So I posted my deadlift form like a week ago, and it was the worst thing anyone's ever seen...

So I posted my deadlift form like a week ago, and it was the worst thing anyone's ever seen. Is this any better or am I still on my way to Snap City?

Ride your shins
look straight, not up
use your glutes

Find someone to coach you on form. Your deadlift is too squat-like, you need to learn how to hinge your hips.

according to rippetoe the bar should be riding your legs the whole time, so i think that means your shins should be closer to perpendicular to the ground (not sure tho, i'm pretty bad with deadlifts too)

it looks a bit better but needs more work

>according to rippetoe
Fuck Rippetoe
Learn from olympic lifters.

Cant tell for sure but it looks like your stance and grip is too wide. Bring your feet in a few inches and your hands to match. Ideally you want to be gripping the bar about 1-2 inches at most outside the smooth area.

Also stop looking forward. Keep your neck neutral. All ugly deadlifts seem to start with the person looking forwards.

Much better than last week, and you are maintaining a much more neutral lumbar spin, which is good.

That said, 2 big things: you are either setting up with the bar too far from your shins, or are allowing your shins to push the bar forward away from you, when you drop your knees forward to set your hips back.

The other thing, is you are still pushing the bar away from your knees -> away from your body on the negative, which 1)puts a lot of unnecessary stress on the back, and 2) puts the bar too far forward for a good starting position on the next rep.

However far from the bar to your shins are with this set, cut 3/4" - 1" off that distance, and dont allow the bar to be pushed forward by your shins when you let your knees drop forward.

Then squeeze the chest up while pulling the lats tight to set the hips and spine. Breath brace push your feet through the floor.

Still a little work to do, but much better than last week.

Weight on toes ? Switch to weight on heels and youll see the difference

>fuck Rippetoe
Looks like it's your first time on Veeky Forums little buddy.

chin is up, chest is up on the lift, so that's good; maybe try and keep your chest up a bit more bringing it down, but overall it's not bad.

>Weight on toes ? Switch to weight on heels

out of the frying pan......

There is a video on YouTube of Rippetoe squatting. People in the comments are criticizing his form.

It's impossible to do barbell lifts correctly.

better, still very jerky though. it's like you're slamming the slack out of it on the way up. When you unrack a squat bar you don't slam up into it, do you? Deadlift should be a smoother motion than that, atm youre putting unnecessary (and unhelpful) strain on your back by doing that

chest up all the wheyy

Can confirm. Pulled my neck once because for some reason I decided to look straight forward towards the mirrors. Right as I started lifting the bar I felt the tight pain in my neck.

Look in front of you at the floor. Only look up when you straighten your back. Act as if you have a neck brace that stops you from moving your neck. If you need to look up, use your eyes.

>chin is up
how is that good?

Are your hamstrings very tight or something?
Hips higher and more back at the start so you get better leverage.

I feel like that's the biggest issue.

My lower body flexibility is awful, especially in my left leg. Even after heavy stretching, most ROM I get is about 90% front-back and maybe like 75% left-right.

Holy shit you look exactly like me but less of a faggot

Olympic lifters don't deadlift. They do clean deadlift, with lower hip positioning, shoulders back, head up.

too vertical back position. Need to be more horizontal. Otherwise, not that bad.