Is this PPL routine any good or are there better ones? which one do you use?

is this PPL routine any good or are there better ones? which one do you use? reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/sahar.luna/
t-nation.com/training/five-elements
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

More of this chick

>posting reddit link in Veeky Forums

oh man you dun goofed

I did it for 6 months when I restarted lifting after a while off.

I'd post my progress but I don't want to get bullied.

no, it's just another dumbass routine some guy pulled out of his ass. it's extremely easy to write a routine. any idiot can do it after lifting for a few months. the difficulty is making a routine that produces great results in practice. SS is an excellent routine because it has been refined for decades based on what has been observed to work in the gym. it has been proven over and over to work. routines like this reddit shit it based on one guy's shitty opinion

that's the one that i use... well kind of modified it a bit. 1x5 deadlifting is a meme anyways imo i'll write out what i do in a second here

bringing up SS lmao DYEL

I'd like to know what's wrong with it as well. I do something similar with some additions and I always worry my routine isn't as efficient as it should be.

>bringing up SS lmao DYEL
it has a lot of elements from SS in it. the starting weights, 3x5, the deloading, the linear progression. it even says in the intro he's trying to mix linear progression novice routines like SS with BB style workouts because that's what people want (which is true, it's just not as effective)

couldn't find any PPL routines in sticky

well which one is good then? why did you even mention SS when it is a strength routine for beginners

>why did you even mention SS when it is a strength routine for beginners
because it gives flat out better results in both strength and size than this routine.

>going to reddit

valid points, but i'm just saying that someone looking to do PPL is probably interested in hypertrophy, not strength. and despite common belief you do not need a baseline strength level to begin a hypertrophy program.

this is a great start to a ppl program, i would recommend doing deadlifts every pull day and doing more than 1x5. with deadlifts i typically do quite a few warm up sets that then culminates into doing my 5 rep max.

>i'm just saying that someone looking to do PPL is probably interested in hypertrophy, not strength
there's no difference in training for hypertrophy and strength for a beginner. beginners should add weight to the bar as quickly as possible while eating enough food to grow at a steady rate. specialized training is inefficient for beginners. intermediate and especially advanced trainees need specialization

>Nose rings

Why do women do this? Are they cattle?

i'm looking for a PPL routine for hypetrophy that is good for intermediates

instagram.com/sahar.luna/

Except this is Veeky Forums, half the people here are from leddit

just because you're a redditor doesn't mean everybody is man

>not wanting to be on a superior board

>implying
It's obvious when more people write /fit than Veeky Forums and regularly link to reddit with no consequences

Literally just about any routine will work if you stick with it and bust your ass. It isn't a fucking science project.

Shut the fuck up, this isn't /b/ and it's not 2008. Everyone gets that smaller subreddits are fine.

Hello fellow Redditor :) XD

I'm doing this routine, should i add warm up sets for the deadlift and do it on both pull days? The dead is my favourite lift so I'd prefer to do it this way, but it won't hurt my progress will it?

It definitely won't hurt your progress. I've used a very similar routine for a while before jumping off to 5/3/1 and would use it again if I lost my strength/size all of a sudden.

Just do your warm-ups on your deadlifts and then your 1x5 set and that's usually enough. Doing it twice a week (as stated in the reddit thread) is just to give your legs a bit of rest, but if you feel like you can easily progress on your squat, then you should be fine. It just depends on your recovery time.

wtf is this autistic shit?

pls see a doctor and have yourself euthanized.

so why don't you fuck off to reddit?

You are not very smart. I am not from reddit and was simply pointing out that this board is filled with redditors and newfags compared to my home board.

get the fuck out

That PPL is basically GSLP + acc turn into a split. I was doing Veeky Forums GSLP, this month I switched to that PPL. I've been seing better gains and performance at gym. I think it's mostly bc it's easier to do 1 heavy lift per day, and accessory work guarantee that is enough volume; which I felt lacking on 3 day full body routine, bc I my nerves got exhausted before my muscles. Anyways, it's a tried and true routine, even tho it wasn't made by a famous lifter or coach, bc many ppl on reddit already did it.

Should be said tho that your mileage may vary: some people do better on 3day full body routine, low reps high intensity only, other do better in splits with lots of volume and not so much intensity per training session. If you did not find your groove yet, I suggest to read this article by Poliquin (the most reputated coach when it comes to bodybuilding):
> t-nation.com/training/five-elements

Source

Guys should I do deadlifts on leg day or back day?

What I've been doing recently is sumos on leg day, and normal deadlifts every other back day with barbell rows every back day.

Should I switch anything up?

Holy shit that article is the most retarded broscience I've ever read
It's not even broscience it's like brahstrology

The whole elements thing is bullshit, yeah. But you missed the good part, relating evaluation of reps after having done 1RM to appropriate volume for the lifter. That's very good info.

There's no such thing as a good PPL routine,

someone please respond

Do them on leg day, they hit your legs way more.

I do PPL with 3x5 heavy compounds, some weeks I try hitting a new PR for 1-3 reps, some weeks don't.

Then I do a lot of accessories for volume but mostly changing it a lot, I decide wich accessories I'll do after the compounds actually.

I'm finally getting gains again and getting stronger, while I have stalled on my previous strength routine. It just works, PPL is the best for me.

suck my cock dude

its good, there will most likely be a better one for your body, of course no one on here will be able to tell you what exercises work better for your body
but yes it looks like a good routine

How to get a qt septum wearing, aloof and posting vague shit on instagram gf?

Post routine

>that leg day
>deadlights once a week
never going to make it

The best part of ppl is being able to deadlift, front squat, and back squat all twice a week.

Those squat reps are also a joke. Go 3x3 or 4x5 or something.

If you consider yourself an intermediate you should be able to write your own program.

As long as you lift regularly and long enough, eat more than a starving Jew and hit every muscle group you'll get stronger and look better. I fucked around in the gym for a year without marking progress or following a routine and I made good mass. The point of a program is so you can track progress and know where to improve on. I'm doing Texas Method with some accessories I enjoy and it's great. Someone doing a brosplit can do just as well as I can and so can a PPL fag. Don't get hung up on what others do, do what makes you enjoy going to the gym.

A, the only one on fit doing HLM?

PUSH: Bench 3x5 and more sets of 3 or 1 to hit a new PR
dips 3x8
OHP 3x10
incline dumbbell bench 3x10 or 12
some tricep shit 3x10
cable cross (crossover idk the right name) 3x10
flies 3x10

PULL: deadlift, I increase the weight until my PR or a new PR with sets of 3-5 working up to it
Back and lat shit, like lat pull downs, 2 of these 3x10
hammer curls and normal curls until my biceps ir burn
leg raises for abs (maybe some pullups too)

LEGS: squats 3x5
leg press 3x10
lunges how many I feel like to
calf raises same as lunges

Basically this

oh, and leg raises on LEGS day too, I don't train abs on push day because I'm already dead after everything

FUCK, forgot shrugs on PULL day. Now that's it.

First I was very focused on writing what I was going to train everyday, now I'm more flexible and seeing better results.

Just try to work each muscle group 1-2 times a week, giving them time to recover and eat well. Sometimes we overthink this routine stuff.

lol fuck off back to plebbit u asshatters.

Thanks

You're welcome

Why (weighted ?) dips before OHP? Also, how do you change the sequence on 2. push day? Do you start with OHP, switch over to incline bench, or something else?

Because my chest is lacking while my shoulders are naturally big.

I'll change it to check my shoulder strength sometime though.

I always start with the bench press, the rest can change a lot, order, exercises itself etc

Never inclines as first? I mean, you can't do as much volume with it, but it should be good for upper chest.

I might start doing it sometimes, thanks.