How do you lift whilst simaltaeously being crippled from depression?

How do you lift whilst simaltaeously being crippled from depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r8BYL-vHZxo
youtube.com/watch?v=3qYBDgTp14A&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=h0DAeQkFwZ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you lift yourself out of it.

this

Lifting is supposed to help depression.

Depression is a meme

My dad is claiming he is depressed. It's weird to me because I've never experienced it myself. I've never been "depressed" about anything. How's that shit work? I just don't get how you can't make a successful effort at looking at the bright side of thinks, thinking more positively, etc.

I take steroids, 5htp and kratom in large doses.

So I've gone from the edge of ending it all to just going through the motions of life until something changes and it gets better.

>going through the motions of life until something changes and it gets better

inaction and complacency will keep you in that dark place.

you've yet to learn how to climb.

It's got something to do with a chemical deficiency in your brain. It is not self-diagnosable.

>I just don't get how you can't make a successful effort at looking at the bright side of thinks, thinking more positively, etc.
Imagine the opposite of this.

>kratom
What does this even do for people? I tried some and it just felt like I took 6 sleeping pills and would always make me pass out.

This
I thought i was depressed for a long time then i went to an actual doctor and it turns out i actually had dysthymia

Imagine just never feeling anything, and also imagine being tired and apathetic as fuck, and also imagine a constant slight background sadness

Isn't that depression?

You probably took too much and it was probably a strain that causes sedation.

A good green vein kratom will make you feel fantastic.

Yeah it wasn't very green. I didn't know there was strains and shit.

This makes sense. I get feeling down, but that's always associated to me with getting on with it and making the best of things. Need to encourage my dad to go to the doctor and find out for sure if thats what it is.

Thats what is the hardest for me to understand. Exactly how it feels to be "depressed". To feel hopeless and depressed consistently day in and day out must be fucking terrible.

thanks m8s.

this. how are they different?

>Exactly how it feels to be "depressed"
It doesn't feel like anything, you just exist.

Optimist / pessimist

Basically theres green, red and white.

Green = energy, slight euphoria and a general sense of wellbeing. Think codeine without the fuzziness. Perfect to get through the day at work.

Red is sedative and euphoric. Good to take in the evening when you've nothing left to do.

Lifting hurts, right? All exercise hurts to an extent.

First you recognize that depression results from YOUR interpretation of the world, and it's YOUR fault that you're depressed. Not anyone elses, YOURS. Then, when you hate yourself for putting yourself in a situation where you were depressed, you lift as a way to direct the pain into self-punishment. Eventually lifting will improve your problems and you'll stop being depressed, and you'll love yourself to a degree few people ever do because it will have been YOUR effort and YOUR strength that brought you out of depression as much as it plunged you into it.

What about white?

How many ounces do you take at a time?

I think its more of an energy/focus giving strain. Never tried it though so you might want to google it if you're interested.

Im at a point now where I just toss and wash 2 heaped tea spoons of it.

tastes fucking nasty but its easier than making tea or any other bullshit.

Self-help inspirational speaker scam 101.

You're not a medical professional. Depression is real. It's not caused by "a wrong outlook". You're dumb as shit.

Do it apathetically and with much feeling. Sigh a lot and gaze into the distance between sets, only occasionally wiping a tear away with the corner of your gym towel. Post soulful blue-filtered selfies from the gym captioned 'why even lift?' in a Kurt Cobain-like font. Make a custom pre-workout formula called Apathy Blend, with only 1/2 the caffeine.
Elevate this shit to an art form.

So what would you recommend? Clogging up your mind with five billion different anti-depressants until you're so numb you can barely think?

Aurelius 101: The world decides the events that happen, but WE decide our interpretation of those events. WE control how we react to scenarios, because the mind is ALWAYS in control of its body.

>because the mind is ALWAYS in control of its body
The mind and brain are two different things, the mind is a human concept separate from the brain, almost a "soul".
Your brain is very much affected by your body.
I go to university for something I'm deeply passionate about.
I have a great group of friends and I am more or less optimistic about life.

Despite this I have almost no feeling, none.
I don't enjoy music like I used to and I could weep just to a orchestral piece.
This goes the same with videogames, movies, parties, conversations, book, hiking, exercising, etc.
I'm not sad, my brain just refuses to reward me with a feel-good chemical and I'm tired 100% of the time.

JUST DO IT isn't going to help, I understand people have trouble with empathy but I assure you, others can have experiences different from your own.

youtube.com/watch?v=r8BYL-vHZxo
by listening to Bladee and looking at photos of Portman

Just to pass time i guess.

Lifting cured my crippling depression

same

The mind body and soul are inextricably linked.
One can not exist without the other two.
The mere notion that this is untrue is insane to many cultures across the globe.

Literally daddy af TB H

Fuck yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=3qYBDgTp14A&index=2

youtube.com/watch?v=h0DAeQkFwZ8
>Fake it to make it
Best advice for depressed anons

I drink alone in the nights

Lifting helped me quite a bit when I was depressed in the long run and anything that takes your mind off things helps in the short run.

Unless you're brain chemistry is completely fucked then you might only have the option for meds. The thing is I was prescribed some anti-depressants but when I looked up the side effects on the internet I decided fuck it and worked through it on my own. So leave meds as a last option IMO.

Force him into a freezing shower, make him pump some adrenaline. Let's see if he feels depressed after that