antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies

>Safest Static Hold Progression

Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs

www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>FAQ

>is my routine good?
if it has no progression, you are just doing cardio and maintaining

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement
youtube.com/watch?v=LpO5-k8zW9o
youtube.com/watch?v=PQQ3vLn9BVw
youtube.com/results?search_query=calisthenics battle
youtube.com/watch?v=1NLRNwrG7y4
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_423692&feature=iv&src_vid=1NLRNwrG7y4&v=lf5AozYgEK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Running over leftover unanswered posts from previous thread

>Can I substitute my pushup progression with plache work instead

Not really, planche need straight arm strength, while push ups bend your arm

>My goal is 180. Is that too crazy? I'm losing about 2 pounds per week.
No goal is crazy, the crazier the goal the better, keep going senpai.

>if I want to get stronger and put on some muscle, where should I start?
to other user who answered your post, provided some good info, but I have some to add

For biceps BW peak is close grip pull up (excluding one arm pull up) so after you can do those, you will need to add weight to get bigger

For triceps, parallel dips is peak (excluding one arm hand stands) so again, add weight at that point.

is a correct front lever hollowbody, or completely straight
also scapula retracted and depressed, correct?

according to foundation, your body is straight and focus points are:
>feel the hands pulling down strongly towards the hips
>press shoulders back and the toes forward strongly

thanks homie

My legs are like toothpicks, what do I do? Just a lot of squats?

pistol squats, yep, but after 5x15r you need to add weight

Lads, am I overtraining if I do a full upper body workout every two days?

>pistol squats
how 2 add weight in pistol squat
mine are toothpicks too

Hold a kettlebell/dumbell or some shit liek that in your hands.

deep step ups v. shrimp squat v. pistol squat

any pros and cons to them compared to each other

nah, if you split muscle groups you could do ABxABxx

what can you do pistol squats now? put on backpack, put heavy shit in it

no idea wtf first one is but shrimp vs pistol is weight distribution, pistols need higher mobility than shrimps, also the images google provided, looks like shrimp squat is not full rom

>split muscle group
Currently I do all my groups in a day (time restraints, never know when the next opportunity to work out will be) but this week and a bit I've worked out last Friday, Sunday, Tuesday and probably today. Should I leave it until tomorrow? Or go for it today and then wait until Sunday again?

deep steps ups have larger rom i imagine

Halp me lads

Ax is perfectly good schedule, just have a deload week at some point.

this is a slow board, user

Ok, cheers very much!

How the fuck do you do pistol squats? Whenever I try my legs can't bend any further than like a little bit.

You need mobility for pistol squats, senpai, if you have the strength to do single leg squat, work the shit out of your mobility

How do I work for mobility exactly?

Stretching, if you want more info, it's in Foundation, under SLS progression.

If I can only OHP 55kg and I weigh 83kg, do I stand zero chance of completing a vertical push up?

beginner here. whats GB fundamentals about? do I just start with foundation one? cant find any torrent of fundamentals.

You should be able to to a head stand push-up against the wall if you try.

Foundation series starts from such low point, that honestly only a physically disabled vegetable wouldn't be able to start doing it.
Yes, start from Foundation One

depends, if you 5x5r 55kg, you might be able to 1RM vertical push up, from strenght perspective, but you will fail to balance yourself or break your wrists trying

I'm doing SS. For accessories I'm doing pullups, chinups and dips.

Can you recommend any other bodyweight stuff to add?

Guys I need your opinions.
I want to lose weight and I have read the guide on this board but it only covers weight lifting. Is there any difference to be exercises? (In terms of reps and sets). Can someone please link me to an amateur routine that is similar to the routine in the guide.

look through foundation, it has 7 gymnastic movements with proper names, you can pick and choose if you want to do them all or just a few you like.

Pistols done correctly have all the ROM your legs are capable of.

start by doing them assisted, holding a pole or chair
Then your goal becomes to be less reliant on using thr support

Learn how to dragon flag for kicks

Friendly bonk

I do horizontal pulls using a sturdy wood table. The wood forms a 90 degree corner where I grip, which can hurt. Also my palms/fingers sweat, causing the surface where I grip to become slick and I'll have to reset my grip during a rep, which I don't think is good. Solutions?

Does anyone here do Frog Stand/ Crow pose? Am I supposed to feel it in my traps a lot?

gloves

or do em at like a playground

For straight arm/bent arm splits, the straight arm stuff is like levers n planche work and bent is like pushups and pullups??

holy shit guys , after doing calisthenics off of these guys youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement

my lower back feels much better (yoga is the only thing that used to help); starting to feel a little stronger. hopefully i can do it 6 months or so and see what happens

Bent arm can also include bent arm planche.

is bent arm planche even an exercise

shit feels like 100 percent balance to me

I feel it in my front delts a bit but my legs are pretty big so maybe thats why i find it challenging.

Towel

You mean in planche progression? I don't think you should, but I am not there yet so.

Yes, Foundation splits like so:
straight arm: Front+Side lever, sPL, Manna
bent arm: Rope Climb, Hollow Body Press

It's a 'skill' exercise

I have a question for you guys.

I'm training for a military selection and I have to do a lot of situps, pushups and pullups in order to pass. I train 3x a week, with 3 sets for each exercise, short pauses (45 to 60s between sets, 1'45 to 2' between exercises). By the end I always get nauseous. I've been told that it could be dehydration, but I'm afraid that it could actually be overexertion. If it's indeed overexertion, would I be sabotaging myself? Is overexerting bad for general endurance or will I get used to it in time?
pls halp

you mean you feel like you gonna vomit? you shouldn't exercise right after eating, depending on how much I eat for dinner I sometimes have to wait 3h before I can work out, usually it's 2h

yeah, I know that and I usually wait around 2-2.5h. This morning was around 2.5h after breakfast.

so do you feel like you are going to puke? then wait longer
if you feel light headed, you need carbs

Progression for human flag?

inverted rows
planks

Foundation, Side Levers

Hey, kids! Ever wanted to fucking kill yourself? No? Then try
>compression work

tell me more, doggy

Bump.

Can do an L-sit just fine. As of yesterday make new routine after reading half of overcoming gravity. Try the straddle L-sit. I can barely spread my legs at 90°, let alone lean forward and shift weight to hands.
So I did some compact pike stretches, I can get my head to my knees, and compact straddle stretches- basically fuck my shit up.
Training hip flexors by placing hands in front of hips and then lifting legs up, straddled or not, should help, right?

all i have is a pull up bar and my skinny lank body

how to get jacked bwg style?
can i just do a fuck load of pull ups and chin ups?
do i need to buy some of those dip things you set on the floor?

calibros help a fatty out
i have weights but no place where i could use them and also no cash for a gym membership
im 250lbs 6ft1
i cant do pull ups
i can do 6 pushups in a row
can someone give me some kind of routine or maybe a template?

are you having trouble with flexibility leaning foward? thy this stretching
youtube.com/watch?v=LpO5-k8zW9o

do shit from foundation, eat more

Foundation, suits any fat fuck with no strength
What do you mean you have no place where to use your weights? If you have no room for rows and no pull up bar, your biceps will not develop

By any chance, does anybody have T1DM, is on a keto diet and is doing bodyweight shit?

>Stretch lower body 2x a week, focus on hamstrings
>Pike compression 2x a week... 3x(15s x 2 with 45s rest in between)

I still cannot for the life of me fully extend my legs in a V-sit. I only train the actual V-sit once a week now because I'm under the assumption that my flexibility is the only limiting factor.

Any advice please?

what stretching guide are you using? are you doing it properly? 30s holds?

Not using a guide mate.
>are you doing it properly?
what do you mean by this?
>30s holds?
sorry should have explained better

so I do 15s, rest 45s, then do 15s again. I repeat this for 3 sets with 2mins rest in between sets.

yea, you are doing it wrong
same video in

V-sit is a lot about leaning back and putting the pressure on your triceps. You need strong triceps more than flexibility.

Anyone have a progression guide for a muscle up?

What's the position in the photo called? And what can you do from it?

Rope Climb in Foundation

no idea what's it called, looks like a transition to ring stand or planche

We need a /bbg/.

Bodybuilding general.

Ok thanks I'll try doing that 2x a week.

Are my rep ranges for the pike compression okay?

>also, chekd

If I were you I would just go to the park. You could also do dips on a chair, bench, table or whatever you find.
> how to get jacked bwg style?
> skinny lank body

how is your eating going? I am also skinny af, but over the past 2 months I've forced myself to eat according to my goals. You can get jacked without dips, but you can't get jacked without eating adequately.

>can I just do a fuck load of pull ups and chin ups?
youtube.com/watch?v=PQQ3vLn9BVw
This video might help you, around 3-4min starts the part concerning you. With bodyweight you have to progress to harder exercises, harder variations of pull ups and chin ups. It would be better if you do 10 weighted pull ups instead of 50 normal ones. Better for getting jacked.

The best thing I can advise you is to listen to that other guy, give Foundation a try. It's easy to follow, because you have a plan for the next 2 years what to train each day.

Can anything bad come of training on a hard floor? Recently started doing some eccentric dragon press shit and I just noticed some 2-3'' in diameter brown spots like from bruising, but it doesn't hurt or anything. I shouldn't be too boney.

You post a lot of gymnastics. Now I want to watch some. Do you have any recommendations for a youtube channel or whatever you use?

go make one then

pic?

How to do a muscle up ? Like I watched a lot of videos on YouTube and I understand the grip , movement and so on , but everytime i try to do it i fail , is there a "secret" or someone has a better advice?

The motion is really weird. Once you can do a proper muscle up youll understand it.
Most tutorials are not helpful because they cant teach you how to really do it. Only you can.
Try doing negatives and Russian dips to understand the transition better.

what the hell is a compression?

some shit is in OP dude, if you want something to look at youtube.com/results?search_query=calisthenics battle

maybe doing both of these would help figure it out
youtube.com/watch?v=1NLRNwrG7y4
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_423692&feature=iv&src_vid=1NLRNwrG7y4&v=lf5AozYgEK4

>russian dips
did you mean single bar dips?

X is a speck of dust between the lens and camera. Sorry for shit quality.

p sure he means russian dip

simulates the same motion of the muscle up transition. only difference being the neutral grip

No i meant Russian dips as in the exercise on parallel bars. They teach you how to shift your weight forward like you would in a muscle up.

It's nothing serious. Mild skin trauma from being squished between surface and vertebrae

bump

Newbie here. How fast is it possible to lose weight if that’s your primary focus? This is what I want to do in the summer holiday. Is it possible to lose one kilogram a day? One kilogram every two days? Even one kilogram every three days or two kilograms every five days would be OK. Is that possible and how should I do it? Is it possible to harm myself from exercising too much?

fastest way to lose weight is to starve, just drink water

read the sticky, don't starve

Just found Parallettes 1 and 2 by GMB, anyone have any experience with either of these programs? Are they worth doing? Thanks

What's the closest thing I can get to substitute this thing in pic related? Can I do it like the black stick man?

How high should a parallette bar be for beginners? I'm planning on mostly doing progressions to get up to planches, like frog stands and stuff like that.

eh, I just do it on the ground and lift fit in the air

if you only want to grab on to them, then like 10cm?

How far are you in your foundation progressions?
Do you guys use anything else beside foundation?
What are your bodyweight routines, if that's the case?

Im doing my own routine with my own preferred exercises

Why's the blue stickman's dick sticking out?

So i hear about foundation and also eggs calosthenics youtube

But im pretty much doing pushups, pullups, dips and plank for now until i can do fecent amounts - is that ok?

Yeah. Thats actually the best way to get started. Basics are the foundation.
People shouldnt even bother with advanced moves if they havent mastered the basics.

May I recommend someone putting the most important shit (like the very basics) of foundation into a txt or make a copy pasta for a second post out of it ? Because there are people, for example from certain countries, that cannot use the p2p downloads for the sake of not going to jail - and lack the monies

Thank you.

Only thing im worried about is i think some kind of impigment in my left shoulder on dips

I think ill get bands and wrok on form and also shoulder mobility

where are you from, buddy?