Is KETO a meme?

is KETO a meme?
Anyone been on it for long-term?
What was your experience?

No it's not a meme. Research before you make a pointless thread.

i was on it for about a year to see what the fuss was about plus i needed to lose a lot of weight. also did a lot of HIT and cardio when i was on it.

>never woke up tired
>sleep quality improved
>felt like i had way more energy than usual
>my strength didn't tank and i actually felt stronger when i exercised in the morning fasted but i didn't lift at the time and only did bodyweight (some people said their strength did take a hit so YMMV)
>after "keto flu" passed i generally felt much better and less cranky
>my BP and HR decreased a lot. my HR was at like 40 resting while it was usually at around 50 on normal diet (no clue if keto was the cause for this, but it certainly had effect on my BP)
>if i didn't get enough salt every day i would feel my heart beat like crazy and get a strong headache
>had to only take a shit once per 2-3 days and even then it was hardly anything and i didn't need to wipe at all (saved a lot of money on TP kek. yes, i ate a lot of fibre)
>constantly thirsty and drank around 5L of water every day

it's been a while since then so maybe i forgot a few things but those were the ones that i can remember pretty good. if you have any question feel free to ask

How much weight did you lose?
Why did you stop?
What was the bulk of your diet?

i think i started at around 92 kg and stopped at around 75 so around 17 kg in total or so. the weight loss happened really fast because of HIT and cardio in addition to keto so after that i just stayed on it for about a year because i felt good.

stopped because the food was getting a little bland and i don't like to cook so i went off of it to get some variety back. i was eating the same shit every day.

dairy, nuts, leafy greens and fish mostly. my breakfast usually consisted of scrambled eggs with bacon, cottage cheese and some coffee.

lunch and dinner was a big salad mixed with green salad, spinach, broccoli, tomato, pickles, mushrooms, few canned mackerel, onion, garlic, etc.

for snacks i ate cheese wrapped in bacon with mayo, nuts, peanut butter, whipped cream, avocado, etc.

my favorite thing to eat was avocado with whipped cream and peanut butter and some dark chocolate on top.

probably forgot a lot of foods but this is what i remember the most.

it's the only reason I'm not fat anymore

it's basically a low calorie diet that negates all the downsides if low cals, just make sure you keep up on your electrolytes.

>full of energy
>waterweight loss is insanely motivating when you're starting a cut
>maintain muscle better than other cuts
>food is extremely satisfying
>never hungry
>mentally doesn't feel like you're dieting eating meat and cheese all day
>less likely to fall off the wagon because you feel legitimately sick

the only real negatives of keto are bad breath, expensive, and having to deal with every first year med school kid/nurse trying to tell you that you're killing yourself because they get terms like keto acidosis mixed up.

Thank you good sir

Did a 20% deficit Keto scheme for around 8 months one time.

On keto, hunger is not a thing. It's quite special. I used to get hungry around 11am after oats at 8AM but on keto I could have bacon and eggs with some fibre supplement and make it to 3pm and even then the hunger was not uncomfortable, just a reminder.

Since then I have had times when I eat a bunch of carbs/sugar in a day and my fucking god is the hunger later on hard to bare. I don't know how most of the population do it, no wonder bad health is so rampant when hunger from a carb/sugar diet is so distracting and powerful.

Do yourself a favor, go Keto, but just do it 100% hardcore properly, no wimping out.

Also
Better sleep
No afternoon slump in energy levels
No acne.
NO ACNE, NONE. YES, NONE.
Protein abundance.
Find out the rest for yourself

Yes, it is possible to get bored of bacon and eggs so get creative.

lol its a meme

& there is practically nothing to eat other than salad unless you like dead animals

no energy and only shitting once a week.

Keto + compound lifting is literally the only thing that ever worked for me at all. I've tried every other diet, cutting/bulking with meticulous macro counting, meal prep etc., and I tried basically every kind of exercise on earth also, calisthenics, bodybuilding, kettlebells, german volume training etc., and again, keto diet + heavy compounds stands head and shoulders above the rest.

maybe you didn't get enough protein on other diets. protein is so easy to get on keto so that might be why

Actually no, I have an easy time gaining muscle, I do not have an easy time losing fat also, unless I am on keto.

> "you tried literally everything including meticulous macro counting (which includes protein) and only keto worked? MUSTVE BEEN TE PROTEIN LOLOL! I bet wen u were autisticly counting ur macros in meal prep u were not doin enuf proteen!!! U probly 4got to eat chikken!

I did atkins-style lowcarb without counting calories. I lost a fair bit of weight but relapsed after about half a year and gained it all back.
Never noticed any increased or decreased energy levels, what I did notice was:
- couldn't fall asleep
- was bloated and constipated simultaneously
- insane cravings for the one food group I couldn't have, pasta, potatoes, bread, sweets. I could load up on pork chops and coleslaw and still not feel satisfied.

Now I'm doing IF and it's much easier. Been on it for a year and for the first time it feels like a maintainable lifestyle, not a "diet" you do for X months then abandon completely and go back to bad habits. You go hungry for some hours but you know you'll eat to satiety and eat what you want later in the day. Much easier to handle than "I'd kill for a slice of bread with this cottage cheese but I know I can't have it".

Feel free to try it but if you feel you can't take it, transition to something else instead of abandoning it completely. I just wasted a year to yoyo past what I started with.

Is a cheatmeal/Week ok while in keto? Because I do crave pizza und burgers from time to time

depends on how long you've been on keto. the longer you are on it, the higher the carb threshold is before you get thrown out of it.

if you have only been in it for about a month that limit is probably around 50g and it will take you a few days to get back into it if you get out of it, but for someone that has been on it for multiple months that might be at 100g or even higher and they can usually get back into it in 1-2 days.

btw, there are keto burgers and pizza.

Food choices is limited, cholesterol goes up, and when you still burning carbs as fuel, you burn muscle.

Don't do it.

try it for a few weeks and see if you like it, dont listen to a person you don't know, do it yourself.

Fucking retarded.

I pity the poor fatties that resort to meme diets and miss out on delicious carbs.

keto is anything but a meme diet

few weeks won't do shit on keto. it takes at least a week if not more to get into it the first time. 3-4 months would be more realistic

lol what a faggot you are

doing some paleo/keto ish thing right now, not because I need to lose weight but because it seems like an interesting diet.

No, but for most it isn't worth it. It surely wasn't worth it for me. I take ritalin and on keto I'm always sleepy even after a second pill. Try it and see if you can get something worthwile out of it, just don't become a keto nazi.