Was racism and prejudice against Africans created in order to justify the Trans-Atlantic slave trade...

Was racism and prejudice against Africans created in order to justify the Trans-Atlantic slave trade? Or is my professor wrong?

>pic unrelated

>africans enslave other africans for literal centuries, basically their entire history of a people
>Europeans go over to Africa and purchase africans like big macs at mcdonalds
>400 years later retarded leftists faggots try to claim racism was created to have slavery

>studying history and/or social studies at university

fucking kek

>Was racism and prejudice against Africans created in order to justify the Trans-Atlantic slave trade?

Nah, 10th century muslim scholars were already calling them subhumans

I think the prejudice steams from the fact they were still living like prehistorical apes at a time when other people were building palaces and ships

not necessarily, some arab historians claimed the zanj were superior

Modern conceptions of Race and racism only started when the Dutch entered the African Slave Trade. Before then, there wasn't any more stigma attached to being Black African as there was being foreign in general. European Christians basically used the "they're Muslim/non-Christian so whatever we do to them must be better than leaving them unsaved" argument to justify human bondage, and it grew from there.

Every society in history has partaken in slavery, from Egypt to Rome to China to Africa to the Americas. And it existed in a myriad of forms and styles all that time. So the African tribes and kingdoms at the time were just doing something that everyone else had always done. Chattel slavery is particularly vile, but the native Africans who sold their rivals and prisoners to the Europeans didn't realize it was THAT sort of slavery, necessarily.

No they didn't most of them fell under globalism of arabian culture even tho their heritage is mixed they call themselves arabs

There's ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs that describe niggers as stupid, lazy and rapey, so I'd wager no.

Racism has existed since the first microbe btfo a microbe that looked different than him

lmao, is he the most based muslim?

It wasn't created to justify it, it was developed once Europeans came into consistent contact with them and observed that only about 10% of them are capable of value-added activity outside of slavery.

>created, justified
No. You don't need to justify something that alread exists. The removal of Slavery is what had to be justified. The idea that Slavery itself needs to be justified was made in societies where it was banned. Most changes in what was considered to be human rights that weren't widely agreed likely went through some sort of swap like that.

That's not true, the ancients thought Blacks were cursed

No they don't
He's talking about the Zanj not the Sahelians

Aka not all black people
Africans were doing chattel slavery and it wasn't race based.
Absolutely, I remember reading a entry of a Spanish trader of slaves in Madagascar that said Americans did not want people who looked more Asian than African.

Anxiety around white looking mixed race slaves, native American slaves as well as "Moorish" slaves was also apparent.

What does Africans enslaving other Africans have anything to do with racism?

>Everybody agrees that there is no people on earth in whom generosity is as universally well developed as the Zanj. These people have a natural talent for dancing to the rhythm of the tambourine, without needing to learn it. There are no better singers anywhere in the world, no people more polished and eloquent, and no people less given to insulting language. No other nation can surpass them in bodily strength and physical toughness. One of them will lift huge blocks and carry heavy loads that would be beyond the strength of most Bedouins or members of other races. They are courageous, energetic, and generous, which are the virtues of nobility, and also good-tempered and with little propensity to evil. They are always cheerful, smiling, and devoid of malice, which is a sign of noble character.

You were saying?

Actually, Africains are incredibly racist and think the other nigger tribes that live next to theirs is an inferior race (while in reality they're just all niggers)

That's why they enslaved defeated tribes and sometimes even genocide them (like in Rwanda)

There are even worse than that

>These people have a natural talent for dancing to the rhythm of the tambourine, without needing to learn it.
impressive

>they still stuck in the stone age till this moment
>european invasion is the reason why africa is backward

Priests in charge of circumcision we're highly honored and all men needed to be cut in public
That's not racism, that xenophobia and also that's not always true. "Joking relationships" exist and many tribes actively engaged and mixed with one another socially and familiarly

How can whitey even compete?

Africans were always seen as subhuman savages long before the atlantic slave trade even occured.
>racism
>created
'Your libtard professor needs to get his head sliced of.

Those aren't Africans, they are obviously Islanders.

imo Africans and their respective diaspora have a natural aura that makes white supremacists uncomfortable. Think about it, why else do they focus so much on a group they believe to be dumb and inferior?

>Your libtard professor needs to get his head sliced of.
>off
You are looking pretty savage yourself, lad.

And you wuz kangz instead of creating your own history you r trying to steal other people's history

>Think about it, why else do they focus so much on a group they believe to be dumb and inferior?

Maybe because it's the most obviously inferior one (aside from abos but who cares bout them?)

I mean, chinks and arabs are different, but they had great civilization and invented omportant stuff at some point of history, so their current inferiority is probably related to culture

But Africans....

Because they're dangerous, I know this first hand living in a ghetto.

Even if these people were not from africa that doesn't make sub saharan africa better

What is the Mali Empire? But I suppose your mind seems to be made up already.

Anecdotal evidence. I feel safer now in a 75% black area than in my 95% white hometown. I admit there were some cultural differences when I first moved in that made me feel uneasy, but once I got to know my neighbors I realized they were mostly just people who wanted the same things out of life than me. Try getting out of your bubble sometime.

>What is the Mali Empire?

When this "empire" was the richest country on Earth, here's the greatest building it was able to build

The mali empire was shaped because of islam timbuktu was built by iberian muslims that mansa musa brought from mecca when he went to do al hajj

Meanwhile a bunch of French monks lost in the Syrian desert 200 years earlier built that

>Comparing Syria to niggers
Fucking kill yourself

*sigh* Not him but, do you not there is a world of difference between Syria and Mali? Do you they have the same sort of material to work with?

>What is the Mali Empire? But I suppose your mind seems to be made up already.

Come on now
When I talk about great civilizations and great inventions, I mean how the Chinese invented paper and gun pownder, how the arabs invented the zero or how whites invented electricity, cars, planes, photography, internet and everything that makes the modern world

The Mali "Empire" wasn't a great civilization, it was a low tier excuse for a civilization that only looks "great" when conquered to the rest of black Africa

And this

compared*

This is syria 7000 years ago

>Anecdotal evidence
Official DOJ and police statistics support this too.
>I feel safer now in a 75% black area than in my 95% white hometown.
Where do you live? Where I live it's:
>cops called in every single day
>three SWAT raids in the neighborhood within two months
>people fighting each other on the courtyard daily
>niglet kids running around unattented, 14 year olds literally carrying guns or knives
>prostitutes and drug dealers galore
>dope fiends taking a dump in the middle of the street, trash everywhere
Personally I'm only staying here because it's cheap as fuck and I'm antisocial enough to ignore all this. If I had kids I would move out in a second.

>Mesopotamia
...Address my question.

hello jumpy

It's seems to me your more intent on trolling than actual conversation
It was an agro-pastoralist society based around inland trade routes and is a reflection of the food ways and thus cultural trajectory of a sahel in dessication.

if u live in america than u should know that 10% of the population (blacks) are responsible for 58% of the country's crimes

Read that (if u can) there is no nigeria in there faggot

>Was racism and prejudice against Africans created in order to justify the Trans-Atlantic slave trade? Or is my professor wrong?
he is wrong and retarded

sage in options field

incorrect, the racial categories exist throughout all cultures and history, given that they have had contact with the races in question

Sup nigger

All I wanted to say that a lot of black people keeps on saying that egypt was black carthage was black numidia was black cannaan was black
Just answer this if u want a normal conversation "do you belive that egypt was black"

No one is saying that there is... in fact that is what I'm am trying yo get you to realize. Kindly go back to my post and read again.
>Not even all of Syria
>i.e. the parts where this amount of infrastructure wouldn't have gone.
*sigh*

Oh no, a king has arrived.

There is an undercurrent of continental migrations that don't fit into your cookie cutter ideas.

Tebu are from North Africa and founded Kanem, Fulani came from the Sahara, Garamantia was in North Africa, the archeological history of Neolithic North Africa shows Uan Muhuggiag with the "black mummy" and a Hallmark of Aqualithic art during the era of the Neolithic Subpluvial shows very clearly a different demographic than what you think.

The foundations of Egypt lies in the Nubian/Southern Egyptian border at a site called Nabta Playa and the early most era of pre-dynastic Egypt shows a clear foundation in the drying Eastern Sahara.

Suffice to say with all of this is that history is complicated and instead of being reactionary you should make time to read from anthropologists and archeologists on the ground.

wait a sec i am having a deja vu
not just these post but the whole fucking thread
sage and hide