Creatine Any Good?

Any legit benefits or is this just another hyped supplement?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine#Health_effects
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buy creatine monohydrate from myprotein for like 12 bucks take 5 grams a day for 8 weeks and see for yourself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine#Health_effects

Ta fucking da

IT doesn't have to be micronized. Just good ole creatine monohydrate

One of the few supplements that's been thoroughly researched and not only shown to be effective, but safe as well.

I used to be on creatine for a while and it was the greatest thing ever, I stopped out of fear for going bald (it's a myth, it won't make you go bald but can possibly speed up the process if you are prone to balding).

Point being, I just started back up on it again last week, all my lifts are up, I look better, more energy working out. I don't care if its half mental, I fucking love creatine. Shit is the bomb, cheap as dirt too

i remember in 5th grade health class learning about creatine and how itll destroy your body and test.

Does it matter if powder or pills?

Is it OK to try creatine if I don't work out?

FFS you could've answered this with a google search

It's one of the most tested supplements out there.

>Will it work
Yes, assuming you don't have side reactions to it like bloating and other things.

Helps with recovery between sets and pushing the last reps. It's not magic, you still have to focus.

I grew white hairs from it. That's why I stopped and I really miss using it.

>I grew white hairs from it.
How do you even know this wasn't coincidence?

People are saying it could lead to balding or anything with hair related.
Hair loss, graying and shit. But that's worst case stuff

It gives me pretty bad acne so I don't use it
Feels batman

I used this a year ago and seems like it does nothing for me.

>creatine

It's like you WANT to destroy your hairline.

Hairline is already RIP. Shaving the last of my hair off in a couple of weeks. Tfw only 21. Any bald bros have advice for making the best of it?

>5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate every day for the rest of your life
- Mark Rippetoe

This. 700+ research papers have been released on the taking of creatine.

Take 3-5 grams per day and in about 2 weeks you will see significant increase in your lifts.

Micronized if better. More surface area == more uptake. Just buy standard monohydrate.

All the studies show no difference or even lesser effect of all the "fancier" creatine powders.

It draws water to it. Do not take more than 3-5 grams or you will get shitty stomach pains, bloat and get the runs.

Ordered a 500g bag from myprotein, is 18 too young an age to get on it or should I be fine?

Creatine side effects are:
- diarrea and bloating
- kidney damage IF you already have problems with kidneys
- formaldehyde production increase to levels that are deemed to be still acceptable for healty kidneys to filter
Creatine positive effects for lifts are:
- acts like a sponge in your muscles, storing water and releasing it when it's mostly needed, i.e. during exercise
- muscles get slightly bigger in weight and volume due to stored water
That's it. It isn't a fucking hormone or shit that can lead to manboobs or flaccid willie, just the stuff that stores water closer to consumption point.
tl;dr - it's safe to eat 3-5 grams/day unless you have problems with kidneys, in such case it's not safe.

Thanks, just wasn't sure if any studies had been conducted on guys my age

you forgot the worst side effect of all: balding

yes

I have been using minoxidil for the last couple years to slow down my receding hairline since I was 20. Im 24 now and it seems to have worked

I used to think it was a meme but my hairline has noticeably receded over the years

Receding hairline here, I've gotten to the point where I've accepted it and I've started to just do a low buzzcut about once a week

You... and every single other male on the planet.

b-but im 22

Never noticed before that his hands are on the weights.