Up or down?

Whats the difference anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nod_(gesture)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Up- if you think they are above/better than you
Down-if they are equal or below you

wrong, so wrong.

up is if you want to say hi to the person after the nod, friendly, you nod up if youre happy to chat for 30 seconds

down is acknowledging eachother but knowing both are in a rush and cant be bothered talking

Fuck I always nodded upwards even if I was in a hurry

Literally the opposite is true

Up is to people you know.

Down is an acknowledgement to strangers or people you know but don't want to/have time to talk.

>up=to a stranger you dont think is as good as you/someone who you know personally
>down=to strangers that you respect

>single upward nod
"Sup?"

>single downward nod
"Hello"

If you nod up to strangers you're autistic.

The nod hs nothing to do with superiority.

hmmm,
up is fine for people you know, but can be seen as to aggressive for people you don't know. Down is a better choice for strangers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nod_(gesture)

>being so autistic you have to come to an online fitness imageboard to overanalyze gestures

t. Autist who has no concept of social body language

i just tried this and it feels right.

Up to everybody.
Nodding down looks autistic

I should clarify this. Where I'm from if a stranger see's you and nods up and keeps their chin up, it is not friendly.

Up:
>exposing your neck, showing that you feel safe around the person
>around friends, shows trust and mutual cooperation; presages greeting and amicability
>around strangers; implies that they are far below you/not a threat, hence you are "safe around them"

Nod:
>a more solemn gesture in which the neck is guarded
>around friends, denotes seriousness/that the situation doesn't call for openness.
>to strangers, it acknowledges their presence, without giving a feeling of challenge or security.

It's the classic division of formal and informal. Informality around strangers suggests disrespect.

Just bee yourself, bro

I always nod up, because despite being 6ft 150 I have left over insecurity about neck fat from highschool where i was 5,5" 210.

>exposing your neck

I never thought about it like that but it makes total sense. It's cool how many little things like this are based on such primal instincts.

Up for acknowledgement
Down to let them know you're a failure

I don't know if this is real but pretty interesting anyway

younger than you up
older down

are none of you black lol?

>Being black