good choice is one less bad one. Just make some baby steps at first, that's ok. Just start making one better food choice per day.

>you generally don't want to lose more than 1kg a week

Idk man, a lot of the weight I have lost, which is 40kg at this point, and I am currently at 78 were lost in short bursts of very low calorie consumption.

I lost a lot over the summer where I didn't have school to attend to so I could basically focus all of my energy not eating, it worked very well and I lot a lot of weight during that time.

Now of course that is not feasible in the long run, but if you have a the ability a hard cut, especially at the start of your dieting was at least very useful in my own anecdotal experience.

Nice work man!!! I can't weight to get to the overweight BMI instead of obese lol

I think I'm only eating like 1300-sh calories a day lol but I feel stuffed.

Thank you based cruciferous veggies and shit. I just ate three whole bowls of the shit I made for dinner and according to myfitnesspal it was like 350 calories. Other thousand or so calories for the day were from very filling oatmeal this morning, then snacking on almond butter cause it tastes good. Should probably try to avoid that though, at like 4 tablespoons and made my stomach kinda hurt.

Cut the energy drink and if the problem still persists then it might be something you're eating. Also IMHO just drink water its not worth it.

Oh yeah guess I should have a point to this post.

6'4" somewhere around 260 right now. Aiming for (eventually) like 190, then lift and build muscle back up to like 200-215. Too old to get really big though unfortunately.

Love this

Nigga if you aren't lifting a lot right now I would not be consuming rice on the regular, it's pretty hard to find something that is more calorie dense / gram

Yeah, just plain low fat yogurt with berries is great.

And in summer or generally when you are craving ice cream take frozen berries, some artificial sweetener and yogurt and put it in a mixer.

I'm lifting and doing C25K, and I'm also measuring to make sure I'm not getting too much.

Depends. I eat 1200 calories and low carb. I can eat 1/2c of unsweetened Greek yogurt and 1/4c berries but nothing sweetened with sugar and I can't eat more berries than that. Other snacks are often more filling for the same numbers of calories/carbs. Depends on your plan.
Yogurt with sugar isn't a very healthy food at all.

Why not start lifting now? I'm taller and heavier than you are and I've been lifting for a few weeks now. Already seeing progress in my lifts and dropped about 15 pounds all while my diet hasn't been amazing.

How do you deal with emotional eating? Just got out of a 2 year relationship (first one at that) and I want to eat everything in sight.

Emotionally drink water

>that thing of sweet tea

Whew lad

Use it as motivation. If you start thinking about it things or feeling feels, go for a walk or go to the gym. You'll get through it in time user.

Here
youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA

Resist it and become skinny and fabulous from pure spite.

My problem is i get bored and eat unhealthy food. I never feel like i need to but when i am bored i don't even care. How do i solve this?

How old are you? What are you doing with your life that allows you to regularly become bored?

Take up a brand new hobby that requires daily practice. Photography, calligraphy, origami, zentangle, something distracting that you can easily do in a minute when bored.
Chew gum, brush teeth, eat a sugar-free mint.

336lbs fat phuck here. On my 5th week of 5x5 now and making some decent progress but weight loss is slow. Normies keep telling me to replace strength training for cardio to lose weight but I really don't want to do I'm finishing the 12 weeks of 5x5 and then moving on to PHUL.

How tall user? Do cardio and some accessories as well as 5x5.

Can I ask a possibly stupid question?
I didn't want to start a thread for it;
Can we lose fat just by lifting weight and changing our diet?
also if we do cardio and lifting weight on the same day, wich one is the best to begin with?
Sorry for the autism, I'm a just a fat noob!

>fell off the wagon for about a week
>bloat added 7 lbs
>feel disgusted with myself
>husband agrees to help me get back on track
>I was good yesterday and on track to being good today
>Instantly feel better

It's amazing how different I feel now that I've lost 46 lbs. I notice when I gain even a little weight a lot more.

I am 20. Going to college and sitting home all day.

I am trying to keep myself busy, playing games, watching movies and tv shows but eventually i get bored. I enjoy eating. When i am bored and hungry i just can't help it.

Oh god what the fuck

Please just stick to fat wojacks or something, fetish shit is gross

175cm and started at 96kg (211 pounds) now I am 73kg (163 pounds)

Is this what making it feels like?

Actually they were very tasty! But in hindsight they weren't worth it...

Next time I will just go to grab some coffe (black, of course!)