/fat/ Fatty General

Last Thread: What is fatty general? A thread for fat members of Veeky Forums who want to start eating healthy and lose weight.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get though it to better ourselves.
At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

You worked out today, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/albertsons-fruit-and-nut-chicken-salad-354322293
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yea I did.

I dropped all sugar, and all soft drinks for two weeks now

But I still eat that kind of mayo without sugar for my mackerel.

Anyone know a good product that is not as fatty that you can put on food?

Siracha or Hot Sauces are pretty good depending on your taste. I put Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce on chicken and eggs all the time. Best part is almost all hot sauces are 0 cals, just double check though.

Mix mayo with nonfat mayo, Greek yogurt or sour cream. Less calories. Mustards, balsamic dressing and other vinaigrettes, low fat creamy dressings, low fat low carb dressings without sugar, mustards, hot sauces and chili sauces. Read labels and watch for hidden sugars.

I'm not American, and I've never heard of these products.

This is a very good advice. Thansk

Friendly reminder to drink water and if you have not already, please read/check the sticky before asking questions, lots of answers are covered there along with an outline of beginner fitness basics.

Fun fact. Orthodox and western Lent coincide this year, anyone fasting or giving something up? We are doing meatless fridays (except St Paddys) and giving up candy.

I got another question.

I take a run each day for as long as I now can, which gets longer and longer (up to almost 2 km straight without pause now)
However, I got weights at home which I just use now and then doing the day.

Is it okay to just lift weights spread out, or should I follow a program where I spend ½-1 hour for lifting?

What's your favorite cutting meal, /fg/? I managed to get over my ice cream cravings by having a big bowl of plain Greek yogurt, a banana, a tablespoon of cocoa powder, and a packet of stevia each night.

you should spend all of your lifting time concentrated into one session. Have you ever done a lift and those last couple of reps are the toughest and hurt the most? Those are the reps that will help you grow, and you can really only get there by lifting heavy and in one session.

I wouldn't really call it a meal, but those single serve frozen veggie packages that are 100-300 cals each can be a great, quick, filling snack

Lifting spread out is better than not lifting at all but doing timed sets with only a little rest in between is best/most efficient for fitness. It raises your heart rate more and works the target muscles harder.

A huge salad, chicken or tuna on top. I vary the veggies, dressing and spices I use so I rarely get tired of this. It's relaxing to chop all the veggies, arrange the salad nicely and then just demolish it.

Average calories in 2 chicken breasts in dijon/oilive oil/lemon sauce

120kg and for the past 2 weeks i've been eating around 1800 calories except today where i caved and had 5 chocolate chip cookies pushing me to 3100. i've also been lifting and i can already see the progress

every year i give up meat, soda, junk food and last year fapping. i only failed the last one, fingers crossed i'll also beat that one this year too

for squats how to i engage my hamstrings and gluts? been squatting every day 3x12 body weight and my thighs are visibly gaining more than i thought and they feel fatigued all day afterwards BUT nothing is happening with my ass or hamstrings. i'm going below parallel but i'm dropping probably faster than i should, is that killing my progress?

also pendlay rows, i'm squatting down quite low compared to the vids I've watched online but my back is parallel to the ground and i'm lifting my elbows right up and hitting my lower chest with the bar. is squatting down too low bad from? because i seem to be doing everything else

I'm doing... okay, but not well yet.

I work two jobs and one is as a cook. I have such a habit of eating bread there, or other stuff, but I'm supposed to be on keto. I've done well aside from that and drinking, but I've switched to gin and vodka now.

Still not working out. I've worked doubles all week until today and I've just layed around playing dark souls and on the fps/fph thread. I can't seem to make myself do anything.

Please help. Also, I've been thinking of getting burger king all morning. Don't think I'll actually do it, but I keep thinking it.

pls respond

Around 800 imo, mustard/oil isnt that big of a deal at small doses

Damn dude, I know that pain. I worked at Subway and that shit stalled my weigjt loss like a motherfucker. Just eat your biggest meal before work if you can to stop yourself

I don't have time for a big meal between the first job and the second, where I struggle with the food. I've been thinking my mid-shifts stop at the bar for double vodka shot and gin and soda (formerly beer and whiskey) make me too buzzed and I go in and immediately give in to temptation. I've been picking up packed salads and eating them at the bar but it's not enough.

Also, I used to be bulimic, so I can gorge like crazy. I can really put down a tonne of food. It's a serious problem. I haven't done it in a while, not with proper binges, but I still think about it a lot.

Ran my 10k but when I went to the pool to do swimmy I realised I forgot my trunks and by the time I got home again it was too late because the gym closes at 9 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw no swimmy

>lost 6lbs in the past 6 days on a 1750 calorie diet not watching macros or exercising

Is this just water weight or what?

Also, I'm sort of putting together a list of food to buy this weekend and I've run into a bit of a problem.

According to the wiki, I should be getting about 200g of protein a day. However reaching that number seems pretty damn difficult. I'm at like 1100 calories today and am only at around 50g of protein. If I take protein powder I know I'll have to go over 1750 calories. How do I balance this shit out? Are protein packed foods just naturally calorie dense or something?

A better, and more attainable, protein goal is 1g per lb of LEAN Bodyweight vs total bodyweight.

And yes that is mostly water weight, sorry to break it to you bruh

Lost 20lbs
Increased curls from 25 3x8 to 35 3x8 (per arm)
incrased OHP from 65lbs to 110lbs
increased
increased squat 0.5pl8 _> 1.5pl8
incrased bench 1pl8 -> 1.5pl8
increased diddly 1.5pl8 -> 2pl8
couldn't do a single pullup, now can do 5
couldn't do any dips now I do different kinds of dips daily

all since New Years

Nice man, age weights and heiggt?

you've never heard of "hot sauce"

5'7" (manlet im FUCKING SORRY)
185lbs -> 165lbs (was about 24-25% now about 18%, still have a long way to go)
turned 19 in December

I'd be more worried about the drinking on the job.
You can eat some things at BK on Keto, just eat the burger patties, no bun or the unbreaded chicken sandwich, no bun. If that's not what you crave or no self control, skip it and find a Keto allowed treat you like.

I can finally do a mile at the track! Took me two months but I need to pick up the pace though. Anyways, been getting more hungry lately. Use to I had to force myself. I'm still fat but keto helps. Lost 28 lbs so far from New Years.

Dude the alcohol alone is probably 400 calories, and if you do this between shifts you are seriously fucking up man. At least take it off one or two days this week

Anybody experience foot discomfort after weight loss? I've lost around 100 lbs and it hurts to walk. It's as if I have no padding on my feet and step on pure bone. I'm sedentary so is this an issue I can solve by walking/running more?

holy fuck user that's almost 4lbs a week

good on you brah
stats?

Manlet 5'5. Or 165 cm for non Americans. At 198 as of today down from 225. So ya still fucking fat lol

>mayo
>mackerel
>on the same plate

Mayo with fish is delicious, and healthy too if you go easy on the mayo. Wtf are you on about?

Yes.

I can't take time off, I need the money. I can't imagine doing this without that brief respite at the bar.

I'm so depressed

How are your squats so low but bench and ohp so high.

Can someone give me a calorir estimate on this chicken salad? It's a half a lb.

Just went shopping and picked it up as a treat. I've only had 200 cals today so I'll be under TDEE still. Just want to know

I was finally getting into and looking forward to running and I've got a respiratory infection. I'll never be able to run a 5k at this rate

>half a lb of supermarket chicken and pasta """salad"""

Jesus fucking Christ nigger

You can't google "safeway chicken salad nutrition" on your own?
A good rule of thumb: no nutrition facts, no buy

It's purely a Chicken Salad with Nuts and some Berries. There's no Pasta in it at all faggot.

will keep in mind in future, gonna have a small meal to make up for it.

110lbs ohp isnt that high at all thats 0.5pl8 + a couple of tens.
i meant 115lbs i guess sorry
because i did so much fucking chest bullshit on my home machine when i was fat but never any legs

hey guys- I'm planning on getting a gym membership soon and starting the stronglift 5x5 plan, and i've been calorie counting

how long you think it'll take for me to get down to about 15% body fat

stats: 5'11, 275lbs

Yeah what about the goddamn pint of mayo that shit is swimming in you fat fuck

myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/albertsons-fruit-and-nut-chicken-salad-354322293

I googled the full name of it and get this which is very similar. I think delis have the nutrition info on the big tubs of it in the back. They will bring it out and you can snap a pix of the label.

dude how are you 275lbs

How are you 275 pounds? Do you have inhuman legs?

>stats: 5'11, 275lbs

how much do you fucking squat?

So MyFitnessPal keeps on telling me that I'm undereating here's what I eat every day:

Oates with strawberries

Chicken with broccoli

Two helpings of something usually chicken based, SOMETIMES pasta (that's one serving though)

>no weights or measurements

this is why you're in /fatty/

5'10 240

Breakfast is 150~ calories

Lunch is 250~ calories

Dinner is usually two servings of 350~ calories.

Bullshit you're fuckin 275lbs.

190 maybe.

when i was 240 was eating about 1800 calories not watching macros though it should say on your mfp what your target calories are and then just eat more or less but watch out with it some people including me would eat more and then my stomach would expand and i'd just want to keep eating more and more so i'd probably start eating more inbetween meals or just take it slowly gradually increasing your calories
Am 209 right now

because you are undereating. You should eat around 1800-2000 on a cut.

I was really hoping you'd post a picture of tree trunk legs or something.

meant to type 175lb

woops

Still standing: how long tho

How bad is it to only eat 1100~ calories a day? It can't be THAT bad. I'm just not hungry after dinner.

How much exercising are you doing? I'm paralyzed so I can't really do cardio that well.

You're gonna lose muscle and as a result burn less calories if you eat 1100 a day

lets put it this way, unlikely that you will die but a decent chance that you will eventually get really hungry and fail.

not the same guy but according to that i gotta consume 1,300 calories for dinner

the fuck do i do, guys?

Grand Mac and a medium soda.

So i usually only do cardio i haven't really looked into other exercises i would do 3 miles when i was 280lbs and then i would go down so right now i'm only doing 1.5 miles at 209lbs because i'm really close to my target weight, i heard lifting small weights helps alot could burn more calories then cardio you really don't wanna lift heavy because then you start getting muscle and muscle isn't bad but it does weigh more then fat and when you step on the scale you might be discouraged i also heard yoga helps a TON too but i really only do cardio i would ask a doctor or a professional on seeing what you can do man, you made it this far dude you can do it.

you can space it out into lunch and breakfast and if your stomach is still too full you can get snacks but no midnight snacks, its easier to just do bigger breakfasts lunch and dinner then snacks because then you would have to find filling healthy snacks that your not forcing yourself to eat

I mean I usually just eat a measly lunch and then dinner honestly, im not lifting right now so it's not like i got a lot of muscle to burn

4oz chicken breast is about 120 calories. Olive olive is 120, i think, per tbsp.

Protein and water will keep you feeling full.
Avoid the burger king. You may enjoy it at the time, but you'll fell like shit after and you'll still be hungry.

Chicken, fish, eggs.
Lots of protein.

I have the same issue. Can squat around 145, up from 125 a week ago. OHP 155. Bench 175.

Right now i think for you it'd be okay i mean its not healthy but it would be okay just to get the motivation, but say you start with 1100 calories and then you hit a wall the first thing you would do is lower your calories but your already barely eating anything, also you have such little muscle that you don't want to be burning the muscle you have left, i mean who am i just to tell you to eat more but if you ever just feel hungry and your just eating 1100 i would just eat and not feel guilty about it. just do whatever your comfortable with but don't be afraid to change especially only eating 1100 calories

How bad is fish for you? I've pretty much cut out beef and pork (mostly because I have low good cholesterol) and eat a lot of chicken, but lent is coming up and so the family will be eating a lot of fried fish.

In fried fish, I t's not the fish, it's the coatings and oils that make them high calorie/carb. Broiled, baked and pan-fried fish with no breading or coating is fine and many have omega3 fats that are good for you.

My bro can only do 95 ohp, 135 benhlch and he squats 275 5x5 and DL 275 because that's the max amount of weight we own for our home gym.

Salmon, tuna, mackerel, shrimp, lobster, crab and imitation krab all commonly come as 'salad' style dishes made with mayonnaise based dressings. I like most of them but prefer ceviche style dishes with fish for something cold.

thanks man!

How do you figure how many calories something has when you go out to eat somewhere?

I'm living in a rural area with a small downtown, so most places dont exactly put calories on their menus

been a month

Had some rough times dealing with stress and eating (worst problem) but bounced back

diet is slowly getting permanently better, stopped smoking cigarettes and drinking beer,

Im already lifting half as much as one of my friends who has been lifting for almost a year.

tl;dr KEEP GOING chubby Veeky Forumsizens I believe in us. I lost 25 pounds in a month, consistency is key

>25 pounds in a month

damn dude, that's basically my goal- what's your workouts consist of?

you look up the calories for whatever you ate and estimate how much you ate of it.

Several people over these threads so far say 'my family makes this/that and I'm kind of stuck eating it'. To a certain extent, it might be true but since this is an 18+ board, we are all also adults with choices. Losing weight is about changing the way you eat, it's expected that you take responsibility to make the changes, figure out how to do your diet, sometimes working around or with who ever cooks in the household. You can learn to cook, help with the cooking, purchase, make and eat different foods, make a few requests, cook or purchase things independently but eat together with the senpai, etc.

You have choices.

If you want to get leaner, more cardio
If you want to grow and gain more muscle mass, start lifting more

Everyone will always say a mix of both is probably the best

>implying that this board isn't full of teenagers

Drove four hours to visit my family because my dads probably dying and binged on four bowls of zuppa tuscana

Lol, I'm regularly consuming 1200 and doing well, 1100 calories per day is hardly a starvation diet. Especially if not very active. 1200-1500 for a cutting diet is a very common range so sometimes eating 1100 is perfectly fine.

You shouldn't be eating out enough for the occasional meal to matter. Cook for yourself, then you know everything going into it.

is it too much to run 5-8km (3-5 miles) everyday without days off?

Im 19, 1.76m (5.7) and i weight 80 kg (176,37lbs), i lost 10 kg (22lbs) on the course of january

Anyone old enough to hold a knife and not slice their thumb is perfectly able to make some food. :^)

I was hoping to strike a chord and bring the realization that most people here are old enough to control their food choices and relying on 'not being able to' as an excuse that you stay fat voluntarily puts you in the role of a minor child.

Should probably do at least one rest day per week. I would usually do it after my long day of 10k or so when I was am xc runner. Also, don't push too hard if joints start hurting. You'll only be forced to take more time off or quit totally down the line.

lmao manlet

Ayy Caesar salad, barely used the dressing.

Ate like 5 meatballs and most.of the other though.
Diet soda
Swear I'm good for it bro.

you just made me hungry

Usually at the gym at least 4x-5x a week plus cardio (biking est. 10-100 miles per week)

Start a workout with an hour of running/jogging/walking on the treadmill

Then an hour to two hours max lifting. Im doing a split PPL style.

It's a pretty simple workout but yields results when paired along with a good diet and staying generally active throughout the day. Find what works for you

Tfw no one responds to my post

you've been bought into propaganda. if you wanna lose weight with always feeling full you gotta eat like asians do, mostly rice and noodles.

dont buy into meat industry protein propaganda you will lose. humans are not meat eaters

>stopped drinking beer

Man this has been the hardest for me.

Drop the dressing entirely fatty

Well looks like I found a new general to dwelly fagishly.

If anyone wants advice from a fat-kinda fit-fat again /mil/ fag I'm here.

Lots of people eat out often for many reasons, this is not about that.

Wtf with people getting so butt-smashed by people eating out? It's about learning to make smarter eating choices, which user was actually asking how to learn to do.

Google the recipe or a very similar one and learn to eyeball the portion size. Not perfect but the more you do it, the better you'll get. Safe bets are to watch the breaded, fried things and limit them, have extra portions of veggies, order 1/2 portions of very calorie laden things and try to get salads often and ask for dressing on the side. Sauces and gravies on the side too so you control the amounts you use.

>want to feel full
>eat asian food

Are you retarded?

1,76m is 5'9, for some reason they arbitrarily decided to use 12ths for height.

>Lost 40 pounds the first two months
>Now losing 1 pound every week