Been stretching religiously everything related to squatting daily to fix my buttwink, for a whole fucking year

>been stretching religiously everything related to squatting daily to fix my buttwink, for a whole fucking year
>check my form with a video
>still buttwink
stretching is a useless meme
good form is entirely genetic and depends on your proportions which you cannot change
prove me wrong
protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

leehayward.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/butt-wink.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dafukisabuttwink?

>this

cbf saving image and posting. see this:

leehayward.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/butt-wink.jpg

Stretching can increase ROM but it cant fix inherent skeletal problems.

post video of you being a butt twink

no serious though, you're probably going too low in your squat. post your video.

Implying it's a fucking problem in the first place.

So what you're not ideally built for an arbitrary excercise designed by humans for men with tiny femurs

Keep your lower back straight while stretching. Don't do it every day. Also foam roller helps a lot.

No shit but if youre looking at it like OP its a fucking problem. If you're banging your head against a wall because of your expectations (however skewed they may be) its a fucking problem.

If you can't squat without problems then find an alternative that works for you. Jeff Cavalier from Athleanx basically had the same exact problem (not trying to shill his channel whatsoever, OPs post just reminded me of a video he posted about advice he wishes he had when he was younger) basically he eventually replaced squat with reverse Lunges and worked up to doing it with 200 lbs. My point is if you do not have the proportions then nothing wrong with finding an alternative.

>going too low in your squat
Unless he's going through the floor, it's not too low.

Legs are overrated anyway

what stretches are you doing?

i cured my buttwink with:
>piriformis stretches
>hamstring stretches (with belt and doorframe)
>static goblet squats
>ankle mobility stretches

all of those, three sets, held for one minute each; done three times a week

>you're probably going too low in your squat

disapproving_rippetoe.jpg

ALSO:

try low bar squats, and get some decent lifting shoes with a raised heel

if you have shitty flat feet, look into stretching therapy (check the archive)

Its your ankles...

Static stretching is bullshit after a while. Youre just turning off muscles and inhibiting your nervous system and creating looseness which can make your buttwink worse.

But still, do multiple tests for everything lower body, and start ruling out what has adequate flexibility and what doesnt.

Taller people with longer femurs require much much more ankle mobility to compensate for their mechanical disadvantage.

post glutes so we can get a better idea of how we can help

record yourself doing goblet squats and post video. 90% of the people that have buttwink aren't activating their muscles correctly and keep them tight during entire bottom squat portion thus relaxing their pelvis so it tilts

What? So is he too tight or too relaxed?

you should stay tight throughout the whole squat movement and never relax your muscles

rippetoe doesn't advise doing ATG squats

bad advice

Get lifting shoes.
fixes everyones form