Thoughts? Is it a shitcoin or a rocket headed straight to the moon?

Thoughts? Is it a shitcoin or a rocket headed straight to the moon?

marketcap of 750 M$ because of a skateboard. you tell me

"he fell for the skateboard Veeky Forums meme and doesnt realise omg hit +7$ before it"

@op. omg is a future triple digit coin. do not listen to lunch money gamblers on here who have to risk it all on shitcoins because they are literally plebs.

shorting omg every time it shoots up. never fails to drop. that's the beauty of coins with a bunch of idiot fags running after it as if it could heal cancer. it can't but you but it when it moves because you really believe it would double again hahahaha

omg is the one shitcoin i would marry

Top 3 2nd gen alts. Always good to have some. Will be buying back in after TaaS payout

>being this salty

stay poor. watch what happens when plasma and staking are out you broke peasant.

i'm hodling this skateboard

>stay poor. watch what happens when plasma and staking are out you broke peasant.
then I buy and have additional gains. holding is for plebs

Bought BTC in 2012 came back 1 month ago im rich 50% in OMG now in 5 years ill be filthy rich + passive income how can life be so easy?

Veeky Forums.org - different people, different opinions

"H-holding is for plebs"

you the type of insect to chase pumps and thats why you broke. id bet my life you dont have a 5 digit portfolio you aspie. people like you make people like me rich.

not a shitcoin, omise has been funding eth development since early 2016 and is serious about it

how can I make you rich, when you pay my rent all the time? shorting omise go is easiest money ever made. yesterday from 8.5$ down to 7.5$ today. Easy and quick money. And it's always easy because there are always enough retard buyers who really fall for your meme that this shitcoin would be worth anything hahahaha visit thailand and then think about that again

The skateboard with the apple logo? Or did I miss a new sticker

If you're so sure go buy another extra 2k omg with that money
Ahh see?

Are there any details about staking yet? I have 327 OMG and plan on doubling that, making it 50% of my portfolio. How much would that generate?

if all goes well you should be making 1-10$ a month.

I lol'd

If you dig in the OMG subreddit you'll find plenty of calculations, based on staking the transactions Omise already is handling. In the beginning, assuming 0.5% fees distributed among 70% of all available tokens (some will just trade them etc), it's calculated it will be like $5 each token. If it's highly+ successful it's like $900 each token, at least yearly

"(...)For such an exotic asset that has so many inherent risks, I think a 10% dividend is the minimum that an investor would expect. Also, as far as I know, most merchants pay 1-3% to Visa for any transaction that goes through the Visa network. For Omise to be attractive to a merchant, I think that a transaction fee of 0.5% would be enough to make it "worth their while" to accept it as a form of payment.
So, we have an expected dividend (10%), and an expected merchant fee (0.5%). The final piece of the puzzle that we need to get a fair estimate of what the $ value of OMG will be is volume.
Given the partners that Omise has, I think a fair estimate would be $20B in the first 12 months. Obviously, this estimate is pulled out of thin air somewhat, but we've gotta start somewhere.
So, if the network moves $20B per year, and 0.5% of this is taken as fees, then a total of $100M is paid out as dividends to stakers.
Although OMG's main utility is to validate the network, that's not its only use. People are also going to just hodl it, and they're going to trade it. Let's assume that 66% of OMG are staked.
So, we have a total supply of roughly 140M OMG. If 66% of these are staked, then that means that 93M OMG are eligible for dividends. This gives a payout of $100M/93M OMG = $1.08 per OMG per year.
Assuming that the "fair" dividend for this risky asset is 10%, that gives a "fair" OMG value of $10.80.
Now, the real question is how much volume could we eventually see be sent over the network? To "let out my inner moonkid", let's assume it has an equal volume to Visa.
Visa did $1.7T in volume last year. If the network volume is $1.7T instead of $20B, then the dividend becomes $91.40 per OMG per year. This gives a fair value of over $900. Also, by this point OMG may be considered "less risky", so investors would be willing to accept a 5% dividend. This would put the fair value of OMG at over $1800.

Ah see what? I'm currently in the process of scraping together enough cash to buy another 1k OMG. Buy in price 8 or lower

Thanks user.

For someone who likes the HODL meme, OMG is getting more and more interesting...

>it's calculated it will be like $5 each token. If it's highly+ successful it's like $900 each token, at least yearly
lol so you're telling me if this is "highly successful" I'll earn 150k a month just for holding this shit I bought for about 1k?

sorry, 150k a year
still, that sounds ridiculous

Should I sell now and buy back in after 2x fork?

Remember, kids- if something seems too good to be true, it probably is

$150k a year if you have 30k omg staking

What does staking mean

that means i get $1,5k a year if i own 300 omg?

that means i get $15k a year if i own 3000 omg?

Its like a savings account.

investopedia.com/terms/p/proof-stake-pos.asp