When exactly did the Roman Empire fall?

When exactly did the Roman Empire fall?

the bathouses. the hot water boiled the testicles of the average roman and thus emasculated them and lowered fertility rates. this caused a shortage of manpower for the army to draw on, forcing an overreliance on germanic soldiers that held no loyalty to the empire.

an Empire falls when it is forgotten

That's bullshit but I believe it

He started the trend of taking power by force.

1 4 5 3

44 BC

>the roman empire fell
>because sulla helped it rise

It still lives on in the hearts and minds of most europeans and arabs

I'd argue after the death of Memestinian.

27 BC

Tbf if Sulla and Marius hadn't shown Rome that one Boi with an army loyal to im alone can take power the Empire would've been way more stable and probably could've survived longer. Obviously I don't see how without taking power we could ever have gotten an empire, but still the seed of the Empire was also the seed of its collapse.

Possible dates:

394 - battle of Frigidus, Rome is irreversibly Christian and ancient culture enters terminal stage. Cultural transition into middle ages starts.
476 - deposition of the last emperor who resided in Rome (Romulus Augustulus).
480 - death of the last emperor who claimed the rule over Rome (Julius Nepos).
1204 - fragmentation of the Eastern Roman Empire, the rest is just death throttles.
1453 - obviously
1461 - fall of Trebizond, last significant Byzantine successor state.
1475 - fall of the last Byzantine territory - Gothia in the Crimea.

combination of stuff like overextension which lead to corruption, lack of clear succession system, civil wars, plagues etc
decline fall of rome was a slow complex process, not some fucking event that happened in one day

1991 with the collapse of the Soviet Union.

>not some fucking event that happened in one day
1451 and 504 chump

The foundations of the Empire itself was unstable. Augustus' greatest problem during his reign was finding a successor capable enough to inhabit the vaccuum he would leave behind and prevent civil war.

Rome died with Tarquinius.

>implying it fell

This

753 BC

After conquering Dacia

Heraclius 610AD the Hellenization of the ERE

>Ottoman empire was not Rome

>394 - battle of Frigidus, Rome is irreversibly Christian and ancient culture enters terminal stage. Cultural transition into middle ages starts
You. I like you

That's right. It wasn't

Rome never fell, it's mantle was simply passed on. Through a combination of political marriages, successor states, and ideological struggles, this mantle changed hands from Rome, to west francia, to the HRE, to France, to Britain, and now rests with the USA.

Who gets it next, o wise one?

Whatever state succeeds the USA

>HRE
remove kraut

Mother Russia.