Redpill me on alternative sleep cycles, Veeky Forums

Redpill me on alternative sleep cycles, Veeky Forums.

Do they impede on gains?

deep sleep is where your body heals

If I was a rich neet or worked from home I would try some of those
but for 99% of people only the two basic cycles are viable

I was a rich neet for a while, so of course I tried them. They don't work or else I couldn't get them to. My focus and mood fucked up more then normal and I got shingles from killing my immune system.
The best thing is controlling your circadian rhythm through light, music, caf, and exercise in the morning, and then low light, melatonin, & relaxation before bed.
You need to take the melatonin 3-6 hours before sleep. I thought melatonin was useless before I discovered that.

Don't these sleep cycles just make you not realize how tired you are, as opposed to actually being equivalent for rest?

Deep sleep seems important as fuck, and i don't see how you'd POSSIBLY sleep for 30 minutes at a time or whatever the fuck.

This.

Interrupted is really unhealthy.

These are literal cancer

You may get by and, like another user said, forget how tired you are similar to if you drank a ton of coffee, but you're inhibiting your brain and not only will your immune system and IQ drop, but your muscle gains will lessen. Muscles grow in your sleep the most

I knew people who tried them in college. They all gave up after a few weeks of feeling like shit. Never understood why people would want to do these in the first place. There's no better feeling in the world than waking up after 9 hours of solid sleep.

if you lift natty, you NEED 8 hours straight of sleep so you get a few hours of REM.

>2 hours of sleep
>split up into 6 segments

yeah that sounds real healthy

i know its weird right?

Apparently it skips straight into deep rem sleep....

but i also heard that lighter sleep does very well for ur body

I am 24 with PTSD and sleep 4 hours a night and consume a full retard amount of cocaine, TEST/TREN and ephedrine and life is not bad now

What kind of a mad man actually does uberman?

even if it did skip into deep rem sleep aren't rem cycles 1.5 hours?
you would still be interrupting it constantly

Kramer tried that and ended in the hudson river remember?

When you sleep polyphasically you get REM sleep which repairs your mind and makes you feel rested. You are also cutting out all other types of sleep.

The main other form of sheep happens in between REM cycles and is called Slow wave sleep SWS. SWS is where your body repairs itself physically such as tooth muscles and grows gains.

If you sleep polyphasically it will be like you are never "sleeping" as far as gains are concerned. You will eventually injure yourself if you keep lifting and sleeping so little.

As a matter of fact the repairing sleep is the non-REM

Don't take melatonin if you don't absolutely need it or you'll fuck your endogenous production up

According to the inventor of that sleep schedule, it trains you to reach deep sleep (or REM sleep) immediately. Apparently, during a normal, 8 hour night, you only get about two hours of rem sleep. That Uberman schedule is supposed to maximise the amount of time you get to spend on other things besides sleeping.
I don't know if it works, and if it does, how you'd fit in with the rest of society that runs on eight hours of sleep per night.

>how you'd fit in with the rest of society that runs on eight hours of sleep per night.
You don't. The concept is interesting but it's so impractical it's basically useless

You can get more than two hours of REM sleep on an 8hour schedule if your sleep isn't interrupted constantly. Most people go through two cycles if their sleep is uninterrupted.

Even if you only did get 2 hours of REM sleep normally, it's better to ride out your REM cycle instead of interrupting it 20 minutes in.

Freakonomics did a couple podcasts on the economics of sleep. Radiolab did one on sleep in general. I'd recommend googling them (easy to find) and giving them a listen

If you are tired you tend to over eat.