youtu.be/7iBqEknWOiU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Had that retard never seen a bird?

20 years ago is historical, right?

>the thousand year reich

And so that commie shits don't get too cocky
>communism

holy fucking shit, what a horrible time we live in
this man is considered an esteemed intellectual- even my fucking senile grandfather knew that computers were going to change the world, how the fuck can someone have respect for such an asinine moron as this
tl;dr lol

>Everything that can be invented has been invented

t. faggots on 1899

>The world needs only five computers

t. IBM

JUST

Justa Grata Honoria, commonly referred to during her lifetime as Honoria,[1] was the older sister of the Western Roman Emperor Valentinian III — famous for her plea of love and help to Attila the Hun, which led to his proclamation of his claim to rule the Western Roman Empire.

her brother decided to marry Honoria to a Roman senator named Bassus Herculanus who was considered "safe" and unlikely to use this connection to seize the throne. Faced with this unwanted marriage, Honoria sought the aid of Attila the Hun. She sent the Hunnish king a plea for help – and her ring – in the spring of 450. Though Honoria may not have intended a proposal of marriage, Bury points out Attila chose to interpret her message as such.[13] He accepted, asking for half of the western Empire as dowry. When Valentinian discovered the plan, again only the influence of his mother Galla Placidia convinced him to exile, rather than kill, Honoria. He also wrote to Attila strenuously denying the legitimacy of the supposed marriage proposal.

Fuck I always thought krugman was a fucking idiot, back from when I was in uni and had to look at his criticism of friedman. Massive hack

kek

eh, he was kind of right
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble

>the dot-com bubble had no impact on the economy

My favorite are people BTFO'ing themselves

“Reagan doesn’t have that presidential look.”
–United Artists Executive, rejecting Reagan as lead in 1964 film The Best Man

No flying machine will ever fly from New York to Paris … [because] no known motor can run at the requisite speed for four days without stopping.

— Orville Wright, c. 1908

No known motor in 1908 probably could so he wasnt wrong

jej

>Huffington post
I huuuuuurt myself todaaaaaaaay

>cut away to graph of price of bitcoin
>arrested development music plays
>PRODUCER: LARRY DAVID

>mean to talk about Curb
>accidentally fuck it up and say the wrong show
fuck

well I guess this is out there now

>Reddit Correction
>doesn't know how to delete posts

you should go back

Rekt

Ow

The 5 year larp

no, I just didn't want to delete the post because non-plebs who use 4chanx can see the deleted post anyway and it's just embarassing

kys for even suggesting that desu

Damn.

But that's true

there is no nobel prize in economy

IVST

He is an economist who also won a novel prize YOU STUPID FUCKING DUMBASS

what a hack lol

In what field would an economist ever win a Nobel prize?
There's a Nobel Memorial Award in economy, but that is not the same thing as a Nobel Prize

cec

What does he even mean by this? I guess he means silent films are better but the way he phrased it makes it sound like he wants all audio in movies to be desynced from the video.

Maybe he means that cinema is supposed to be a purely visual medium?

Doesn't really make sense, but I guess I can see where he's coming from.

said about 72 hours before the market crash of 1929

He just wanted to keep the price low so he can accumulate

He just wanted to shill the bubble so retard would buy his bags

so if i want to be rich i should plan for the opposite of what economists say?

>being embarrassed of a post on Veeky Forums
You have to go back

Kelvin did loads of great science when he was young, he only became a lolcow late in life.

No, because there are economists who say literally everything. Just rely on magic / luck, its the only reliable means to become rich.

maybe the JUST is because most people think that the strongest or most intelligent survives, and not the other way as Darwin said in that quote

There's a nobel in economics...

Problem is he said that no machine will ever do that.

Yeah but he was just some redneck, he probably mis-spoke. I mean the man invented a flying machine, he obviously didn't lack imagination.

Quotes ITT are probably worse than this vid, but holy fuck

Just imagine being Kasparov in this instant

youtube.com/watch?v=kZqcT66Fkzw

>possibly the greatest chess player in history
>his legacy is getting rekt by a computer
JUST

12 year

>his legacy is getting rekt by an iceberg
FTFY
Although honestly, other than Brendan himself Kasparov's life has been the epitome of JUST of late.

Good one

kuk

Does anyone have that meme of Napoleon III asking "Is it true that we weren't cowards at Sedan?"

The worst part is that he's actually one of the smarter ones. He criticized the Bush tax cuts and predicted that the 2008 crisis in some form would come.

He is unironically correct.
All audio does is cheapen the visual medium by splitting your attention and playing with your emotions through music and cues instead of letting it develop naturally

It's funny because now every president in movies either looks like him, Kennedy, or Dubya.

Reminder: B.A.V.I

not quite

>So I told the Boxers to attack Europeans and they actually did it, the absolute madmen!
t. Qing Dynasty.

Labour productivity in US and Eurozone essentially have flatlined after circa 2005. Aside from the popularization of desktop computers, internet hasn't really helped there despite there being much more communication, internet services, data and digitalized solutions in the last 13 years - during which the labour productivity has not grown over a 1% on a single year.

But that’s an overall estimate correct? What if you control against companies that have gone fully digital as far as possible versus those that still use the traditional means before computers came about?
I think you’ll find a different answer then.
Also, the internet itself is responsible for countless job openings. Ie the dealership I work at had me managing a team of salesmen for 3 years before I had half of them and then all of them replaced by online representatives and salespeople who interact with customers purely through the internet.
My team was and still is the highest total sales figures out of our entire metroplex chain.

Buttcoin isnt about technology its just flashy money laundering

But 2% is a realistic chance of success? 1/50 isn't 1/10 000. Sure, its rare, but by no means impossible. Now, if Huffpost rated trump 1/50 in 2020 and he still won, that would probably be a defective model.

Spotted the eternal contrarian kid

No, it's not.

>birds are machines

unironically /thread

all animals are complicated meat machines, brainlet

There was also the issue that the model they used showed her very likely winning purple states with a small margin. A small enough margin that people lying to pollsters meant that a 90% chance of getting 51% of the vote meant actually getting 49%.

Organism =/= machine

Not impossible, so unlikely that it wouldn't be worth taking seriously.
Odds are at least one US president would win based on those odds by now, but the point is that the odds are clearly horseshit anyway and huffpo is a rag.

I don't have the exact citation, but shortly after WW1, Foch (I think) said that airplanes would never be of ant real importance in warfare

>It would have been desirable, o emperor, that the kings of the Romans and the Persians neither disagreed among themselves nor opposed each other in any way, but established friendship and concord with all willingness; for such a state of affairs had been most pleasant and enjoyable to men of old as it is to all of us now, inasmuch as it is conductive to a desirable and orderly life. This concord should be as profound as our empires are great; for we know that no other state will ever appear to rival these our empires (dun dun DUN). Indeed it is not proper – given the possibility of strenghening our mutual good relations and friendship by exhibiting wisdom and prudence – that we should take up arms and unjustly injure each other to the detriment of our soldiers.

- Persian general Shahin, to Heraclius, during the last Roman-Persian War

Without getting into stuff like free will or whatnot, an organism survives by a complex interaction of chemical and physical processes, much like any machine.

Biggest understatement in history.

But to his credit, he also made this one in 1919

Its kinda easier to understand why so many Frogs died in WWI.

Well he was sort of right, even today planes are never decisive in wars

Tell that to Gadaffi

>non arguments
>for the sake of arguing
youtu.be/7iBqEknWOiU
Well well well...

Here's a great collection of retards

cont.

Ah yes, it was planes who found him in a ditch and analsexed him with a knife.

>heh y'o'ur just dumber than us smart guise
Lol cocky ass r*dditors

It was planes that destroyed his army to the point it wasn't even able to defend him from a bunch of rapey subhuman rebels anymore

Also, it's Western warplanes that spotted and stopped his convoy

>le mad dog tee hee

I wish all journos had one hide so I could enjoy skinning them all at once.

tbf most big names in economy that weren't in the pocket of wall street speculators and weren't memesters like the austrians, made pretty good guesses.

There were so many red-flags that most people that were paying attention could spot one or two: the merger of investment and commercial banks, the invention of adjustable morgage rates, credit-default swaps being traded by the same finnancial blocks that loaned money (essentially using their clients' money to bet against their clients, this is the stuff that keeps me up at night but I have to admire the sheer boldness of this ridiculous plot), the ballooning of the volume of debt to actual cash, etc.

???

Are you talking about the poster, or the incorrect quotes?

Quotes

Sad stuff. Now the whole of the oldest parts of civilization are ruled by retards

Once again proving that Rankine is the superior system.

Economics is literally a field in which the prize is awarded.