Be Honest

Be honest, are vitamins a meme?

I feel like I could stop taking them and feel/notice zero difference...

yes they are one of the biggest memes along with bcaas, preworkout, and creatine

Not vitamin D3.

I started taking D3 (5000iu/day) about three weeks ago and have literally noticed nothing

>preworkouts

nah, I legit feel fantastic going into a workout after taking a preworkout

Take more, faggot.

how much, bitch tits?

everything other than vitamin d is not worth taking unless you have a disease or a confirmed deficiency
aphrodisiacs like vitamin d, zinc, longjack on the other hand, are not memes

>vitamin d, zinc
I'm not gonna counter-singal you on that but you can get those without taking pills just by going out in the sun and eating right

>creatine
I will fight you fgt.
>preworkout
Most of them just load caffeine on you.

Most peeps prob need vitamin D but besides that yeah they're pretty redundant except in extraordinary circumstances

Creatine is a meme slick, its also a great indicator that someone is a dyel

I take 5000iu/day of vitamin D....everything I am reading seems to say only take 4000iu or less. What is the right daily dosage?

Only use them them on cut.

Also take fish oil because family genetics mean my heart will explode early and I am allergic to fish.

yes, but upping the doses with pills gives a noticeable effect
if you're taking it orally, you're not absorbing all 5000 ius. maybe 4000 if you're taking it up the ass

>expecting vitamins to make you feel euphoric

Shit im allergic to iodine and i take 2 fish oil capsules on the daily am i fucked or what?

I am taking it orally. How much do u think my body is absorbing realistically?

why is creatine a meme
it's useful when you're cutting to prevent muscle loss
it can work for bulking and maintenance too but it doesn't do shit for 10% of people and it doesn't sub for roids but can give you a decent boost
also the balding shit only effects you if you're already balding or have a family history of balding
I personally don't use it but I see no problem with people who do use it

the way Hulk Hogan hyped them up you'd think they would

>cutting
>using creatine

its like you wanna stay bloated and retain water weight

i can't answer that question for you, sorry
i'd imagine that taking them with big or fibrous meal would help with absorption, or rather, making it through the stomach

1g per lb of bodyweight, just like anything else. Do you even nutrition?

It's effects are negligible at best

so it sounds like you pulled that out of your ass then huh?

>taking vitamin D3 by the gram

Its measured in IUs kiddo...idk the conversion calculation

Wow, don't listen to this please

> going out in the sun
that really depends where you live
i have like 4 hours of sunlight in winter and those are when people work

all you have to do is hop off and you'll shed the excess weight. If anything it will exaggerate the effects of the cut if you wait until you're done to cut the creatine.

Sounds like the GNC guy sold u up the river bud

Magnesium

I take them when I fast. I don't notice a difference in days where I fast without them though. It's just something I do because people recommend it.

237 pounds from 280 in November. Eat like I always do on saturday, fast on Sunday and cut on weekdays.

Not sure if the multivitamins do anything. I take fish oil too, just not on fasting days.

i take:
>Multi
>Fish Oil
>Magnesium
>Zinc
>D3
>COQ10

Zinc is probably the only one i really notice a difference with

So a vitamin is usually a precursor to a coenzyme which binds to an enzyme and it either needs to be there for a reaction to happen or just help things move along more quickly.
This is a very simple explanation, but the gist of it is if you already have enough of that vitamin, you do not really need to take anymore cause it will not do anything and you just pee it out if it is water soluble
If it is fat soluble then it can be dangerous to take a large amount. An example is Vitamin A which people mega dose to treat acne and is actually what acutane roughly is and it can have very harsh effects on the liver if not monitored

Snort them

You notice it over months, not days. Furthermore most of them are more about keeping good levels for optimum bodily functions over a lifetime. its the tiniest difference now that adds up to a better state when you are 70.

That said getting anything other than the basic vitamins are a waste - as are specific ones like "joint health" or "brain power".

Unfortunately human bodies are designed to run well on the minimum rather than exceed at the maximum, so you get dimishing returns by really cleaning your diet, getting all your nutrients and working out.

Vitamins wont make you feel greatly different to someone who just easts bread and ketchup day after day, just like weightlifting doesnt make you greatly bigger than a regular human form (short of fraud). Id say its still all worth it for the small differences but in many ways its all a meme - you can eat like crap, never move and smoke and still die at 70.

the only supplements that I've taken and I'm sure they help me are zinc, vitamin C and creatine
I do take a multi and D3 but I've never noticed any 'tangible' effects
just my personal experience

if you are getting at least 15-20 min of sun every day then taking vitamin D is useless

you've hit the nail on the head m8

he was taking stronger "vitamins"

u need d cause you're a neet, and u need magnesium, k2, and vitamin e cause they get depleted when u take vitamin d.
also vitamin b gives you energy.

eat healthy and get the same effect as taking vitamins.

ZINC + VITAMIN D + FISH OIL

the holy trinity

Getting real tired of throwing up from zinc lads

Take more magnesium.

Bonus: the excess magnesium can cause diarrhea but excess zinc cures it.

>take pills to counteract adverse effects of other pills

Only in muricah

vitamins =/= pills you stupid fucking bonglandian

I just eat something light about a half hour before I take it.

This

Well they are.

Have tried a shit-ton of vitamins and minerals and can confirm a great deal of them are memes, HOWEVER the following did provide legitimate benefits for me:

>Vitamin D3 5000iu (Useless if you're in the sun enough)
>Zinc
>Triglyceride Fish Oil
>Magnesium

just because some vitamins don't have immediate results doesn't mean they are meme. there's a reason why there is 13 essential vitamins

The only food that makes you feel euphoric is spinach.

what kind of difference do you feel when taking zinc? im considering buying some desu

most are garbage yeah, you need to go past the generic bullshit they sell in supermarkets and look to supplements like the Onnit range like Alpha BRAIN, SHROOM Tech & Total Primate Care. inforwars.com also carry a great range like Super Male Vitality & Brain Force Plus

>>COQ10
overpriced trash, imo

u might take D in winter in northern europe but its not necessary
other than that youre dumbass for eating supplements UNLESS you have visible deficits
sick? vit C
weird red stuff around lips? vit B complex
eye twitching? magnesium
lab results showing deficiency? you know the drill
sure supplements can aid But you should focus on fixing up your diet first

Biggest meme ever, all you need are eggs, milk, cheese and meat.

I started taking D3 because I don't go outside
Fish Oil is probably good you can't eat fish too often.

What is zen for anyway?