HOME EQUIPMENT

Veeky Forums what's your take on buying your own workout equipment and making your gym at home.
The only option for me for a gym (that has a FUCKING squat-rack because everything around me is planet fitness) is NYSC, which is pretty pricey and sucks dicks. There's so much bullshit in fees and if I don't like it, that's another fee to cancel. In the long run, I save money buying my own equipment.
Don't gotta worry about when the gym opens or closes.
Don't have to worry about shit being too crowded or equipment being hogged.
Don't gotta worry about damaged or dirty equipment.
No hygiene problems with other people.
No smelly unsecured locker room.
I have no problem working out with other people, i tend to like the vibe and when I did so in High School at a local Rec center, everyone there just tried to encourage and help, so that's not really an issue, but I can also work out alone just fine.
Only disadvantage is not being able to ask a random person to spot me (and even then, most of them don't fucking know how to spot).
I pretty much consider it a no brainer to just buy your own squat-rack and bench.

However, I have NO IDEA what to trust in terms of quality.
What do you guys recommend? I'm only doing Barbell training right now, so I just primarily need a squat rack and a bench for bench press. I'm also always confused as to whether or not some of the pricey options INCLUDE the weight plates or not, and how much they cost. There's a huge amount of variation and I'm getting no where searching for things myself.
General home fitness discussion is welcome, but I'm more concerned with the equipment. I really want to buy my own rack

Other urls found in this thread:

titan.fitness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's worked pretty fine for me.
I had the cheapest get up (bench bar and bells) and made great gainz, but my leg work was heavily lacking. lately i've managed to get my hands on a proper cage, and I regret all the time I couldn't do regular squats.
tl:dr just do it

I'm not asking if i SHOULD do it, I'm asking for recommendations on equipment. I'm relatively poor, but I'm willing to drop a couple of hundred to save a thousand in the long run; signing up for some shitty over priced gym membership.

All I need is a squat rack (that can also do bench press, unless they all by default can) and the weights themselves, but I need to be sure of what I'm buying because it's a lot of money.

i use this and its working fine, you cant lift really heavy but you can still make lots of gains

Just keep an eye on craigslist. They go up for sale all the time after someone visits snap city.

I have a barbells and plates and do all compunds with that (instead of benching and squating, i floor press and bulgarian split squat). No real need for more than that.

I thought about USED equipment.
Then I remembered my history of used buying used and it always ends up with me buying NEW sooner than later. So no go on the used stuff, it's safer anyway.
This list is useless in that I already know that I need those things, I'm asking for what the GOOD version (bang for buck) of those things are. As in, what squat rack, what brand and shit. I know there's got to be shitty companies out there and I wanna be sure of where my money is going.

A strongman yoke provides a squat rack/Bench rack/spotter arms as well as, y'know, being a yoke.

Yoke + Bench + Oly bar + SSB would be my first purchases, and probably my only purchases for a long time

what exactly can go wrong with used barbell & plates if you check them out before you buy them ?
It is not like you are talking about electronics or a bunch of mechanical parts.

Just make sure the olympic bar is sound.

sorry i couldnt help you on your search to get spoonfed and surely there are lots of low quality equipment out there are kills people all the time because it randomly breaks even you put less weight on it than it says it can hold.

the best "cheap" bar i would suggest is rogue bar 2.0.

that's assuming some other, equally good, and comparably cheap bar hasn't hit the market since i last checked a year ago.

you can find sturdy cages for pretty cheap as well. the issues are that they don't have the bells and whistles (like a pull up bar and attachments) and are generally made with only function in mind.

i hope it goes without saying that you should buy plates used.

who the fuck would buy brand new plates?

rubbers only pls.

Valor BD-7 Power Rack with Low Row and Pull Down attachment is this a ok rack? Also would you pay 300? It's around 490 new. I really want a rogue r3 but it's mighty expensive

You're looking at best £20 a month for gym membership here in the UK so £240 a year. I've saved a ton having my own gym for five years. It was a bit if an outlay at first but now I get to work out for free.

anything wrong with getting a weight set at walmart?

titan.fitness this is were I buy most of my equipment

>what squat rack, what brand and shit
It's all the same shit until you're seriously strong

What you should consider is the type of shit you are buying.

I dont think those cheap pairs of squat stands are very safe or practical, for instance

Was wondering that last night. Looked at Gold's Gym stuff there, looks pretty cheap.

I love this bait desu

I bought pic related, a kit with a barbell, dumbells and some plantes and a few more plates after.

I would need a bench now, tips for finding one? It doesnt even need to have barbell rest as I can use pic related for both safeties and barbell rests.

Avoid the cheap adjustable benches as they have shit stability and weight limit

If you want a cheap one go for a simple flat bench with a good weight limit

I've been looking and this is the one I saw that supports an acceptable weight, even though its foldable and adjustable; haven't seen a single flat, sturdy one that supports enough weight, surprisingly:

https :/ /www :) amazon :) es/Ultrasport-Compact-Musculación-Plegable-Máxima/dp/B01N6S8ORW/ref=sr_1_45?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1487806332&sr=1-45