Any of you phags do BJJ? Or some other sort of grapling? I just started 1.5 months ago and I'm loving it

Any of you phags do BJJ? Or some other sort of grapling? I just started 1.5 months ago and I'm loving it.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BJOEijogPJh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw no good brazilian jujitsu places around where i live
>tfw the closest one charges 140 dollars per month
what the fuck how can you even fucking afford that

wtf at my place it costs about 80 bucks per season, that is 5 months. That includes muy thai and some other shit aswell.

Been doing it for 7 years now. Awarded pic related in December and will put it to use in March.

That's a lot. Any cheaper MMA gyms? You won't get the whole thing but at least you will be taught some BJJ techniques.

I do it. It's great, but don't buy into all the memes and bullshit about it being humbling and life changing etc.

Literally a judo ripoff created by favela monkeys because tachi-waza was too hard. Still favored by UFC-wannabe white trash and unathletic virgins.

>tfw started bjj with a blackbelt 2 degrees from helio for $120/mo
>tfw today some ass munch purple belt opens a gym and charges the same
>do a free trial, learn fucking nothing, leave

At least the match doesn't end when someone gets tossed

That's what happens in real life on a hard surface though.

If you screw up badly enough to get thrown for ippon then you deserve to lose, the same as if you fuck up badly enough to get pinned, choked or armlocked. On hard ground, any throw that counts for ippon would fuck your shit up.

Okay anons, don't come crying into a bjj gym when you get choked out with your head between some manlets legs.

instagram.com/p/BJOEijogPJh/

could you beat this bitch after 1.5 months?

Judo has ne-waza too m8. We just prioritize top game and speed because the rules of judo weren't written by a HueHue kid who was too sickly to get off his back.

>mfw every single BJJ thread gets flooded by judo autists
Are all of you really this insecure and needy?

And BJJ has stand up

Stop the dick measuring you white belts, leave your egos at the door because cross training is great and you can learn something from everyone

"We"? You're cultish and narrow way of thinking will be your undoing, user.

>no dick measuring
>on the internet
Really m8?

Wrong. You prioritise those things because of the ijf and their constant interference with rules to make it a spectator sport.

>getting triggered by banter
lmao yeah I'm real afraid of that double-leg from five feet away that every BJJ gym seems to think counts as teaching standup.

But in all seriousness, good standup is a pretty low priority in BJJ because all the ways to win happen on the ground and the learning curve on good throws is extremely steep.

Will get back to it in a couple months. Just stand up now, nursing a fucked arm

>mad white belts

That girl knows shit.

>that one guy that asks you how much you weigh before rolling
>that one guy that discloses every injury and illness before rolling
>that one guy that takes off a roll and finds you after you got done rolling hard
>that one guy that sucks up to the professor
>that one guy that clearly used steroids
>that one guy that sandbags at tournaments so he can collect more retarded medals

>the fat kid allowed to take adult classes

nice trips.
Dat purple belt!

they throw ippons in the Olympics all the time. It isn't major screw-ups that get you thrown, it's the tiny details.

>foot-sweeping the fat kid

Judo ne waza is theoretically sound, but the skill of the average Judoka in this area leaves much to be desired.

There's this guy in our club who's aiming for the 2020 Olympics. Slightly heavier than I am. Can't do much against him in tachi waza obviously, but in ne waza I ragdoll him on the back of 4 years of BJJ. Same goes for most other high level judoka I've trained with.

black belt judo here, my ne-waza is practically none existent since coaches couldn't bother with teaching us some new things for the last 10 years literally
>feels batman

>letting the cute girl crawl all over you
>that guy that says his staph infection is a birth mark
>that guy that wears sandals on the mat
>the resident mma expert and historian

makes sense. I never see olympic judo matches progress after a throw/reversal

i was a wrestler before i injured myself in highschool, and I met a guy at the gym I work at and he invited me to a mma gym to try bjj. He says alot of wrestling transfered, and even gave me a pair of shorts, so i gotta go now.

I think its like 100 dollars a month, so if I don't like it, i am not sticking around.

But it looks like fun, so do you know what I will be in for OP?

BJJ is LITERALLY a homo sport. They shoud have called it BJ Giveaway instead.

If you want to do some real martial arts, do hapkido together with thaiboxing. You will become a fighting machine

>makes sense. I never see olympic judo matches progress after a throw/reversal
You see it quite often, and a lot of it is actually really solid, but it's the skill level that's often sub-par. Judo has produced excellent ground fighters, but it's a given that, if you spend more time standing, most of your expertise will lie there.

There's quite a bit of the more immediate submission-oriented techniques in my BJJ actually, simply because it works. People think they're safe, then find themselves caught because control>position. And inverted triangles. Nobody sees those coming.