/plg/ - Powerlifting general

/plg/ - powerlifting general

>suspicious edition

powerliftinggeneral.com

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, sexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed.

Reminder to not respond to any rafaello apologists, as they are probably him without a trip.

Do your bodybuilding!

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

>ALL TIME RAW WORLD RECORDS (natty or not)
Men:powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Women:powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1

>dropbox mirror
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>What is depthprivilege?
youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0 [Open]

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c [Open]

>How to setup for the deadlift by JL Holdsworth
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c [Open]

>How to sumo deadlift by Ben Rice
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU [Open]

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtu.be/RMFHgVN_pcg [Open]

>How to set WRs by C. Lutz
youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg [Open]

>How to build a big bench by C. Lutz
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo [Open]

>How to bench press by PTW
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI [Open]

>How to OHP with Dan Green
youtu.be/f3EuCSe7pUA [Open]

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iJmFEv6BHM0
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/30233312/#30233348
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for make your own program based of off CWS's youtube videos titled "scientific principles of strength training" and "how to make a (...) block"

Gut thread.
Just finished benching which went SHIT
now gnna eat my depression away

Shout out to Prutus for suggesting I go on Khan Academy

Helped a lot :-)

I'll regain strength pretty fast if i've only worked out once a week for like 4 months, right? I've not lost weight.

I'm down about 20%+ on my total

>eating temporarily fixes your depression
>eating permanently fixes your shit bench
Two birds in one stone lad, I'd say you're on the right track.

black girls make me a better man

who here /huntergathererstronk/

hey that's true shit

>this 7×4 on bench
Fucking christ mike t is trying to rape me

I love mixed raced girls

Never understood why number of sets is an issue?
Unless i rush them it really doesn't matter much to me if i do 5 or 15.

You've got better conditioning than I bro. I'm fucking cooked and I still have 6×9 wide grip bench

p e r f e c t i o n

Best lifts for triceps in order of best to least best
1. CGBP
2. JM Press
3. LTEs

According to trappy number of sets is ALL that matters when it comes to volume.
According to them reps don't mean anything when it comes to volume.

If it makes you feel better the 6x9 wide grip is fun.

Kek sometimes he said things that made sense but that was pure retardation. 5×10 =5×1 in his eyes. Fucking hilarious

>tfw mixed
>tfw naturally more beautiful because of this
>chubby
>autistic and would never approach a girl

One day I'll make it

I'm just gonna take that at face value and act like you're not lying

>working my new bench form
>doing sets of 225x5
>dudebro that was doing 225 on the bench next to me when I came in puts on a 5 and does a set of 5 grinders with his ass shooting up every time
>he gets up and stares me down

Deadlift in front of him to show your truly alpha form

I thought it was fun...

I had the same thing happened to me before period

Guy was trying to one-up me on deadlifts. He wasn't even close, but he was doing pretty well for his weight period

I introduced myself and told him about Powerlifting Meets. He still competes to this day, four years later.

We are friends now

>period

what did he mean by this?

This sounds like a /k/ story
>I was carrying
>some sjw attacked me
>cop came and arrested her
>me and cop are range buddies now

Bout a month will do

I was squatting one time and a guy was squatting next to me with his gf doing sets of like 2pl8 high as a kite and I had work sets at like 455 or something mid-400s and the guy went from 225 or 250 to 405 and grabbed one of the school gym belts and walked it out and went down with it and never even got to start going up, just got pinned down under it. was pretty funny.

>just finished my last warm up for ohp with 60kg (in squat rack)
>guy just entered gym and asks me if he can work in
>puts on 80kg and starts squatting with shit form
>says while smirking "hey 60 again"
>never did 80 for reps before but decided today is the day
>ohped 3 reps nicely and grinded 4th with poor form
>said to him nah 80kg is good
I also slightly hurt my shoulder that day but damn it was fucking worth it.

You and your fucking guns, holy shit.

How can a human being possible consider it funny to play around with guns when he would shit his fucking pants if he actually was in an environment that they were invented for.

KEK I remember you telling that story the first time

That's when you're supposed to ohp his g girl then walk out the gym carrying her like a duffelbag.
>do you even alpha

Fug my sacrum has felt like it's going to detach from the rest of my body since yesterday. Never doing hip thrusts ever again

...but who has the gf

Because he actually has testosterone in his system, unlike you.

Faggot

Couple webms because I had most of the day off

pls don't send too many compliments on this massive weight

>he thinks I'm obsessed with guns
>he doesn't know my career field

Damn look at them quads

Fucking voice to text shit

I can't even meme about Shaco

Holy shit how can a man be this beta.

guys I need opinions

the august meet is in 25 weeks from saturday, do I:
>A
do the same sheiko I've been doing (37/31/32)? it's 12 weeks like, so I could do it twice with a deload week in between
OR
>B
keep fucking around with fun shit for the next 5 weeks and then do the 20 week CMS-MS prep one

according to that table of what level you are or whatever, I should be doing the CMS-MS one, and it gives me another month or so of doing fun stuff. but if I could make progress just fine on the 12 week cycle, that's also something good right

guns are pretty fun. you should try shooting one sometime
youtu.be/iJmFEv6BHM0
you irl

nice anime painting

go away, plg is only for dark skin grills

Also you remind me if that sword and board guy.

Fun shit then 20 week cms. If you're gonna do sheiko you should definitely have some fun before that monotony

I'm not even a gun nut, but I believe that you are legally allowed to do so you should learn to fire a firearm.

Anybody that calls himself a man should be at least 200 pounds, and own at least one 12 gauge shotgun 1 rifle of 270 caliber above, a.22 caliber rifle for plinking, and a handgun of their choosing

The same kind of faggots that were never taught to shoot by their fathers other same kind of faggets that can't seem to lift themselves Beyond a 300 Wilkes

do the 20 week IMO. You got 20 weeks until a comp you do the 20 week comp cycle which literally prepares you for a comp 20 weeks away, you don't do two 12 weeks cycles as if you had two different comps.

>do Texas method with a press emphasis
>increase it by a pathetic 5 kilos in 8 months
I have no idea where to turn, lads. No matter what I try it doesn't go up. It's only 65kg x 5
I'm desperate

How much did you gain from your last round of sheiko? Do the 12-week two times if you think you can make any significant gains from it two times more, otherwise run the 20-week.

fivethreeone

desuarchive.org/fit/thread/30233312/#30233348

Yeah, i can see it's working out great for you guys.
You really got violence under control by allowing every retard to play war.

I also envy your manliness. Shooting puppets, man that takes tremendous amounts of guts and skill.

I should also add that my diet is good (gaining weight, largely muscle, plenty protein etc) and I sleep enough.

lol guns are so cool

>he doesn't have basic self defense skills
Spotted the beta

>No trappy shilling Sheiko, attentionwhoring, and giving armchair advice while only lifting extremely low weight
/plg/ is good again.

We are the steppe horsemen, you are the peasant farmer.

Enjoy being nothing but prey.

Ime bench responds well to high sets low reps. Sheiko or Dietmar programs(obviously one of the lightest in your case) could probably work. I've heard good things about Connor Lutz bench program too.

keep loading up on plates
that's what i did when i ended up in a squat-off with this skinny runt who stinks like shit and gets bizarrely territorial in the gym (if you walk within 2 meters of the squat rack he gets pissed off)

this is kind of what I'm leaning towards, partially because I want to try the longer cycle, and partially because I'm having fun just going and doing stuff that's difficult and higher intensity.

pic

delet

Tell me about your father.

Raised by a single mother?

Father never taught you to hunt, or take you camping?

Is your father a homosexual?

Powerlifting is often a powerful coping mechanism for weak beta males with poor father figures

Almost there.
Buying a hand gun soon for the academy.
Dude like chill lmao

Did you end up swapping all your deads for ssb on sheiko or am I thinking of someone else

>he owns guns with no intention to hunt

You get a temporary pass for owning a lever gun.

You are growing into a respectable young man.

Is that a moist nugget?

nice mosin

Nah I'm trying to stay away from ego lifting.
It's a dangerous drug

Fuck you faggot it's not my fault my dad wasn't around much

first 2 sheikos on there I did the entire thing as it is on the spreadsheet
first spotoshot I just did 5x5 with SSB twice a week and didn't deadlift at all besides the day I tried webm related
the spotoshot/sheiko combo cycle I did some random max attempts on deadlift here and there and that was really all I did for it. followed the squat and bench stuff as it's written though.

Why do you move your knees forward at the end?

TELL ME ABOUT ALEX

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE SLINGSHOT?

Hunting is stupid and you have to get up early and you only get to fire occasionally

Why would anyone

I asked about the press. My bench is my highest lift

God you're getting strong
What a talent chad

ever heard the saying: "it not destination but the trip"
or something like that, the walking in the woods and chilling is the best part

>hunting with rifles
Insane, you are shooting a fucking animal with a rifle, that's a true accomplishment.

If you live in an environment where there is a solid chance that you actually have to hunt for your own food in order to survive or where it's usual then there is nothing wrong with it, obviously.
I live in the fucking city though, no one here gives a shit about hunting animals in the forest.

Have you tried changing any of the following?

*number of reps
*number of sets
*volume
*intensity
*frequency
*variants
*accessories

When the world collapses, I will eat your flesh.

U mad?

I change my volume when I feel I need to. It's changed a lot. I follow the intensity rotations outlined in lascek's ebooks. I have tried push presses, laterals, close grip bench and pull ups as accessories (would do dips but I don't have access to parallel bars). All my other lifts are fine.

It kind of feels like my volume day doesn't do shit for my intensity day, no matter how much or little I do. I have also tried microloading with pretty much no results. It's fucking baffling. I'm getting bigger shoulders and tris, but the strength gain has been next to non existent

Nah, some retarded nigger 12 yo child will probably shoot you dead from behind.

That's actual war you know? You just die, no matter how "skilled" you are with your cool gun.

God damn talent chad. I feel like if you actually trained your deadlift it would skyrocket

>not my fault my dad wasn't around much
You are correct, that's not your fault

What is your fault is projecting your insecurities here. Man the fuck up and be the father that your father wasn't.

I'm helping to manage and conserve the wildlife in my area. That is my civil duty as an able male, and it has the added benefits of putting meat in my freezer that I feed to myself and my family.

>volume day
Are you implying you're trying to build shoulders with one day of volume a week?

>It's fucking baffling.
... haha

I'm trying to increase my OHP 1RM. Are you suggesting that higher frequency is the answer?

Also, it's 2 days of volume, I supplement my intensity day with accessories after

LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED TRIP

Should I run Ed Coans 10 week deadlift program and add 20kg to my conventional deadlift

Or should I go balls to the wall and add 20kg to my SGDL so it matches my conventional max?

God no. I hate kids. Also, I'm not the original guy

>Ed Coans 10 week deadlift program
inb4 just a bunch of pin presses

I'm trying that now

Do you guys smell that? It smells like a 6 year old meme. Someone should tell him.

There are three things that are most important:
1. do enough
2. keep your joints healthy, so you can do 1
3. don't overtrain/underrecover

I wouldn't really call an intensity+accessories a day of volume.

Yes, one real day of volume is really low.
Get off TM for OHP, forget about Lascek.
Do a lot more volume, atleast twice a week, and don't try to progress every week.
You could do normal OHP one day, paused OHP another, and if you have a third day you could do it with a small press from the hips (or small push press).

What I've heard work for some people is just doing a bunch of 8 rep sets one week, next week bunch of 5 reps sets, 3rd week bunch of 3 rep sets, and lastly a deload week.

That isn't a great deadlift routine for a natural lifter in my opinion

If you want a better deadlift, start deadlifting twice a week

Program a lighter variation early in the week in traditional pulling or overload work later in the week

Reduce your squat volume slightly.

Not staying tight enough in the hole maybe. Idk I haven't really examined my front squat form a lot. I don't do it very much.

Just stop TM for presses, it's obviously doing fuck all for you. I'm surprised you've stuck with it this long - move on.

Try something which spreads volume more evenly around the week.