SHORTEST WAY TO 1/2/3/4

What routine will get me to 1/2/3/4 reps the quickest? Don't care for aesthetics etc but rather first hit 1/2 over 3/4.

My current stats are, for 3x6 reps:
> 74kg (164lbs) Bench Press
> 44kg (97lbs) OHP
> 54kg (119lbs) Squats (haven't squatted in a long time)
> 112kg (246lbs) Deadlift
> 194cm (6'4) tall, at 98kg (216lbs).

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you look fat

I tried both SS, SL and Lvysaurs beginner routine. They're all good, but it was way easier to progress on OHP and bench with Lvysaurs, since you do those exercises 3x a week.

pic not related, sorry
that's omar isuf on OP

i got to 1/2/3/4 in like 6 months by just doing SS, eating at surplus and sleeping 10 hours a night. didn't get that much fatter either, went from about 12% to 17% bf.

when the shit was getting heavy (esp OHP) i never went to failure and stopped at least 1-2 reps before that and tried to do as many sets as i could. in the end, 3x5 is the same shit as 5x3. after main sets i did 2-3 sets of volume at around 70-80% of work set weight. this is what helped me the most.

Any routine that includes the big 4, obviously

I hit 1/2/3 within 10 months on my own version of Arnolds Golden Six, but I'm still at 125kg on deadlift because I started it 2-3 months ago.

Literally any program that revolves around the big lifts.

This.

No single routine is """""the best""""".
Just pick on and train hard and eat plenty.

>Lvysaurs beginner routine
Is it pic related?

I can't affort to sleep 10h a day, unfortunately, due to med school I usually get 6-7h/day tops.

I'm already at ~18% bf. Would it be a stretch to go full SS?

> after main sets i did 2-3 sets of volume at around 70-80% of work set weight.

I've been doing just that for that last month, great. In fact just increased my bench 4kg for reps, this week.

SS is going to be fastest, but optimally you'll hit 3pl8 squat first

noone can ever know what works best for you but what I made the quickest strength gainz doing is

bench 3 times a week, focus on pause-reps 3x5, always have a spotter

for press focus on push-press 3x3 or 3x5 twice a week

skwats 3x8, add 2kg every time, squat twice a week

diddlies, over the 3 years I've been doing this shit I still dont know what best works for me but 3x3 is effective and then occassionally max or do 5-8 reps, just don't get stuck doing the same thing

as for routine, whatever, texas method or SL is a good base to build on.
I only lift twice a week because of martial arts, so I do squats+dips (I dont do bench since I hit 2pl8)+ 2-3 accessory lifts, then 2 days later do diddlies+press+2-3 accessory lifts

also, I forgot to add, dont focus on all 4 at the same time. Have a period where you really focus on 2 of them while doing lighter work on the other 2

fatigue will catch up to you eventually if you push too hard for too long (too much volume)

Yeah that's it. Enjoyed it a lot more than SS and SL.

i noticed that i did much worse when i slept less than 8 hours. not to mention that during that time i didn't have anything to do and i just lifted and then chilled at home. if you do other shit throughout the day the progress will obviously be much slower.

i wouldn't recommend going past 20% bf but it's your call. how long have you been lifting for btw? if you're out of noob gains you're better just doing 28 free and enjoy the ride, although it will take you longer.

forgot to mention that i did bench and ohp every workout and only deadlifted heavy once per week while doing volume deadlifts for the other 2 days. obviously not what the program said but i felt like i could use more upper volume and it turned out to work for me.

Yeah, that's just what I thought.

> I only lift twice a week because of martial arts, so I do squats+dips (I dont do bench since I hit 2pl8)+ 2-3 accessory lifts, then 2 days later do diddlies+press+2-3 accessory lifts
To me, lifting 2x a week would be the best. That's why I want hit 1/2/3/4 fast in 1st place.

I love the pause reps you mentioned. I started doing that + volume sets at lower weights, and my bench increased, even tho I'm following no program atm.

I like the way it's planned out. Having 4x8 secondary work seems good for gains.

> i noticed that i did much worse when i slept less than 8 hours.
Me too. I guess I'll have to make more room for sleep, somehow.

>i wouldn't recommend going past 20% bf but it's your call.
Yea, at least I'm tall af, so except for losing face gains, I guess I could deal with until cutting for the summer (south hemisphere here).

> how long have you been lifting for btw?
On and off about 1year and 2mo; I usually can track 1~2months of progress, but then life gets on the way for some weeks/months. I haven't followed any program, that doesn't help either.

>forgot to mention that i did bench and ohp every workout and only deadlifted heavy once per week while doing volume deadlifts for the other 2 days. obviously not what the program said but i felt like i could use more upper volume and it turned out to work for me.

From what I've been doing at the gym, I think that would work for me too.

So your program was something like this?

A
> Press/Bench Press 5x3 + 3x8 70-80%
> Squat 3×5
> Press/Bench Press 3×8 70-80%
> Deadlift 3×3 80%
> Chin-ups

B
> Press/Bench Press 5x3 + 3x8 70-80%
> Squat 3×5
> Press/Bench Press 3×8 70-80%
> Deadlift 1×5
> Chin-ups

AxBxAxx

Probably texas method, but you could do anything and make still gains with that shit squat

>texas method
You mean pic related or those trappy templates?

>you could do anything and make still gains with that shit squat
For sure. On the 1st couple months of training, I did reach 74kg/164lbs squat (not much but better huh) but then had to quit, and never really got back...

What do you think of that routine?

forgot pic

i always tried to do 3x5 but if that didn't work i did as many reps as i could and stopped 1-2 reps before failure and then just did as many sets as i needed to hit 15 reps in total for the day. so like i said, if 3x5 didn't work then i did 5x3 or even 4x4 or any weird combination as long as i was doing at least 15 total reps for the day on that exercise (5 for deadlifts).

A
>bench/ohp 3x5 or at minimum of 15 total reps + 2-3x10-15 at 70-80%
>squat 3x5 or at minimum of 15 total reps + 2-3x10-15 at 70-80%
>deadlift 1x5 or 5x1 or any other combination (only 1 per week, on fridays)

B
>bench/ohp same as A again
>squat same as A
>deadlift 2-3x10 not too heavy but heavy enough so i could just finish 10 reps but not fail form (mon and wed)

i didn't do any assistance exercises because it would just take me that much longer to reach my goal. if you think you can handle the extra stuff then go for it but keep in mind that more is not always better and that sometimes doing very little will benefit you the most.

if you've been lifting for that long you won't get very far doing linear program again. sure you might progress for a few weeks but then you'll stall. better option for you would be to go to strongerbyscience.com/ and scroll down and enter your email or a disposable one and do the beginner program. 3x bench/squat/ohp and maybe even deadlift. if you find deadlifts are too hard for 3x/week then just do them once. good thing about this program is that each lift can be treated as its own block so you can mix and match however you see fit plus you never work at your max like you do on SS thus you will progress much more smoothly and never really be tired. if you decide for it just read the pdf it comes with it for more info

>tfw I 1/1.5/3/2.5 (why the fuck can't I diddly more than I squat?)

Omar Assmuff should hop on roids. He has potential to go fucking huge.

Is omar the natty limit?

he's about at his genetic potential but he has shit insertions and follows iifym which doesn't help

Leverage is the answer. You probably got short arms (and short legs) relative to your torso. Short legs will benefit your squat A LOT. But short arms will hinder your progress on DL by same amount.

>had to quit
why

The texas method was originally just a squat scheme developed by oly lifters, there are a million variations. Every lifter needs to find their accessories which do the most amount of good for their main lifts. Many lifters accessory movements will be different because of their genetics, bio mechanics, and lifting history. I would recommend using something like pic related and cycling through accessories for a while until you find ones which are very effective.

He is at his natty limit, but he is nowhere near the absolute natty limit

Nice. I think I'll try on LP for a while, at least my squat and dl get to a somewhat reasonable level (I've been doing it 2-3x a month, tops).

I've download the programs, I'll take a look on how it works. Thanks.

He did cut since that OP pic. He's looking much better.

I was doing it bad form tho parallel, then had to quit gym for some months, and never got my form fixed.

I saved pic related the other day, its from PPST, so I guess it's Texas method too, and I think it fits my usual choices. But I wanted to get closer to 1/2/3/4, or at least milk some LP before doing it.

This should be fine for a while, but when you run into problems with your squat development, add in one or two lower push accessories

that's pretty much just lightning

Nah he's not that impressive.

So I've made this chart. It's basically the mid phase of SS + curls; light deadlifts instead of back extensions because of lack of equipment.

Is it good to go? pic related

Dont ever fucking post that again. Thats not texas method at all you fucking idiot.

Youre a moron

Dude just do SS or SL and eat and sleep. Youre a fucking beginner. Why are you making this so difficult?

if you are a beginner just doing compounds is enough. adding too much shit will slow your progress on main lifts. if you aren't a complete beginner then this looks good but you should really add some kind of rows.

Yeah, I was in doubt. Currently I'm doing 3 types a row, 3x a week (pendlay, seated, kroc). I guess I'll cut the pull-downs and do kroc rows in place of that.

wendler loves kroc rows

seeing natty powerlifters/bodybuilders just makes me wanna do steroids in all honesty.

>54kg (119lbs) Squats
>74kg (164lbs) Bench Press

Shit nigger what are you doing

Not squatting for months. In retrospect, I should've squatted at least 2x a month like I did with deadlifts, in order to keep at least keep the lifts. :/

>2x a month

Nah, with a weak ass squat like that you do it at least 2x a week until you can comfortably squat your own BW for 3 sets of 5 clean reps.