/fat/ Fatty General

Last Thread almost at 300: What is fatty general? A thread for fat members of Veeky Forums who want to start eating healthy and lose weight.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get though it to better ourselves.
At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

What're you doing tonight to keep yourself from binging?

Post your numbers, fellow fatties

Male/29
5'11
Starting weight: 312
Current weight: 270 (-42)
Goal weight: 180

had 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast for protein, 1247 cal to go for the day, gonna have a small lunch and then go for a jog after my work orientation.

male/21
5'11
Starting weight: 179lb
Current weight: 175lb
Goal weight: 150lb

Male 22. 5'11 199 pounds. Current goal is 170. Startimg weight was around 310 pounds. I started last summer. It's been rough lately. I don't have any motivation to excercise and i've been fighting with my bulimia

M/21
5'6"
Starting Weight: 187 lbs
Current: 175
Goal: 150

Should my goal be aimed a bit lower? I'm afraid that I'd look skeleton at low 140s.

Just keep going till yur satisfied

It's terrible. Born fat, fattest kid in school and stayed that way until my early 20s. I ended up losing 60-70 pounds and put back at least 10-20 pounds in the past few months. I used to eat two meals a day and feel fine, now I eat three and snacks. I don't even want to eat, but I'm hungry all the time. If I don't eat I'm too nauseous to even sit up. It's been getting better, but the worst part is I was starting to get comfortable and felt hopeless, since I couldn't fit in my normal pants anymore. I thought I might as well just try accepting it.

That is until I went out for the first time in months, knocked something over in the grocery store and stood up to see two employees snickering at me and hiding their faces when they saw I noticed them. Ended up dumping my desserts for healthier choices. Been doing well since then, have been exercising daily and haven't been craving sweets.

Today's been pretty bad though

>wake up from hunger
>feel nauseous from it
>have a banana with an egg and piece of bread
>still hungry so I ate an apple
>still hungry so I ate two sweet potatoes

I hate this shit. I've already ruined my day.

Male/20
6'
Starting Weight: 230
Current Weight : 210 (-20)
Goal Weight: 180

I was 196 at the end of the summer but I caved and fucked up my cut ;_; I'm getting serious about it again, focusing on my calorie intake and working out again. Impulse is hard to control when you work around food 24/7.

I am losing weight slowly, but need to pass a weight check sometime soon and i am not losing weight fast enough.

Do you know any cheating techniques for check ups? I only know of dehydration which does seem to remove some kgs if you dont drink for 24 hours(only tiny slips allowed, and only 2-3 at most) and sweat a lot.

m/23
189cm
start: 165
current: 150
goal: 10% bodyfat

Been doing 5X5 stronglifts and regural cardio since christmas

(kilograms, not pounds)

Male/22
5'11
SW: 245
CW: 238
GW: 180

I just started

Male/26
5'9
Starting weight: 263
Current weight: 263
Goal weight: 170

Just started today. New to Veeky Forums. Wish me luck. And best of luck to all of you.

(Repost since I fucked up my age)

male/24
5'9
122kg start
Started 5 days ago, will check in 2 days, scared
Goal: 90kg

I'm rooting for you user

I'm sure you'll be at least below 120kg, stay strong if you want to see that number man.

cut off a limb

Why cant we just open the belly and take away a part of fat? it literally is full of fat, it shouldnt be that hard to take it away

You can. It's called liposuction or a tummy tuck

male/18
6'1''
starting weight 275
current weight 245
goal weight : at least 200 but 190 would be ideal imo

>What're you doing tonight to keep yourself from binging?
Binged last night and while I still did it I didn't enjoy it as much as I used to, the food just didn't taste as good? Whats up with that?

Also Female/19
5'4
SW:207
CW:194
GW:145

Male/22
6'2
Start: 104kg
Curr: 95kg
Goal: 80kg

Good luck

Also cute dog.

They dont take any big pieces though, that isnt used for weight loss, i am talking about something bigger

male/25
5'4
starting weight 110
current weight 104
goal weight 80

Male/22
185cm
starting weight 120+
current weight 115 at best
Goal weight unsure

F/25
5'4
Starting weight: 220
Current weight: 164
Goal weight: 120

M/24
6'3
Starting weight: 280
Current weight: 220
Goal weight: 180

male/23
5'11"
starting weight 235
current weight: 235 (finally starting and doing something about my shit self)
goal weight: 190-200. I understand muscle weighs more than fat, and so I am trying to cut out fat, but gain much more muscle.

>Male/27
>1.75m
>Starting weight: 158kg
>Current weight: 151kg
>Goal weight: 75kg

might want to add a multi-vitamin. You might not be getting what your body needs in your meals.

This was me threes years after I was out of the military, I was lean and fast in the marines. I settled into a job and a wife and video games with almost no physical activity whatsoever. In late 2014 I divorced my wife after she, another fatty had cheated on me.
I decided that I wasn't happy with who I was and what I was doing.
Here I was about 300lbs 6' tall and sedentary.
Now I am bearmode.

Male
5'11"
Started at 235
Down to 195
Goal is somewhere between 150-165 and then start bulking. The mirror will decide.

nice man, after pic and tips/diet/workout plan?

I cut down around early 2014 and dropped weight hard and fast until I was about 200lbs. I didn't have abs like I did in the marines, but I felt better and healthier. I hadn't really been taking the weights seriously back then and it was mostly all just cardio. I reduced the cardio to no more than 20mins a week and adjusted my diet for an intense routine for building muscle. Now im much leaner and indescribabley stronger but I'm not there yet.
Now I'm 250lbs it's almost time for another hard cut so I can lean down more and my cuts will be more visible.
I'm also going to be a daddy soon with a very pregnant fiancé.
I'm in the top 2 or 3 strongest in my gym too. Very happy with the direction I am headed.

I do IIFYM and I eat a hell of a lot of chicken breast and broccoli. Fukin hate broccoli but I eat that shit like it powers my soul.
I do Bradley Martyns routine that my gym bro and hero wanted to try, I'll post my old routine here too.

Congratulations on your baby and also on your transformation.

tfw you find the first pic more attractive than the second

This is the routine I did between 2014 and late 2016.
I didn't always cut, and I fooled around with bulking and cutting a lot. Lol
Monday
Incline dumbbell bench
Dumb bell bench
Declinebench
Leg press
Shoulder presses
Chestfly
Incline curls

Tuesday
Cable Row
Lat pulldown
Kroc rows (bent over dumbbell rows)
Leg curl
Upright row
Barbell shrugs
Hammer curls

Thursday
Military press
Squats
Front squats
Shoulder press
Standing dumbbell curl

Friday
Dead lifts
Tbar row
Krok rows
Cable row
Dumb bell bench
Barbel curls

Even when I was fat as fuck women wanted me. It's the same now too somehow.
Two weeks after me and my wife split I was fucking a 19yo hottie with a sweet tight little body. It was surreal.
Fuck if I know why.

Most of the lifts were 5x5 back then for a bit until I changed it to 3x8 and then 4x12

Male/20
6'1"
starting weight: 320
current weight: 240
goal weight:200

This last bit to lose is the worst. weeks of cutting can go away if I falter for just a moment. I've added a lot more stress in my life like work, money, and trying to make social gains. It makes it hard to put my %100 percent into losing weight and staving off binges. Wish me luck fatbros. We can make it.

wish I had a gymbro like you dude. You been through some shit and have the bear body that I want to achieve. I'm gonna do the routines you posted and come back to this thread in a month to hopefully pass on the inspiration you gave me homie.

If anyone of you guys ever see me irl, do not hesitate to come ask me for help. I don't make it a secret I post here. Idgaf bout that, but I'm very approachable and very friendly.

Like I said, there a million just like me out there. If you see me irl, don't hesitate to say something. I'll help you all I can.
Be sure to run a mile after each workout, the treadmills are dressed by us fatties but it works pretty well. I'm getting back on the treadmill now myself.

Male/18
5'11"
Starting weight: 331.5

Current weight: 256 (-75.5)

Goal weight: 170

Been at this since july 2016. I don't want heart disease lads, I'm hoping that I'm still young enough to have avoided any serious long term repurcussions.

You'll make it man, as long as you don't give up.

And what I am doing to not binge tonight is keeping up with my strict as fuck 20/4 IF. I already know I'm eating garbage for dinner, it's a friends birthday today, but if I stick to my guns and make that meal my only consumption for the day, I can probably keep the shit under 1500.

Male, 30yo
1.75m
Started at 134kg
Current 114kg
Goal 80kg

Just broke up with gf, and i live a hell of sadness. I stopped loosing weight last 3 weeks cause i eat shit.
I would need help not trying to kill myself.
So i post on this stupid shit board drinking whisky like a retard, trying to forget about the unbearable sadness.

5'11
Starting weight: 312lbs
Current weight: 230lbs
Goal weight: 200lbs originally, might go for 180.

Started lifting late last year.

Male/20
5'8
Started at 228
Now at 198
Goal 170

Look at my story above, and the happiness that you could have if you decide to take it.

Who else here /StartingTomorrow/?

Wait so salt has 0 calories?

I am eating cucumbers with vinegar and that Himalayan salt for dinner so this isnt really heavy in calories to bother with calculating right?

You can start today. Weight loss is 80% done in the kitchen bro. What you can do today is look into IIFYM and be honest with yourself on what be you've eaten today and go off of that every day until it becomes second nature.
We're all gonna make it if we decide to.

Always add it. Doesn't matter how little it is, track it.

Definitely calculate it breh. I hope you've hit your protein fat and carb requirement by then. You are lifting weights right?

>ooh I started yesterday but I'm doing it for realsies this time

Fuck off you useless sacks of shit, come back when you have some actual progress to show.
Why is this fat people backpatting club even allowed on a fitness board.

I feel like these threads are here to give inspiration to the fatties. I'm the bear mode bro that posted up there and I still need the inspiration to help me. These are for more that just people who are about to start. Ppl like you are pos faggots, we should be helping one another and inspiring them not tearing them down.

What kind of weight check in? Why do you need to cheat it if you are doing ok losing slowly?

Male/19
182cm
Starting weight: 98kg
Current weight: 88kg (-10kg)
Goal weight: 75kg

I took lifting pretty seriously when I was 15 ~ 17, but I stopped going to the gym at some point (started feeling like absolute shit, which affected my lifts and thus fucked over my motivation to go lift). I was pretty lean at my peak (10%BF at 75kg), and that was a few years ago. I have grown since, so I imagine I should be looking pretty good at 75kg.

I'm losing like 1.5~kg a week on average. Maybe it's too much, but I'm not doing anything suicidal. Just eating 6~7 meals a day, cardio 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I also walk a lot though (commuting to & from school, etc), so I end up racking in another 60 minutes of low-intensity cardio, while the other 30 mins I do are mainly HIIT (sprinting uphill - this is PERFECT).

I have junk food at least once a week, since I mostly have my meals wherever my mates have theirs, so I end up eating shit like McChicken burgers and pizza every so often.

Well i ate around 1500 calories during midday, mostly rounded up, so i think that cant exceed 100 calories

And i need to technically eat around 2000 for -500 deficit so it is -900 today

But i mean, i googled salt calories and it said there are 0 calories in 100gr of salt, didnt know that.

Not really, doing only a number of exercises without weights, i just need to lose a ton of fat.

Give fatties direction, it's not our problem if they chose the easy fatty path afterward. They're here and that's their first step.

Salt will make you retain water, don't forget that.
And I would definitely advise resistance training. Body building especially.

Salt is required for muscles, just don't eat a pack of chips for your salt intake.

>we should be helping one another and inspiring them

That's what FPH threads are for. You want to start not being a fat piece of shit, great, but don't expect to be congratulated because *there was an attempt*

Normal weight check in, company doctor gets anal about weight because he once let a 600pound monster to go for work and fell from the pilot ladder causing an incident.

Plus we dont have the best relationship. I dont know when i ll need to go to him but i need to have some tricks prepared.

Please remember to read the sticky first, very good beginner info there. You can always ask questions in here after reading it but if your wuestion is answered in the sticky, people will just direct you there.

I don't binge, I'm a nibbler so my bigggest weakness is solved by limiting my eating to 3 meals and one snack at designated times. I don't eat after 8pm. I track calories and eat 1200/day. I'm losing well but not too fast. Will post my stats when I've made a bit more progress, I agree with That these threads should not coddle beginners.

>Salt will make you retain water, don't forget that.
Why is that important again?

If he has you on a weight loss plan, why aren't you meeting the weigh-in goals? Other than the dehydration thing you mentioned, there's not really any way to trick or cheat a lower weight on a weigh-in.

So i ve been doing these exercises for 5 days now that someone suggested, was really sore when i woke up after the first 2-3 days, now i dont feel it much. That person also said that i should check if my muscles are sore after exercise, right now they are not, does that mean i should try harder or longer?

I do these exercises in this order, i ve added the number of reps i can do in 2 sets, sometimes if i overdo it i cant do the 2nd set fully so i try to stop around when it gets too hard but not impossible.

Is it good that i have put exercises alternate between leg and arms? Usually helps with not taking a big break inbetween certain exercises

Usually take a 30-60sec break between each exercises/set unless it is arm/leg alternation which i usually change to that fast.

About the diet, is it ok if i eat a big meal(1000-1500 calories) around miday and then mostly eat cucumbers/small salad or the occasional small fruit like kiwi? I cant really get into the small meals diet, it is so unsatisfying and i end up getting hungry more often.
Dont usually eat anything around morning when i do the exercises, only eat that big meal around midday so around 2-3 hours after the exercise

Hi sir,
Thank you. This kind of story motivates me.
Still im just sad now cause of stupid bitch, but i just started to change like 4 monthes ago. Started new diet, study again...and its cool.
Just a bad terrible moment.
:)

Everyone starts somewhere. You seem mad. Is it because I'm bigger and stronger than you? Because by girls always notice my cuts and definition? Because I'm the one they call when they want someone strong to help them with something, of which I always ended up fucking with my equally impressive 8x7 dick?

You will lose fat but retain the water weight. Don't let it discourage you.

>Because by girls
>he thinks everyone is straight
kek

I gotchu bro. You'll make it if I have to carry you. All of you.

Ah i see, it could just cloud your progress if you eat much, thanks

My very pregnant fiancé was a lesbian before me. Now she thinks She was Just bi this whole time.
If you're a gaybro, these fatties succeeding with inspiration just gives you more gaybros to choose from.
You literally can't lose.

that's where you're wrong kid.
>20 xtra large grey balloons
>use some light cloth to disguise as clouds
>tie strings to back belt loop

Mfw

what the fuck are you even on about
like, how did your brain draw a connection between the two

Funzies and nostalgia mostly.

Progress in exercise is good, I'm glad it's working for you. Add another set to each exercise. When soreness goes, it's time to add exercise.

Have you lost any weight?
For diet, you'll have to play it by ear if you can't get the nutrition info for the foods you eat. Intermittent fasting (IF) diets advocate one meal per day but common wisdom on all diets is that you must take in fewer calories than you expend, exercise alone will not bring much weight loss but it's absolutely needed for fitness. You can experiment cutting your portions of food until you lose weight steadily at 1-2 pounds per week.

Put down the fork and start today. This kind of post and replies will get this thread killed. Read the sticky and make your very next meal a more healthy, smaller one. Find an exercise routine you can do, everyone can do one of some kind

Fuck /starting tomorrow/

Ah got it.

I havent checked weight yet, i intend to check it coming sunday, for some reason wasnted a week to pass so i can see more visible results.

And yeah, i am definitely on a calorie deficit, you said that the required calories were 2628, so 2128 for a -500 deficit but i am usually eating around 1600-1800 a day and dont really feel very hungry after i eat the big 1000-1500 meal midday, i try to roundup the calories of everything i am unsure to higher numbers just to be safe.

I also found i have 2 small 2kg of pic related so could be useful for future exercises if needed, will move to 3 sets from tomorrow, take that break on Sunday and repeat again next week all days minus Sunday.

Agreed

>What is fatty general? A thread for fat members of Veeky Forums who want to start eating healthy and lose weight.
Just fucking hit the gym you fat retard, through healthy eating and hitting the gym 6 Days a week I've lost 6 stone in under 12 months.

Instead of creating threads like this on your ass, stand up and go for a walk.

Is it ok to eat KFC or a mcdonalds burger if it is below calorie requirements?

Suppose i should have also posted this;
Male/19
6'1"
Starting weight: (above) 24st

Current weight: (around) 16:11st

Goal weight: (around 16st but built up, I probably won't drop under 13st or so due to my size and muscle mass).

Pic related is goal bod,same body proportions as him.

Yay, a kettle bell. Research some beginner kettle bell exercises you can start, let that be your homework. Form and posture is very important with kettle bell.

Keep eating the cucumbers and salads, even if small portions, they are very good for you. 1600-1800 is fine, not too low, but your weight will tell you if you are on track. Losing less than 1 pound per week usually means you are eating too much.

Look into IIFYM

Not trying to put you down, but 90kg at 175 is still very, very fat. I know because I was in the same boat. I'd aim for 80 as a realistic goal (lesser is ofc even better)

former 240 lbs fatty now im at 180. I lost the weight pretty fast all I did was cardio in the morning before eating anything.

It started as more of a fatty beginner containment thread to answer dumb questions not covered in the sticky and encourage total couch people started on SOME kind of program of diet and exercise but it has gone downhill since then.

Male/22
5'5"
Starting weight 178
Current weight 149
Goal weight: idfk but 10-12%bf

I forgot to eat breakfast my dudes, is that bad when I'm cutting? 240 5'10. I was running late and forgot. Do I eat breakfast when I get home or just move on to lunch?

>Instead of creating threads like this on your ass, stand up and go for a walk

Why not both?

Male/29
6'3
Started at 20 stone two months ago, down to 19.5 today. And that's just by eating less, as I've been too much of a lazy piece shit to actually exercise regularly.

Goal would be around 17 stone, but desu Idgaf about the number. A flat stomach with no hate handles is what I want.

Its been surprisingly easy, eating less, and getting easier every day. At first the constant feeling of slight hunger was annoying, kept me from sleeping, but now its almost enjoyable. I think I'm used to smaller portions by now, I went out to a Polish restaurant today and had to leave half the food behind,just got too full.

I'm gonna make it brehs. Now just gotta sort out the exercise bit.

>gone downhill since then.

Its the same quality basically. This one's shitty because its just people telling us stats

I think we should include in the description of the general: "We are not /thesticky/ general. If you're new here and haven't read the sticky go there first."