Hey /fit, so pretty much i have the figure of pic related...

hey /fit, so pretty much i have the figure of pic related, and im looking to know what muscles to target to eliminate this hourglass look. I dont want to work the hip abductors since it will worsen the look. should i hit obliques? im already hitting shoulders and lats hard. any advice is appreciated

If you have wide hips then forget about building a taper and just thicken up your midsection as much as you can with powerlifting work - heavy compounds, lots of food. Your shoulders are wide at least which will balance out a wide waist, like Jay Cutler.

genetics

sorry kid

this, give up on trying to be lean and just bulk up.

flying squirrelmode and delts

no.

what exercises would you recommend? how much ab work should i do every work out?

why no? sounds reasonable to me

You can say "no" all day long, but you'll still have wide hips.

Can wide hips be due to body fat? I'm thinking I should just bulk up and say fuck my cut.

wide hips here as well
I wouldn't suggest avoiding certain exercises for minimal aesthetic gain since it can create muscle imbalance resulting in potential injury
I believe people with wider hips have a bit more core strength(citation needed) so use that to your advantage

Wide hips are a skeletal issue. Nothing aside from surgery to shave down your skeleton would do anything, and nobody does that.

Love handles are another thing entirely, and are definitely fat. OP's pic is lean enough that we can tell it's not love handles, it's wide hips.

its not really wide hips as it is a small ribcage. thankfully, the sternum ossifies up until 25-ish. just do dumbbell pullovers and hope you can stretch out the cartilage/entice growth (bone responds to stress)

otherwise just keep building your upperbody

You mean as in being fat leads to developing wide hip bones? I think child obesity may cause that, but it's mostly genetics.

This.

desu the first thing I noticed was your lack of chest not your wide hips. You look good, bulk up and hit that chest. Having wide hips myself I can tell you it could be waaaay worse

I should bulk right?
I look like shit, but my lifts have been going up, I'm close to body weight on bench, my body weight is 165 my bench is 155.

Also posting this was fucking hard because I know I look like shit and my nipp hair looks gross

Why does no one read the sticky?

Bulk until you have actually got some muscle! Like at least 2 years of lifting minimum until you consider a cut.

If you cut sooner you will be so fucking dissapoitned so you'll go back to bulking. And you'll have wasted all that time and muscle cutting.

BULK HARD 2+ YEARS! If you're desperate for female attention only then you can cut. if you want to be a man bulk for life and get fkin thicc.

Quick rule of thumb:
Are you at least 200lbs? No? Then you're not a man yet. And boys shouldn't cut.

I know this feel

I read the sticky countless of times. I never knew what would be best for my body but thank you.

You sound fat. I'm only 5'10, Manlet height but now I'm reassured

This! Here's my goal body

>wide hips
>narrow shoulders

kys me please

hang in there youre not alone

Basically all tilting and rotation exercises of the torso will train the muscles on the sides of your core.

Some exercises:

1. Take a heavy barbell into one hand and slowly tilt your torso from left to right, do a set of that and switch sides, repeat.
2. Take an elastic band and attach it to a wall hook or similar, in shoulder height. Hold the other end in your hand and do a slow rotational punching motion. Do a set and switch sides.
3. Crunches, but you rotate your torso while going up.

Usually people build those muscles as a side effect of compound exercises, are you not doing many compound exercises?

There's still hope for you. OP is irredeemable

>40462746
OP here, pic is not me, i said it is like me, however, im not that bad.