/plg/ powerlifting general

Welcome to /PLG/ – Powerlifting General. Primarily for the purpose of becoming a better athlete on the platform, but all forms of strength training accepted!

>return to glory edition

Post progress, PRs, meet videos, schmexy lifts, or anything strength training related!
PowerliftingGeneral.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r9hvX6qYy_s
youtube.com/watch?v=xpzdVVcfY5I
youtu.be/OwKdXEnbSmU
youtube.com/watch?v=1dPSQPdBBq0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good thread

getting fat lads
gonna have to cut soon

rapid fat loss is best. it's like ripping a band aid off
instead of doing it slowly as fuck trying to stop it from ripping any hairs out just get the damn thing off ASAP so the hairs can get back to growing

Just smoked 445 for a single on deadlifts @7.5-8 rpe

agreed
but want to do another training cycle while I have momentum going

iktfb

nice job, BW?

Lads I summoned an NPC so I could beat Pontiff Sulyvahn. Am I a cheating fraud?

I always do.

absolutely

gj user

192 this morning usually float between 188-192. Bulking to 230ish long term cuz I'm 6foot tall and I still look twink ish at 190

Thanks

It's exactly like ripping a bandaid off. It's an old wives' tale and has been proven to be more painful than doing it slowly.

Though rapid fat loss WILL cause rapid fat loss. But it is unduly detrimental to your lifts, if you intend to compete in powerlifting, or any other strength based sport (which is most of them). If you're lifting in order to look good and have sex with women like some kind of faggot, it's not a bad option.

Is it just me or are dark souls boss fights kindof stupid

>roll
>roll
>stab boss in ass
>roll
>roll
>dodge AOE
>roll
>roll
>stab in ass

Only reason to play is pvp.

desu fast or slow both work just fine
and no rapid fat loss won't be detrimental to your lifts unless you do it for months at a time. But if you're have to cut for months then your lifts are going to be hit anyway
It's been shown in studies that rapid fast loss won't cause you to lose more muscle mass than slow fat loss. Thus I'd rather do it quick so I can be in a surplus for a larger % of the time meaning building muscle for a longer time

Block pull 220kg x2 easy. 240 went up but pulled my right erector again within 2 months from last time. Was going to compete in may, now i do not know.

Literally me a year and 4 months ago. Good job user, keep up the good work.

no

Thanks. Im hoping 500 lbs fall at the end of memementum

The subject can die when Rafaello fucks off.

shoo shoo

This post was made by Rafael as an attempt at damage control because he is now facing consequences for his actions. Report and filter.

Well it sure as shit isn't going to die so long as idiots like you keep bringing it up out of the blue.

So it's not about some ethical sense of justice, it was always about just trying to bully trappy from ever posting again.

Hope this clears up the confusion for those that were supporting the assaults to people's private lives.

>livia and rafael are friends on facebook
>this makes lying about who you are and pretending to be someone else to live out some narcissistic sexual fantasy okay

Any right to privacy you had vanished the minute you started posting your ex girlfriend online and pretending to be her. You made your bed now lie in it and rot.

I doubt trappy is leaving, so this either dies or it will be brought up every single thread.

And the only way for this to die off is for the community to turn on the posters who bring this drama up, instead of choosing sides on the conflict and throwing shit at each other and at trappy.

You can do it, just remember to eat more and try hard.

22 isn't too old to get into powerlifting is it /plg/ ?
I trained pretty hard as a teen, went to uni and lost my will to live from age 20 until about 6 months ago. Now I'm trying to get serious again. Starting with 1pl8 on the bar for form and gonna build up again from there. Will I regain my old strength? Or am I no better off than a skinny fat normie now?

Oh poor bullied Trappy.

He's a grown ass man living out a fantasy online. Now that all this shit is out maybe he can grow the fuck up.

Thanks i will, any numbers your shooting for after mikes meme project?

what sort of stupid meme is this dumb upside down grip benching

It's literally never too late with this sport. There's always something to be gained.
Of course you will gain back your old strength, quicker than you first got it too because deep down you've got some old ingrained motor patterns that will help you out along the way

Ok Sean.

You mean reverse grip benching?

It's better at hitting the triceps compared to regular bench of close grip.

As of testing I had 225/137.5/240. Hoping to get something like 235/142.5/250

Good shit man, hope you get those numbers

Thanks user. I needed to hear that.

>be me
>5 minutes ago
>2am
>drifting off to sleep
>hear what I think are people walking around my house
>live alone
>window is open a fair bit
>pitch black in my room
>all of a sudden my door is pulled wide open
>fight or flight response KICKS THE FUCK IN
>turns out it was just the pressure change and not closing the door properly that caused it to swing open
>laying in bed now with spiked adrenaline
>swear I can fucking hear people walking around

Rip sleep gains

Never too late user. I started lifting 2 years ago at 22. You just gotta be committed.

Its not motor patterns that are engrained, its the neuron connections. They stay no matter how atrophied your muscle gets.

Or something like that

Starting again should be a walk in the park

>in b4
Dead user

Sorry, I didn't know the correct terminology, but yeah the point remains

While the visuals are goddamn epic, and the difficulty level keeps things intense, they're goddamn stupid because the bosses almost invariably cycle through a moveset, at least one move will leave them wide fucking open to buttstabbing. If they never did this move, or used their most power move more often, they'd never lose.

They make the bosses too strong, and then make them beatable by making them a combination of OCD and retarded. That's not good design or storytelling.

The Witcher 3 big fights against monsters or key story characters were generally better about putting you on kind of even footing with creatures that CAN whoop your ass, but also couldn't immediately murder you if they had half a brain.

Dark Souls is the most overrated video game series of all time. It's like Led Zepplin. It's not bad by any stretch, it's just not that fucking good.

Lunges with dumbells is fucking retarted why did I do this?

Guys I'm watching jason blaha and he really knows his shit and his informative videos are really interesting deadly srs. He always references studies done on powerlifters too which is cool
youtube.com/watch?v=r9hvX6qYy_s

Because you're doing project momentum and you've never done lunges before.

At least that was my case today.

This is the sort of completely off topic bullshit I can get behind.

trappy plz go

Rate cutting diet. If I eat like this for a month will I die?

nah looks good
eat some more veggies thou, just carrots and broccoli if you want

What is rapid fat loss, exactly?

I guess 1kg per week or more of fat loss is considered rapid fat loss, since most people are advised to cut at a pace of 0.5kg/wk

>hating on Dark Souls and Zeppelin

Fuck you. Bet you've never played either.

>I'm an expert because I've seen some videos and heard some of their most popular songs.

it's the british term for fat loss that is rapid

Why are people saying it's like ripping off a bandaid?
Is there some optimal way of doing it?

cutting isn't fun so get over the mental block in your training by having a very large deficit

Fuck I just noticed I typed my trip in wrong, I also just noticed this one has "HIV" in it. Hmmm

>HIV
im sorry lad
i liked you

Compared to ripping off a bandaid as why drag it out instead of getting it over and done with ASAP so you can get back to training in a surplus

rolling

>not wanting HIV in your trip

>iQ

KEK

That's about right.

>HIV jz

I'm keeping it.

I played Dark Souls. The first one. I liked the game play all right, the look of the game was fucking staggering, but the storytelling is objectively shit. Hipster dipshits beating off to the difficulty (which was a fun challenge) kept confusing nonexistent storytelling with minimalist storytelling. And the Boss Cycles Exploitable Moves boss fights were tedious about as often as they were fun.

I don't have to be able to play Zepplin to know that Kashmir is fucking terrible and to turn the radio station the instant it comes on. Just like I don't have to play basketball to know LeBron is a diving pansy.

Cutting a lot at once fucks with your lifts. You lose some muscle mass, but beyond that being constantly hungry makes you feel weak and you can't train at nearly the same intensity.

Some people don't like this so they try to cut slow.

Other people don't want to train at a caloric deficit so they try to cut fast and keep the training intensity light before going back on a surplus and training hard.

How important do you guys find chinups and hyperextensions to be?

How do you program them?

>objectively shit
back to /v/ with the other 15 year olds

>cut fast and keep the training intensity light
Not really a good idea, low intensity while cutting hard is actually quite a blunder. Keeping the weight on the bar is what lets your body know you need to keep the muscle mass you have.
What you want to do is cut way back on the volume but boost the intensity and possibly frequency.

>chinups
Watch this video in its entirety, it's very interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=xpzdVVcfY5I

idk I've played it and it's really not that good

It's just a RPG grinding game with a very monotonous boss combat style

I prefer good mornings to hyperextensions these days. I always warm up to squat or deadlift with some good mornings, but haven't found a place for them on project momentum yet. Probably going to do them on my Thursday workout days.

Hammer grip chin-ups are my pull of choice. I like to do them for 4x6 or 5x5 twice a week

No idea if anyone's prepping for their first meet but CWS just posted this video and thought it was pretty good
youtu.be/OwKdXEnbSmU

Frog powerlifting should watch this

Talk about the sport of powerlifting you fucking egg-head Down syndrome jerkoff motherfucker

>9 albums
>hear one song
>'they're shit'

Garbage opinion there friendo.
p.s. I don't even listen to much dad rock anymore.

>no

Sounds like serious nitpicking, and case of trying to tiptoe over straight out calling it artificial difficulty and you have to cheese it.

Also lol at judging Zeppelin by one song. Kashmir doesn't even sound like any of their other songs. They have a lot of songs user, and I called exactly how you judged them.

If you can come here and tell me Over The Hills and Far Away for example is a bad song I will call you a lying sack of shit.

Strange question. Can I buy women's Romaleos IIs and size up?
Is there any reason that wouldn't work?

>He dares to modify the sacred program of memes.
Sacrilegious

It's a book written by Lyle Mcdonald that more or less details PSMF with a carb refeed once a week. Great for cutting quickly, and I generally don't lose poundage on my lifts with it either.

Call the cops, see if I give a fuck.

>post 8 week cycle

I don't see a difference. Is that the joke

Mike T doesn't need cops. He is a one meme army

Matched with a power lifter girl on tinder what say

hopefully she doesn't browse this thread or she'll think I'm some loser who goes on Veeky Forums

which routine or program are you using btw?

don't you need more carbs?

Rafaello posted in the last /plg/ thread that he filters posts that have trappy/livia etc. in the filename. New threads and discussions should use that so he can't see them.

ask what her wilks is and why she's not running sheiko

post her stats
pls respond need to squat 180 kilo by the end of this year

Rafaello hasn't posted since 2016 my dude.

Talk shit about her lifts.

I didn't think asian chicks were hot but
youtube.com/watch?v=1dPSQPdBBq0

I love how the only asian girls people think are attractive look really white

no look at the actual video not just the thumbnail she looks really asian

Hit some new prs these past 2 weeks
Bench: 245
Squat: 425
Diddly: 435
>165 lbs if anyone cares

Meme her about pulling sumo and eating ass.